10,000+ Club?

Annie3468

I think even those like Parrothead8 would still have to be on here for a while to top 10K, I think at 100 posts a week it would be about 2 years, and that is a lot of posts for most folks.

Once you are also addicted you will cruise towards the 10K club as well. :D

I think even those like Parrothead8 would still have to be on here for a while to top 10K, I think at 100 posts a week it would be about 2 years, and that is a lot of posts for most folks.

:D

14 posts a day?? hey~~ piece of cake..:p

I am quickly heading to the 'no life club'!:o
You'll be in good company.......

And just think...the posts in Floataway dont count........if they did,I would have double :eek: cuz thats where I post the most.....

Rancher Dave- Three cruises and all those posts? I am worried; who is really watching the ranch?

I don't know when you have time!

By the way; do you ever cruise out of Galveston?

DH said that he would like to cruise from Galveston on our next cruise. We are trying to plan another family cruise for next year. We all could drive to Galveston in 9 hours (I think) and with 14 people, that would save big $$$$. I have heard that the folks on the Galveston cruises are more fun too:D

We have so much fun with some folks that sailed from Galveston a couple of years ago in Cost Maya, I think they were on the Grandour? Anyway, we were having so much fun until we heard the ship's horn blow and we thought we were missing our ship:eek: We ran and ran and ran to get to our ship to find that the Grandour was just testing their horn:D Anyway, DH said that we should plan the next cruise out of Galveston.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Annie:)

Rancher Dave- Three cruises and all those posts? I am worried; who is really watching the ranch?

I don't know when you have time!

By the way; do you ever cruise out of Galveston?

DH said that he would like to cruise from Galveston on our next cruise. We are trying to plan another family cruise for next year. We all could drive to Galveston in 9 hours (I think) and with 14 people, that would save big $$$$. I have heard that the folks on the Galveston cruises are more fun too:D

We have so much fun with some folks that sailed from Galveston a couple of years ago in Cost Maya, I think they were on the Grandour? Anyway, we were having so much fun until we heard the ship's horn blow and we thought we were missing our ship:eek: We ran and ran and ran to get to our ship to find that the Grandour was just testing their horn:D Anyway, DH said that we should plan the next cruise out of Galveston.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Annie:)

The cattle pretty watch after each other. As a horny bunch they can defend each other as needed. The bull can run like lightning and has enough bulk to actually kill someone or another animal if needbe.

I was up there on Saturday and after I let them into the other pasture they could have cared less about me for a few hours then they came over to where I was working, of course on the other side of a gate as I was moving 20tons of hay around. They eagerly awaited some attention, and as I left all followed me to the street...I got a bunch of neat new pics of the whole herd. As of yesterday before sundown it was 29, with 9 more due by middle of the year. (In a few weeks though I plan to probably take a few of them out for dinner so to speak. It is part of the business, part my DD and DW want nothing to do with.)

I have not cruised out of Galveston, but have been on commercial vessels out of Pelican Island x-channel from VOS and CCL terminals, and have been from top of Port of Houston (grain elevator at far North end) all the way to Jamaica and back then to Baton Rouge. We will cruise VOS for NYE for sure, maybe in April if things go well.

Yes with 16 folks a 9 hour drive is likely a huge $$$ savings over 16 air tickets to South Florida.

The cattle pretty watch after each other. As a horny bunch they can defend each other as needed. The bull can run like lightning and has enough bulk to actually kill someone or another animal if needbe.

I was up there on Saturday and after I let them into the other pasture they could have cared less about me for a few hours then they came over to where I was working, of course on the other side of a gate as I was moving 20tons of hay around. They eagerly awaited some attention, and as I left all followed me to the street...I got a bunch of neat new pics of the whole herd. As of yesterday before sundown it was 29, with 9 more due by middle of the year. (In a few weeks though I plan to probably take a few of them out for dinner so to speak. It is part of the business, part my DD and DW want nothing to do with.)

I have not cruised out of Galveston, but have been on commercial vessels out of Pelican Island x-channel from VOS and CCL terminals, and have been from top of Port of Houston (grain elevator at far North end) all the way to Jamaica and back then to Baton Rouge. We will cruise VOS for NYE for sure, maybe in April if things go well.

Yes with 16 folks a 9 hour drive is likely a huge $$$ savings over 16 air tickets to South Florida.

My Dad and Mom has a beef farm in NewYork state and the first calves born my Mom named. Not a good idea. Had a rough time letting them go.

14 posts a day?? hey~~ piece of cake..:p

You'll be in good company.......

Yeah, with the rest of us with no life.;)

And just think...the posts in Floataway dont count........if they did,I would have double :eek: cuz thats where I post the most.....

Don't forget all the posts and threads that have mysteriously disappeared over the years.;)

My Dad and Mom has a beef farm in NewYork state and the first calves born my Mom named. Not a good idea. Had a rough time letting them go.

Actually to register the Longhorns with either registry they must be (1) of registered herritage or blood tested to prove breed; (2) branded with ranch brand; (3) branded with private herd brand; and (4) named...

Some of the ones I am considering taking for dinner are named and others are not. My DD's Steer Mickey is our big pet, weights many times what all our cats and the dog weigh together. Eventually, he will probably be a horn mount for the house, but that is about 20 years off...Seasons and Rumor both could become mounts in the future, the rest are all there to make me money. Redneck the bull, in another year should be showing his good offspring making skills over the course of a couple years of offspring, hopefully yielding (due to his parentage...his dad to date was the highest selling Bull) a nice price for his semen or stud services. I may even consider selling a half interest in him, with Feb or March for six months at my ranch and the other six months at the other ranch.

Longhorn meat has tested out as leaner than chicken so ultimately I may sell some of the steers to a Longhorn meat operation since they would likely pay the best price for the meat as opposed to the local auction barn.

Of course our soon to arrive horns will be so unique I am still not sure what to do long term...at 600lbs, inflated to 140' spread...they will definitely draw a crowd...they come from VOS.

Boy do I feel ___, I thought the 10,000 club had something to do with the number of cruises the person has taken.

That would take about 30 years of 1 night cruise to nowhere voyages...for one heck of a b2b2b2b2b2b2b2bb2b2.......cruise. :D

Yes I can imagine all the double takes your fellow ranchers will be doing when they see the 140 foot longhorns when you have them up.

My Dad raises Limousines. My Mom still names them though:rolleyes: :D

I went to your ranch website and have seen the pic of Micky and your Daughter. Did she pick him out?

Yeah, with the rest of us with no life.;)

Don't forget all the posts and threads that have mysteriously disappeared over the years.;)

Yeah, if I didn't lose my posts from the conversion a few years ago, I would be well on my way to three-quarters to the 10,000 club! :D

Oh well....I plug a way each day....2.49 posts a day....I better get busy!

• 6 years later...