If You Don't Like Being Violated Don't Book A Cruise To Jamaica

Joedog

Just got back from our 3rd time to MoBay - DH seems to remember having security pat down his legs 1st time (2 1/2 years ago) Walked through scanner & nobody touched us the last 2 times - including DD's boyfriend (21). As long as you are on some sort of organized tour, I do not see any problems. Like others have said, you need to be aware of your surroundings everywhere, not just in Jamaica.

We will be back in Oct, will either go to Sunset Beach again or do a tour that shows us more of the island.

I've read all of these posts and I'm still confused as to what we should book. I'd love some of you experienced cruisers to give me some advice. DH(53), DD(16), DD's friend (16) and me (46) will be on the Conquest in March and this will be our first stop. We get to Mont. Bay at 9 and leave at 6.

Is it best to book our tour prior to our trip? Is it better/better value/safe to book a local tour company instead of what is offered by the ship? Which excursion would be the "best bang for our buck?" We want to do something fun and something that would show us the beauty of Jamaica. Will we have enough time to get back to our ship?

Help, please! Thank you!!

In my opinion, you should book your excursions through your cruise line. That way, the monkey is on someone else's back to get you back to the ship on time. As long as you're on a cruise line sponsored excursion, they will hold the boat for you in case your excursion runs late.

If you are in Ochio Rios, it's 15.00 if you are a "walk in" at Dunn's River Falls and a cab ride is probably close to the same price. To me that's a whole lot cheaper then booking through a cruise line. You could do the same thing with the other major tourist excursions like Bobsled, zipline, and just pay the cost of a cab ride. I find no reason to think it would be unsafe if you go with one of the "red plate" taxis at the port.

If you want to go more away from Ocho Rios, then hired a tour company.

In my opinion, you should book your excursions through your cruise line. That way, the monkey is on someone else's back to get you back to the ship on time. As long as you're on a cruise line sponsored excursion, they will hold the boat for you in case your excursion runs late.

• 2 years later...

SOoo did you get off the ship?:confused:

after reading this the other day i contacted my pvp at carnival and asked him how safe we would be in jamacia.....i told him about this post and he said he would look into it...we still havent decided if we are getting off the ship or not

Archived