What's your favorite dessert?

topspot

I was not impressed with HAL desserts except for the creme brulee. We were one of the last tables to receive dessert on the last formal night and they ran out of creme brulee so they substuituted the creme brulee from the Pinnacle Grill. It was wonderful.

Since the original question wasn't limited to dinner - let's not forget the bread pudding! :D (For those who don't know, it's served at lunchtime in the Lido buffet - just ask for it at the ice cream station.)

I'm a chocoholic like Ruth C. My favorite dinnertime dessert on Westerdam last November was billed as "warm chocolate pudding" - it was very dark chocolate for pudding, though - had vanilla and chocolate sauces on it - texture like halfway between a pudding and a mousse, IIRC - anyway it was HEAVENLY!!

Didn't make it to the PG, but would love to try that volcano cake. Creme brulee sounds good too. And the rice pudding - I'll look for that on Veendam in August - I love rice pudding!

It was a giant ball of coffee ice cream covered in a hard dark chocolate with coffee crunchies inside. Not sure I have the name right but it was "the bomb". Desserts all around were outstanding on the Noordam this year.:D

It was a giant ball of coffee ice cream covered in a hard dark chocolate with coffee crunchies inside. Not sure I have the name right but it was "the bomb". Desserts all around were outstanding on the Noordam this year.:D

I agree....that one is good too!:D

Being a chocoholic, I like that one also! HAL used to have a dessert on Dutch night called a "Bosche bol", the traditional dutch chocolate treat from the town of 's-Hertogenbosch. I don't believe they serve 'em anymore

533682040_d7d31943f0.jpg?v=0

I missed that. Never saw it on the menu. Actually, I tended to just have fruit for dessert in the dining room, saving my treat for the Pinnacle.

Definitely the Pinnacle Grill desserts are the most memorable...

It's a tie between the chocoate volcano cake and the three-flavour creme brulee :D

Bonnie

Ditto!!! :D

And, the sugar-free desserts in the dining room are great, too, oddly enough! The sugar-free chocolate mousse is to die for!

Being a chocoholic, I like that one also! HAL used to have a dessert on Dutch night called a "Bosche bol", the traditional dutch chocolate treat from the town of 's-Hertogenbosch. I don't believe they serve 'em anymore

533682040_d7d31943f0.jpg?v=0

That picture makes dreams of the Chocolate dessert extravaganza dance in my head.

I agree with most of the posters -- I've much enjoyed the chocolate volcano cake and the Gran Marinier souffle, (and I certainly want to try that 's-Hertogenbosch bombe!), but there are a couple of others I would take whenever offered.

First is a small cup thing made of chocolate and filled with chocolate mousse. It's a small but exquisitely smooth and rich dessert.

The second I have not seen for several sailings now, but was decadent -- Snickers pie. Basically, it was a graham cracker crust with mousse, chocolate, caramel, peanuts -- your basic candy bar on a plate :D , but better than a candy bar. A thin slice was plenty!

Dave

We agree with Cruisun - and I believe it is called Capuccino Bombe' (or something like that). Sadly, we have not seen it offered on our last two cruises (Veendam and Prinsendam).

All of the creme brulees - with the different flavor variations.

I can't stop thinking about what we might have on our Amsterdam cruise next month...yum!!! I hope they bring back that mocha ball thing--my favorite desserts tend to be coffee/mocha-flavored anything, although I really love creme brulee too. :D

Archived