Makeup for Cruise... Best Tinted Moisturizer???

MIMomof2

Hi everyone, I am new to the boards, but have read many of the posts in preparation for our upcoming cruise (19 days)! This is my first cruise and I am wanting to try tinted moisturizer for a more natural look as an alternative to my liquid foundation. I typically use Merle Norman Luxiva foundation in creamy beige, along with Maybelline's concealor stick as needed to cover any problem areas. If I continue to use my concealor with a tinted moisturizer, will this be a natural look? Not too oily? If I don't use concealor, how much coverage will I get? I have some uneveness I want to cover. What is the best tinted moisturizer for me? I've read good things about Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer - anyone using this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

19 days for your first cruise? How lucky are you?:) I'm sure you'll have a great time!

As for your question, I'm sorry I have no real answer. I don't tend to use the tinted face moisterizers. I would actually recommend maybe the Jergens lotion (the tan, tinted stuff) for your body and the one for your face to give you an overall color. I would think if you just used the tinted moisterizer on your face, it wouldn't match the rest of your skin, and possibly look a little 'off'. Until you get a little color, then I would use the tinted face moisterizer.

There might be some good recommendations if you scour the boards a bit, I know I've seen it discussed before.

Have fun!:)

The Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is my favorite, hands down. I use the regular formulation. It looks very natural and does "hide" a few flaws, but not major skin issues -- you would have to try it and see what works for you. She has also come out with an oil-free formulation, which I haven't tried (I have dry skin).

I once tried the Cover Girl tinted moisturizer, which I had heard good things about, but it makes my face break out. It does seem a little thicker than the Laura Mercier product.

Hope this helps!

I use a Smashbox one. It is called Backdrop cooling tint. It is spf 15 and has some secret ingredient (menthol?) in it that gives your face a weird cool tingly feeling for a while, like you were just misted with water. I like it a lot, but if it get in your eyes, it burns like an SOB.

I'm a big fan of Cover Girl Tinted Moisturizer and use it year 'round, but it's getting harder to find in the shade I like. Since I like it so much I thought I would try Laura Mercier which I'd read on this board was even better. It does give a really flawless finish but it is more like traditional liquid foundation than tinted moisturizer. I, too, prefer a more natural look so that's why I stick with the Cover Girl. It's not greasy and has SPF 15. It comes in three shades and the two lighter ones are really, really pale. The medium to dark shade is the only useful one unless you have alabaster skin, and that's the one that's so hard to find. :cool:

I also like the Cover girl one! On my cruises I usually start using the 'glow' stuff a few days before hand - once I get a bit of color on the cruise I switch from my regular foundation to the cover girl tinted moisturizer - does a great job of enhancing any tan you might have!

I too like the Covergirl one - it doesn't have that Covergirl "scent" I associate with most Covergirl products (not a bad smell, just one I don't like, as I am very picky about the smells of my products).

The problem is I cannot find the Covergirl tinted moisturizer ANYWHERE anymore, and I'm afraid they've stopped making it! I used to find it at Target, but now that I live in the city and don't have a car, it isn't as easy to get to anymore...

P.S. I use the lightest shade they make!!! :)

I too like the Covergirl one - it doesn't have that Covergirl "scent" I associate with most Covergirl products (not a bad smell, just one I don't like, as I am very picky about the smells of my products).

The problem is I cannot find the Covergirl tinted moisturizer ANYWHERE anymore, and I'm afraid they've stopped making it! I used to find it at Target, but now that I live in the city and don't have a car, it isn't as easy to get to anymore...

I think they have actually 'renamed' it - something like radiance ?? (have to check at home) Still comes in the 3 'shades' so you should be able to find it! Good luck!

p.s. - I think this is it - repackaged: http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=advradiancemoisturizing_makeup

I think they have actually 'renamed' it - something like radiance ?? (have to check at home) Still comes in the 3 'shades' so you should be able to find it! Good luck!

p.s. - I think this is it - repackaged: http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=advradiancemoisturizing_makeup

Oooh thanks, I'll have to keep my eye out for that! Maybe I missed it. Thanks!

I live in the US Virgin Islands, so I use Clinique City Block Sheer. It is SPF 25, oil free and tinted. It is very light and gives my face an all over smooth even appearance. I love it. Since it has the sun block in it there is no need to worry about getting a burned face while you are out visiting ports. Don't forget the sun is up there with smoking as the number one cause of pre-mature aging and wrinkles.

Regards from sunny St. Croix,

Ellen

I'm a Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer addict! :D I use a Neutragena (sp?) concealer for little things that need to be covered up (ie the occasion zit :mad: ), but the LM Tinted Moisturizer evens things out for me just fine. I also follow it up with Estee Lauder Lucidity Pressed Powder to finish it off. Great combination - at least for me. :)

I use the Proactiv Sheer Tint moisturizer....It comes in 3 diff. shades. I go tanning all the time, but my face never gets as tan as the rest of my body, so I wear that to make my face the same color! It works really good, I wear it everyday, most of the time by itself b/c it's so easy to put on and gives great color! I buy mine from QVC.com since i use the darkest shade and it is kind of hard to find anywhere else. I know the Proactiv kiosks that are in the malls sell them, but I've only seen the light and medium shades there, not the dark one. Hope this helps!

I've used You Rebel by Benefit, a combo foundation/moisturizer. I bought it at sephora.com.

I've been using the same thing for years. I tried Chanel's but it was too heavy and too much like foundation. Benefit You Rebel has an SPF of 15.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Estee Lauder Daywear Plus - one color for everyonel. Only totally fair people may have trouble with it. They have a new formula out there yoiu can actually PICK a color if you want. It has an SPF of 15 I think, and it's good. I have sometimes use it with my Mineral Makeup on over it.

Alternatively, I have used Cover Girl tinted moisturizer. It's fun. I like to use whoever the Skin Cancer Foundation recommends, I mean, why not?

Archived