All Things Freedom of the Seas!

We just got off the Freedom of the Seas. The teens are divided into 12-14 years old and 15-17 years old. They do keep them separated for the dances at night and most activities. My son said that they make one exception for kids that will turn 15 in 3 months. I bet they would also make the exception for your 11 year old since he is relatively close to the cutoff. My son said that the parent has to sign something to apply the exception. You will have to take a look at the activities for the 11 year old in the younger club. He may enjoy them more. I have the cruise compasses for the 12-14 group. I have to find out how to post them.

Thanks so much for the info. I would love to see the list if you find it. I will definitely check on both age group activities to be sure which he would enjoy most. I am soooo excited. This will be our first cruise !!!

My wife and I have cruised Celebrity several times with a verandah cabin and HAL with a suite and a standard outside (no balcony). Would like to try RCCL and FOS seems to be the best ship for us. Looking at an inside cabin though because the rate is so great. The sq ft on the inside seems small at 150 sq ft when compared to other lines' inside cabins. Anyone stayed in one? Thoughts? We're two mid 40s who travel pretty light.

My wife and I have cruised Celebrity several times with a verandah cabin and HAL with a suite and a standard outside (no balcony). Would like to try RCCL and FOS seems to be the best ship for us. Looking at an inside cabin though because the rate is so great. The sq ft on the inside seems small at 150 sq ft when compared to other lines' inside cabins. Anyone stayed in one? Thoughts? We're two mid 40s who travel pretty light.

Honestly, we stay in everything from insides to Royal Family Suites and the inside of Freedom was totally do-able for 7 nights. The promenade view inside feels tighter because of the layout of the room, but the regular insides have a love seat, desk/makeup area, and the same size bathrooms as most other cabins. If it is inside or nothing, go for it. I could easily do it again.

My tip is put the TV on mute and turn it to the channel that shows a live feed of the front of the ship. It will be dark at night, but light when the sun comes up. It gives you some "natural" light when you wake up :p.

• 6 months later...

This may seem a stupid question but we are sailing on Freedom this May. Have been contemplating the lowest drink package as my wife and I are beer drinkers with occasional glass of wine at dinner. We went on Exporer two years ago and although it seemed like we were constantly drinking our bar bill for two was south of $400. So at first blush $560 for two the drink package does not make sense....

But I realized we often bought the Foster's "oil-can" at the pool deck which is really two drinks for $7 - I found one pool bar menu on line and it does not list Foster's. Can anyone who recently sailed tell me definitevely if these are available at the pool or not??

This may seem a stupid question but we are sailing on Freedom this May. Have been contemplating the lowest drink package as my wife and I are beer drinkers with occasional glass of wine at dinner. We went on Exporer two years ago and although it seemed like we were constantly drinking our bar bill for two was south of $400. So at first blush $560 for two the drink package does not make sense....

But I realized we often bought the Foster's "oil-can" at the pool deck which is really two drinks for $7 - I found one pool bar menu on line and it does not list Foster's. Can anyone who recently sailed tell me definitevely if these are available at the pool or not??

Mike Hunnerump (current CD on FOS) is an Aussie, and he jokes that Austrailia exports Fosters to the states so they don't have to drink it there... :D

Mike Hunnerump (current CD on FOS) is an Aussie, and he jokes that Austrailia exports Fosters to the states so they don't have to drink it there... :D

They also like to say that American beer is like making love in a canoe, it's f...ink close to water!

Western Itinerary for Freedom of the Seas Teen Cruise Compass 12-14 years old

See attachments. I am crossing my fingers that this works!

Thanks for posting those, unfortunately the resolution at 200x200 is way too low to be legible. Could you repost if you get to it? I've a 12 yo on our upcoming so I'm interested. But if it's work don't worry about it, it's not a big deal at all.

Nice...

Not the greaest but by far the best "value"; I just wonder if anyone can tell me for sure if they serve around the pools

Thanks for posting those, unfortunately the resolution at 200x200 is way too low to be legible. Could you repost if you get to it? I've a 12 yo on our upcoming so I'm interested. But if it's work don't worry about it, it's not a big deal at all.

On the trip review I am working on, I posted a copy of the Teen Compass from Freedom last week (post #25):

Teen Compass

That one Compass for Teens was all that was provided and it listed the activities without times or places, but for most cases, the left side was daytime activities and the right side was evening activities.

To get the specific times, the best place to look was the touch screens by the elevators. You could filter the daily compass by the age groups, in your case I believe it is 11-14...

From this link:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

it does not appear that Fosters is at the pool bar, but this is not directly from the Freedom so I don't know for sure.

Thank you Ella -I had seen this page on the web which actually started my whole quandry...I remember on Exporer the waiters brought around Fosters but I believe it was also at the pool bar itself. Just wish I could know for sure on Freedom

On the trip review I am working on, I posted a copy of the Teen Compass from Freedom last week (post #25):

Teen Compass

That one Compass for Teens was all that was provided and it listed the activities without times or places, but for most cases, the left side was daytime activities and the right side was evening activities.

To get the specific times, the best place to look was the touch screens by the elevators. You could filter the daily compass by the age groups, in your case I believe it is 11-14...

Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was for the older or younger age group, or the same for both. As you said my son is 12 so younger group.

Did they have private rock wall / flowrider sessions for the AO teens?

For anyone who has recently sailed on FOS, I am trying to find out if Norman from Jamaica is still a bartender onboard. He was the most fantastic bartender on our last FOS cruise (at the Schooner Bar) and would be the difference between booking the all inclusive drink package or not :)

Thank in advance for any info!

So why is Vegemite so damn expensive here in the US then????

For some reason I actually like Vegemite and have a jar at home!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was for the older or younger age group, or the same for both. As you said my son is 12 so younger group.

Did they have private rock wall / flowrider sessions for the AO teens?

Most things are for both groups, but they do them at different times. I know they do have exclusive teen only rock wall & flowrider, but I can't remember the day specifically.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if on the junior suites their is a curtain to separate the sofa bed area from the beds? Looking at booking one for the first time and the big decision is if we can close off the kids sleeping on the sofa. They are twin toddlers so I don't want them to be able to see me. Also will the tv be viewable from the bed if there is a curtain closed? We like to watch tv in bed.

Any recommendations on which cabin to choose for a family of four? Port vs starboard for an eastern itinerary etc...

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had a foreword D3 cabin on deck six? We booked one for August before I knew about this community, and want to make sure we won't have too much sound from the night club coming in. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums