Newlywed Game Questions

I think the one thing to observe from this post is that in ten years, the questions for the love and marriage show have not changed. The answers are still funny to me but it's boring to sit there while they write down answers to the questions. I've experienced 2 cruise directors that did an "interview" format for the show and it was SO much better.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MY LAST CRUISE:

if the husband was stranded on a deserted island, would he want a hooker or a missionary? The couple married 70 yrs said She said a hooker, he said A HOOKER IN THE MISSIONARY POSITION!!!!!!!!!!!! I about died laughing!!! The whole place went wild!!!

MY LAST CRUISE:

if the husband was stranded on a deserted island, would he want a hooker or a missionary? The couple married 70 yrs said She said a hooker, he said A HOOKER IN THE MISSIONARY POSITION!!!!!!!!!!!! I about died laughing!!! The whole place went wild!!!

Unfortunately that's been the answer for the past few years on a couple dozen cruises. It gets a good laugh, for sure.

I have seen the newlywed - not so newlywed game on Carnival cruises a few times, but this time I am considering playing (or trying to get selected to play ;) ) on my next cruise. My concern is that some of the questions may be more than I want to answer in public -- I am sure my kids will be watching. :eek:

I was just wondering if anybody remembers what questions were asked on the newlywed - not so newlywed game. I am particularly interested in the more risque questions, but it might be fun to hear some of the others.

Can any recent cruisers (or those with good memory) help me out? :)

My wife and I got selected to play two years ago or so. It was a lot of fun, but I definitely wouldn’t have played the game in front of my kids, who are both in their mid 20s.

I assume your kids are older, since on most ships it is limited to 18 and older. However, when we were on Vista last year they didn’t have an age limit for the Love and Marriage show. The show was one of the raunchiest ones I have seen. Although Matt was hilarious, he crossed the line way too many times based on the audience. He was aware of all the kids in the audience because he mentioned that early in the show when he was picking couples to play.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I got selected to play two years ago or so. It was a lot of fun, but I definitely wouldn’t have played the game in front of my kids, who are both in their mid 20s.

I assume your kids are older, since on most ships it is limited to 18 and older. However, when we were on Vista last year they didn’t have an age limit for the Love and Marriage show. The show was one of the raunchiest ones I have seen. Although Matt was hilarious, he crossed the line way too many times based on the audience. He was aware of all the kids in the audience because he mentioned that early in the show when he was picking couples to play.

My cruise director warned several times that this game was a 18+ game, though they can’t legally ban kids from the audience. I’m sure most cruise director do what they can with the limited power they have at their disposal. My cruise director, for example, change the word “sex” to “whoop-whoop!” For example.

If you think *this* is the raunchiest thing you’ve ever seen, I encourage you to try the adult scavenger hunt!

I have seen the newlywed - not so newlywed game on Carnival cruises a few times, but this time I am considering playing (or trying to get selected to play ;) ) on my next cruise. My concern is that some of the questions may be more than I want to answer in public -- I am sure my kids will be watching. :eek:

I was just wondering if anybody remembers what questions were asked on the newlywed - not so newlywed game. I am particularly interested in the more risque questions, but it might be fun to hear some of the others.

Can any recent cruisers (or those with good memory) help me out? :)

This is 10 years old.

That's the answer I've heard on every cruise I've been on where the newleywed game was played.

After you see it repeated it stops being funny. Knowing that some of the answers are staged kills it. It makes you start to wonder how much of the cruise is fake. It takes away from it knowing that the people who get on the ship after me will hear the same exact answers, then the people after them, and the ones after them...week after week. Every time the cruise director will pretend to laugh like he's never heard it before and every time the audience will explode with laughter. Week after week. Year after year.

You know how when you found out about the easter bunny being fake you felt stupid for every believeing it? It's sort of like that.

Funny that you said that. Our first cruise was on the Destiny in 1999. Two years later we cruised on the Victory. Same CD, same lame jokes, same answers on the Newlywed, not so Newlywed game. We knew right then that it was staged. I guess those shows are more for first time cruisers.