Ionithermie Cellulite Reduction

karatemom2

We did it, because my husband was intrigued by it. It was amusing, but not really worth the money.

And I was particularly annoyed by the fact that afterwards, during the sales pitch (because the Ionithermie is of course just the first step in a long, long treatment plan), the therapist told us that diet and exercise really won't help much. Granted, I'm not a health expert, but that just doesn't seem right...

I had it done last year and was told I lost 6" . 1" from the top of my abs, 1" from just below, 1" from below that... etc.. so my 6" was at best 1", and after clicking on the reveiw link above, I wasn't that careful about seeing how they measured me, so, could have really been 0" for all practical purposes.

And yes- they give you a huge sales pitch about how it is only the beginning and you need to buy their creams, etc. I only escpaed by saying I couldn't make the decision without my husband and would come right back with him - which I never did.

In the past year, I have joined a gym and workout 60 min everyday, and substituted cheeseburgers for salads at lunch... Now, that is inches.

Nothing has been invented yet to get rid of cellulite :( Any treatments that may reduce visibility is only temporary. Anybody who says differently is selling a dream. Sorry those are the facts.

Agree with all the above...

Done, not worth the money, plus I was extra sensitive to some of the currents, so it was a bit painful while the tech tried to adjust the equipment.

I had a single Ionithermie treatment several years ago and was really quite annoyed with the therapist who wanted to sell me several hundred $$$ worth of follow-up products. Due to her abrupt manner, I didn't schedule additional treatments on that cruise nor did I purchase products.

On the Emerald this past February, I booked the series of three Ionithermie treatments and purchased 6-weeks worth of ampoules to use at home. The therapist, Mitsy, was by far the best I've had in any spa: She spent plenty of time with me explaining the procedure and was genuinely concerned for my well-being.

My husband noticed immediate results, my belly-bulge disappeared, my legs looked slimmer, and I lost 4# on the 10-night cruise, but I agree with others who've said that the results are temporary.

Chris

I'll agree with cruzinchris. I had a series of three treatments last September, then a "booster" in January. I used the products at home all throughout. (There is another place you can buy them online which is MUCH cheaper than buying from Steiner. ;) ) So long as I was using the products the difference was noticeable. About a month after I stopped using them, my cellulite was much more noticeable, but still not as bad as it was. (I've not used the products for ~4 months.) I plan to go back to using the products about 2 months before our summer cruise. I'm not convinced that it's the treatments themselves that produce the results; I think the treatments simply provide a temporary muscle contraction that has the appearance of inch loss. However, I have no doubt the products reduce the appearance of cellulite.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Mary Ann. It's vacation and this is not a relaxing fun massage. You don't leave there feeling refreshed and I don't think that it is worth the money. In fact you really don't get massaged at all. Spend that 45 minutes in the gym instead and then get yourself a nice massage!

I feel like such a sucker. Not only was I sold the treatments during the "seminars", I had the ionitherme treatment and was treated pretty badly. The therapist told me that I was wasting my time and her time if I didn't buy the products. She claimed that I lost 6 inches and I think it was maybe 1 inch. I still bought the stuff!!! I have been using it for about 5 days and do see a bit of a difference.

I also bought the pill treatment,which I probably believe is more effective. It is all herbal and algae. A different person sold me on the internal treatments.

My friend did this a few weeks ago on our cruise. While she "lost inches," shortly afterwards she broke out in a rash over the entire area where they did the treatment (it was only in the specific area where the treatment was done so there was no debating that it was a reaction to what they put on her). She was still dealing with the rash when we got off the ship.

I bought a series of three treatments on a recent cruise. I was quite taken with the lecture as it made good scientific sense, so I gave it a try. It was uncomfortable at first but I came to appreciate the stimuation to my abdominal muscles and with increased voltage, it actually felt better.

It turned out to be just the jump-start my abdominal muscles needed to get the idea that they are supposed to be "contracting". I felt an immediate improvement in my breathing (the highest work was being done near my diaphragm) that has persisted (this was two months ago). I have continued to work my abdominal muscles with exercise and I have completely changed my diet, based on the lectures.

I didn't buy the products because they are too expensive but I would have, if I had the money. I also did some research on the therapy when I came home and wish I had the money to buy the treatments. In the meantime, I have been transformed and completely cut those things in my diet that are toxic. I even threw away all my Splenda... So, for me, it was well worth the money as it changed my life.

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...

It worked for me on a RCL cruise about 14 years ago. I lost 8 inches, my clothes fit better, and I departed the ship almost 10 pounds less. It jump started something in me. I won the reduced price on the treatment so have never tried it again having to pay full price. If I have additional money I get a massage, I enjoy it so much more.

We did it, because my husband was intrigued by it. It was amusing, but not really worth the money.

And I was particularly annoyed by the fact that afterwards, during the sales pitch (because the Ionithermie is of course just the first step in a long, long treatment plan), the therapist told us that diet and exercise really won't help much. Granted, I'm not a health expert, but that just doesn't seem right...

I have never had a massage done on board a ship. However, if I did, I would tell them at the start that I was there for the massage and if they tried to sell me anything, it would come off their tip. The first time they ignored these instructions, I would remind them that their tip had just decreased significantly.

I would assume that this should stop their selling efforts. If it did not, I would just have saved the money that was supposed to be their tip.

DON

Unfortunately, my experience is that all spa or salon treatments I have tried onboard result in some kind of a sales pitch for products, creams, etc. Some more than others. I used to love the facials, but you are a captive audience there for the pitch, and I love the calm relaxation of a treatment, not being told what I am doing wrong. Ditto for salon, love the haircuts but I am not interested in buying products. So my solution now is to stay away from the spa.

Yes, I know a polite "no" does the trick, but I would prefer it not be done in the first place.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Yes, I know a polite "no" does the trick, but I would prefer it not be done in the first place.

I am suggesting an impolite and direct "no sales" before they even start to cut them off at the pass.

If they can not understand that or they start pitching once they have you naked on the table, just get up and leave and contest any charges.

If everyone did that, they would make no money and the pitching would stop.

DON