Fuel Surcharge Refund ??

Jimjam

I have been reading on the Princess site that Princess is REFUNDING the fuel charge for past passengers..Is Holland America going to do the same?? just wondering !!
YES, for everyone who booked before it was announced (Nov 7th IIRC). How you get it back (OBC, credit to your credit card, etc) depends on when your sailing is/was. There was a thread on this a couple of weeks ago, but I don't have the time right now to find it for you. (Sorry :( )

Redroses27 ---Not really-- Were you invoiced for a fuel surcharge and did you pay for it already??? If not, but it is on your invoice, it should be credited before final payment. I think !!!!

This is misleading. The refunds/rebates are applicable to only those bookings made before the November , 2007 announcement date.

Hammybee - I stand corrected but I did say "I think!!

Thanks Frankathy. cruised on March 8th and made our reservations in September 2007 so I assume I will be getting ours soon..Did they credit your credit card??

Redroses27 ---Not really-- Were you invoiced for a fuel surcharge and did you pay for it already??? If not, but it is on your invoice, it should be credited before final payment. I think !!!!

i called and they said only bookings before november 7,2007, i would love to have gotten the 70 back but they said no, hubby and i have 50 obc so another 70 would have been sweet

Here's part of an e-mail I just received from Holland America:

"As you know, Carnival Corporation & plc, under an agreement with the Florida Attorney General's Office, recently announced a voluntary refund of the company's fuel supplement. Because you initially booked your cruise prior to November 7, 2007, and you are sailing with Holland America Line between the dates of April 5, 2008, and June 23, 2008, your fuel supplement charge has been automatically removed from your account. (For any questions specific to your cruise billing or eligibility for adjustment, please contact your travel agent directly.)"

First of all, we do NOT sail between the dates they show! We board in July. There's no credit showing on my charge card yet, so I'll just have to contact my TA to see what's up.

We returned this morning from our stay in Hong Kong following our wonderful cruise on the Statendam. I was just now browsing the CC boards to see what I've been missing, when I saw a passing comment about fuel surcharges, and thought "I'd forgotten all about that!". No sooner thought than an e-mail ding, and - what do you know - a note from HAL stating that since we'd booked prior to last November, we would very soon see a refund for the fuel surcharge that was tacked on before our final payment.

Good news after a darn near perfect trip!

I too just got this email. Fo course we also have already received our credit. But it is nice that HAL is sending out this information.

header.jpg

Dear Guest,

As you know, Carnival Corporation & plc, under an agreement with the Florida Attorney General's Office, recently announced a voluntary refund of the company's fuel supplement. Because you booked your cruise prior to November 7, 2007, you have received (or soon will receive) your refund. (If you have any questions regarding your cruise billing and/or refund, please contact your travel agent directly.)

Additionally, since you recently sailed with us, Holland America Line wishes to offer you some great, money-saving values if you're thinking of cruising again soon.

A world of exciting itineraries

Whether you've been thinking about tropical beaches, the wonders of Europe—or just somewhere different—this is a great time to save on an upcoming cruise vacation. For complete details regarding your special values, I invite you to click here.

Where to cruise next

Holland America Line was designed for cruisers with an affinity for the very best. Click here to browse our complete selection of fascinating itineraries. Then, contact your Travel Professional. Or call 1-877-SAIL HAL (1-877-724-5425).

Thank you for sailing with Holland America Line. We look forward to welcoming you aboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Brendan Vierra

Vice President, Guest Programs

Holland America Line

footer.gif

Archived