San Diego to airport

Stock Cop

I live in San Diego and it is a very short taxi ride to the airport when you get off the ship....approximately 3 miles. We have a good taxi system and there should be many available. The road that is in front of the cruise terminal is the road that takes you directly to the airport (heading North).

If you're a group with different disembarkation times, there's a Holiday Inn directly across the street from the cruise terminal. Off the lobby is an English pub/sports bar that is pretty empty in the morning when ships arrive. It's a good regrouping point if you all want to go to the aiport as a group. They don't mind if you only buy a cup of coffee and they have plenty of room to "park" you luggage while you wait.

Another meeting spot is the Amtrak station, a block from the cruise terminal. Beautiful 30s era Spanish/California architecture with benches indoors and outdoors.

I think my taxi TO the pier cost $8 and some change (plus the tip I added). Going back TO the airport, we took a shuttle rather than queue up for a taxi along with the 2500 others off the two ships that had docked. The cost per person was $5

San Diego and Ft. Lauderdale are two cities where the ports are in very close proximity to the airports. I'd take a cab there from airport to port anytime above the HAL bus

That pub at the H.I. Kenish is referring to is called the Elephant & Castle Pub/Restaurant

Archived