Bra/support question

leela14

My God, what WOULD I do without this board - you have no idea how much it's been helping me - it's like fashion/shopping/cruising/packing therapy. :D

Anyway, one of the dresses I'm planning on wearing is your usual little black dress - very low cut, spaghetti straps kind of deal. I cannot wear a strapless bra as you will be able to see it - the top of the dress is kind of the same shape as a triangle bikini top.

I could go braless, but I'm a C cup and that just feels wrong (but I'll do it if I don't have any other options, I think I did it the last time I wore this dress).

Is there anything I can wear to give myself a little support in that kind of a top? I can post a picture of it when I get home from work - but that will be later tonight.

If you have any ideas, bring em on. THANKS - AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

Hi again! :)

This place: http://www.barenecessities.com/catalog.asp?drv=&nxs=31&size=&vendor=&price=&style=11

has many, many strapless options, including stick-on support bras.

I remember hearing about one called the "gather the girls" bra from a co-worker: http://www.barenecessities.com/Pure-Style-Girlfriends_product_PURESTYLEGIRLFRIENDS75783_,size,.htm It comes in up to a D cup.

I had the same problem with a dress & couldn't find a bra so I went & bought another dress that would work better. But still had to have a strapless so I've been out shopping & saw one of these that would have worked perfectly for my first dress. Ended up having to go to Lane Bryant for my strapless.

7018-2T.jpg

http://www.feelfoxy.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=7018

You can have cups sewn into the dress itself. This is the solution that usually works best for me with this style.

Of course you can have your alterations person do this, but it's really very inexpensive and easy to do yourself if you have even minimal skills with a needle and thread (i.e it is about as easy as repairing a hem or sewing on a button)

I have found a great assortment of bra cups (padded, unpadded, all sizes) at sewing notions stores (Hancock's, JoAnns, etc).

Go braless...any option where the bra or straps is showing is just going to be tacky.

The OP said it just felt wrong to them to go braless.

They're asking if anyone has suggestions for some support, and there have been some that may be an option, not whether or not they should go braless.

if you need support. I am on a never ending search to find a strapless bra that truly supports and is comfortable. I am convinced that it doesn't exist for anyone who wears a C or above.

if you need support. I am on a never ending search to find a strapless bra that truly supports and is comfortable. I am convinced that it doesn't exist for anyone who wears a C or above.

This isn't going to help the OP, because this bra doesn't dip down for a triangle cut dress, but since you mentioned having a problem with strapless bras, I thought I'd respond. I'm a 34D and used to have a great strapless bra from VS and then they stopped making it. I hate padding in strapless bras. I recently found a replacement at the Gap. Here are a couple pics of it. I bought it in beige and black. It has an underwire and also has the silicone strips along the top. That helps with slippage. Plus, it's not padded! I can't find it on gap body's website but it was definitely in the store.

24547035_Photo13.jpg.3ab297be21b01f480232f9b7c3d8a3d6.jpg

1141590009_Photo14.jpg.27040de84d31ce733c7433ddeab2c7f0.jpg

Leela, hope you find what you are looking for:)

I went bra shopping today and was "officially measured" for

the first time in a very long time. The gal was wonderful and

I am now in a different size. And found 4 new bras and 3 were

on sale and the total was only 101.00:D

I found a beige, black, white and brown. I need a couple of

more black ones now.

But I must say, the newer size does feel better on me:)

I guess I was one of those who was in the wrong size bra:eek:

This isn't going to help the OP, because this bra doesn't dip down for a triangle cut dress, but since you mentioned having a problem with strapless bras, I thought I'd respond. I'm a 34D and used to have a great strapless bra from VS and then they stopped making it. I hate padding in strapless bras. I recently found a replacement at the Gap. Here are a couple pics of it. I bought it in beige and black. It has an underwire and also has the silicone strips along the top. That helps with slippage. Plus, it's not padded! I can't find it on gap body's website but it was definitely in the store.

Thanks for the photo's and the suggestion of Gap. Do you happen to have the style number, maybe on the tag?

Hi everyone,

I have been trying on a multitude of bras, and nothing really jumped out at me. I went "closet shopping" (I guess more "lingerie drawer" shopping) and lo and behold I found a strapless bra that dipped down low in the front that worked perfectly for my dress. And I have to say, having looked at me in the dress with and without the bra, with the bra the girls looked SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you are a C cup and above, a bra is essential. It is a strapless bra, and I normally find them useless, but I can see why I bought this one - it has this rubbery stuff along the top and bottom of the bra that helps it stay put, and because the dress is tight under the bra part, that will help keep it from slipping down.

So that solved my problem. The moral of this story should be - check your closets and drawers - you never know what great things you may find there. :D

Hi everyone,

I have been trying on a multitude of bras, and nothing really jumped out at me. I went "closet shopping" (I guess more "lingerie drawer" shopping) and lo and behold I found a strapless bra that dipped down low in the front that worked perfectly for my dress.

Would you tell us the brand...maybe it will work for some others who may be looking.:)

Thanks for the photo's and the suggestion of Gap. Do you happen to have the style number, maybe on the tag?

It says "strapless convertible" on one tag and there is a long number on another tag. 570229001, then 311417, the it says Spring 08. Hope that helps.

The one I found in my drawer that works pretty well is from Warner's.

It's from their "Tuxedo collection", and they Style # is 01123. I bought it about a year ago, but it's still being sold in stores here like Sears and the Bay, it's a very popular style. It's very pretty along with being functional. It stays up better than most. These kinds of bras are never great at staying up, but because of the type of dress I'm wearing, it helps.

I just found it online, here is the link: http://www.warners.com/styles.cfm?id_types=1&id_categories=20&id_subcategories=14&selection=id_types=1&id_styles=173

1123.jpg

Archived