Flow Rider & Rock Climbing Wall

We'll be taking our 1st RCL cruise on the IOS next December. Have'nt seen a lot of discussion on the Flow Rider and Climbing Wall.

1. Is there an additional charge to use either of these?

2. Are the lines long?

3. Is there a time of day that is better than another?

Thanks for your info!!

We'll be taking our 1st RCL cruise on the IOS next December. Have'nt seen a lot of discussion on the Flow Rider and Climbing Wall.

1. Is there an additional charge to use either of these?

2. Are the lines long?

3. Is there a time of day that is better than another?

Thanks for your info!!

1. No add'l charge

2. Depends on time of day, whether it's a sea day or not...

3. My husband went at 10 am ish on a sea day, little to no waits

No fees. You just have to sign a waiver of liability.

You can just show up, or sign up for specific times on each. The rock wall line is usualy pretty short. The Flowrider can be up to 30 minutes, depending on what you are doing.

Surfing is one at a time and people fall much faster. Boogie boarding is two at a time, but people stay on much longer.

This cruise on Serenade was a celebration and relaxation cruise for us. But leading up to our sail date, something in me got curious about the rock climbing wall. When we got an unexpected sea day, that was enough to push me out there. I went right up it, and didn't get itchy about it until I reached for the bell--and realized that now I had to get down from there! That was sobering.

I did this well into our cruise, probably day 5. Not sure if it was a fluke, but maybe some folks had already done the wall and satisfied their curiousity. No big crowd. I went out about 2pm if I remember correctly. Be sure to wear socks out to the wall. They provide everything else, including instruction of course. Do keep in mind that when you go up that wall, you're already effectively 12-14 stories in the air since you're top deck of a cruise ship. Great views, but I didn't take a lot of time to look.:eek:

Lots of fun. Enjoy!

2310820080039822749S200x200Q85.jpg 2977279320039822749S200x200Q85.jpg

Thanks, heights aren't necessarily a friend of mine and I'm hoping that if I can conquer the rock climbing wall I won't back out when we do the zip line tour in Belize.

It was definitely doing something I hadn't done before. That sort of thing for me for sure. I had rapelled before, but no rock wall.

Thanks, heights aren't necessarily a friend of mine and I'm hoping that if I can conquer the rock climbing wall I won't back out when we do the zip line tour in Belize.

I'm afraid of heights but the guys who were working the wall on BOS were awesome! Everytime I hesitated, he pulled on the rope hard enough to remind me that he wasn't going to let me fall. I didn't get all the way up, but I went a lot higher than I have ever gone before. Maybe on the upcoming cruise I'll make it all the way!

Have fun! I don't know when the best time to go is. We went around 4 or 5 and it was slammed!

Archived