Two price alerts from the Monarch

On the Monarch this past week, there were two price situations that I wanted to mention on Cruise Critic.

1. The price of a can of soda was $1.95, up from $1.75. This makes the price with gratuity $2.24.

2. The $10 crap was still $10!!!! The selection was pretty good, too. I bought a nice black dress purse. :)

The slots were the tightest I have EVER experienced on a cruise. :(

The DVD sucked. I was certain that we would be heavily featured on it. Nope. $30 totally wasted.

On the Monarch this past week, there were two price situations that I wanted to mention on Cruise Critic.

The DVD sucked. I was certain that we would be heavily featured on it. Nope. $30 totally wasted.

Yikes!!!!:eek: :eek:

1. The price of a can of soda was $1.95, up from $1.75. This makes the price with gratuity $2.24.

2. The $10 crap was still $10!!!! The selection was pretty good, too. I bought a nice black dress purse. :)

The slots were the tightest I have EVER experienced on a cruise. :(

Interesting. They must be trying different things on different ships. AQHACruiser is on the Explorer right now and she just reported that the $10 store is gone. She was told the items would be offered on the Promenade as specials only on certain days and that they are now all $15. Maybe they will decide to go back to the $10 store if this doesn't work.

Interesting. They must be trying different things on different ships. AQHACruiser is on the Explorer right now and she just reported that the $10 store is gone. She was told the items would be offered on the Promenade as specials only on certain days and that they are now all $15. Maybe they will decide to go back to the $10 store if this doesn't work.

It was the same on the Freedom 3 weeks ago:mad:

Anyone think the cost of pop may be going up, as the cost of pop goes up?;)

I think RCCL is going to get hit with the cost of food/alcohol/soda in the near future. They are under contract with a lot of the carriers/suppliers, but as they renew contracts, it will show upped prices as a result of shipping and production costs.

Really? $2.24 for a single can?

Price gouge me just a little more please.

That is a lot, but lets put it in perspective. What does a bottle of water on a ship cost? $3.00 or so if memory serves me correctly.:eek:

On a recent trip to Laughlin, Nv we stopped in at what was the $10.00 store (the designer name escapes me) and all the prices were $15.00. We mentioned that the items were $10.00 on the ships. The shop manager advised us that it was a company wide increase and all stores including those on ships would now be priced at $15.00 per item.

On the Enchantment last week, there was a $15 sidewalk sale in the Forum shops one afternoon/night. I let my daughter pick out a watch, which turned out to be a pain to set, came with no instructions and seems to only offer the military format. Overall a poor value at that price.

A child's soda card was still $4/day +15%, for a total of $23 for our 5-day cruise. A single can was $2.24.

The grocery stores here used to regularly offer 2 12 packs of soda for 5 dollars. Those deals have mostly stopped. The now sale prices are usually buy 3 for $9 or even $11. Not surprising that RCCL may be raising their prices.

Anyone think the cost of pop may be going up, as the cost of pop goes up?;)

I think RCCL is going to get hit with the cost of food/alcohol/soda in the near future. They are under contract with a lot of the carriers/suppliers, but as they renew contracts, it will show upped prices as a result of shipping and production costs.

Just preparing cruisers for the inevitable. The dreaded "Soda_surcharge".

I like the idea of just adding an extra surcharge, and keeping the price the same. So the soda stays at $.1.75, and there is a $.20 surcharge due to fuel/economy/whatever marketing deems appropriate.

I heard they were also considering a $4/lobster tail surcharge - only while lobsters are out of season...

Archived