SHOES - too many? So hard.

Why is the shoe thing so hard? I am leaving in less than 2 weeks, have horrid luggage restrictions on weight (flying witha charter) and I'm freaking out over how many shoes to bring.

I did however just go out and buy the world's lightest luggage, so that will help.

I had posted about my packing dilemma a while back and got tons of great feedback, which really did help, but the shoe thing keeps coming back into play.

So not counting the ones I wear on the plane, here is what I have. On the plane I'll be wearing a comfortable black sandal with about 1 1/2 inch wedge heel that can be dressed up or down. Besides that:

• 2 VERY COMFY Sketchers for different outfits for excursions
  • 1 Naturalizer comfy casual shoe - same as above
  • Silver ballet flats - look adorable with certain outfits, I'm thinking these would be good in some of the smaller ports where we just might go for a coffee and not a 12 hour excursion day like Rome
  • Strappy dress sandals for night - go with a variety of outfits, the only dress sandal I'm taking
  • Flip flop for pool and can be used as slippers (I HAVE to have something on my feet all the time, even walking around the cabin, I hate bare feet)

So counting the ones I wear, that's 7 pairs for a two week cruise + the pre-cruise in Barcelona. Does that sound so bad?

TiA.

Hi Leela, lucky 7:D ;)

Seriously, sounds good to me and I am a low maintenance

person:)

I think you are doing quite well. Now, I know there are gals

who bring up towards 20 pair and might think 7 are not

nearly enough.

But you are asking for opinions so I am sure you will receive

many...mine is that your choices sound fine.:)

Sounds perfect--but you could probably get rid of one pair of the athletic shoes--make 1 pair work for everything!

It's not MY shoes that weigh alot--it's HUBBY'S!!!! (His weigh a ton!)

My only question is if you need 3 pairs of 'touring' shoes. (two Sketchers and one Naturalizer) I'm doing a 12-day Med also and am bringing one Privo (sort of like a Sketcher) (and I'm wearing them on the plane) and one walking sandal for touring. I'm hoping that's enough for the sightseeing days. Now I'm starting to wonder...should I also bring a pair of sandals with the 1 1/2 wedge heel that I could wear to dinner or on the plane...?

It's not MY shoes that weigh alot--it's HUBBY'S!!!! (His weigh a ton!)

The only time we were overweight .. I reached in the suitcase .. took out one pair of DH's shoes .. put them in my carryon and we were fine !!

Do I "need" 3 pairs of touring shoes? Absolutely not. It's just that they all look so cute with different outfits, it's totally a fashion thing.

As for the sandals with the 1.5" heel, I don't like wearing flats, I'm more into heels, so I won't be wearing any of the flat shoes at night. MAYBE the silver ballet flat if my feet are sore for some reason.

The 1.5" heel (which is pretty low by my standards) at least gives me another option if I don't want to wear dress sandals every night - esp. since my dress sandals are VERY dressy. I was starting to think about the "meet & greet" we are doing are the more casual dinners and realized I need (want) one pair of sandals with a heel, but a casual one.

I really do love to have options with shoes - to me they are an accessory like a pair of earrings or a scarf.

Do I "need" 3 pairs of touring shoes? Absolutely not. It's just that they all look so cute with different outfits, it's totally a fashion thing.

As for the sandals with the 1.5" heel, I don't like wearing flats, I'm more into heels, so I won't be wearing any of the flat shoes at night. MAYBE the silver ballet flat if my feet are sore for some reason.

The 1.5" heel (which is pretty low by my standards) at least gives me another option if I don't want to wear dress sandals every night - esp. since my dress sandals are VERY dressy. I was starting to think about the "meet & greet" we are doing are the more casual dinners and realized I need (want) one pair of sandals with a heel, but a casual one.

I really do love to have options with shoes - to me they are an accessory like a pair of earrings or a scarf.

Leela,:) if you already know before you leave that you will

be an unhappy cruiser without the extra (more than 7) then

by all means bring them.

You were asking for replies and we all have different views

on the shoe thing;)

For me, it's not how many shoes, but how much they weigh and how much space they take up. Remember to pack creatively. If you travel with a guy, they have lots of room inside their shoes! I can put a pair of flip flops AND a pair of ballet flats inside a pair of DH's shoes and save tons of space. You can also put undies, bras, socks etc. squished flat in a ziploc bag and stuff those inside men's shoes too. :D

If you get squeezed for space, I think you could get by with only two pairs of touring shoes.

Archived