What happens IF

fundayz

Just wondering....

Has anyone ever gotten caught on their own balcony in compromising situations with their spouse? If so how is this handled by Princess? I've read that the Caribe deck on the Coral is semi- private... is it possible to enjoy nature?

One change in procedure after the Star Princess fire, was adding lookouts (and cameras) to the Bridge, to scan the sides of the ship for problems.

You never know when they might be scanning your way.

Just what I wanted to know... not adventurous type... but on my honeymoon! Thought the surprise for my hubby would be a special memory... but I'm not a big risk taker! would hate to be arrested or fined or anything else for enjoy my hubby

Just what I wanted to know... not adventurous type... but on my honeymoon! Thought the surprise for my hubby would be a special memory... but I'm not a big risk taker! would hate to be arrested or fined or anything else for enjoy my hubby

It might get in the cruise video (Adult version) that they sell at the end of the cruise.

Just remember that even if your fellow passengers can't, the Officer of the Watch sure can - the bridge wings on most ships (esp. the Grand class ships) are wide enough as to allow a good view down most of the ship.

Just wondering....

Has anyone ever gotten caught on their own balcony in compromising situations with their spouse? If so how is this handled by Princess? I've read that the Caribe deck on the Coral is semi- private... is it possible to enjoy nature?

Public "flogging" in the Princess Theater later that day? :eek:

Just wondering....

I say go for it. Tuck yourselves back into a corner... with the partitions I highly doubt that they would see much if anything at all. Or you could always ask for a bridge tour and see for yourselves what the risk would be...... Its highly unlikely that even if they do see something... you'll ever see them again after the cruise.

Just remember that, while the ability to see onto your balcony might be in question, the ability to hear what's going on is not. :eek:

100% in agreement with this. I've heard many an interesting conversation because neighbors thought that the balconies were "private"... Plus there are slits between the panels; small but they are there.

Whatever happens it would make for an interesting honeymoon story later.

Likely the crewmen/women on duty would be discrete about anything that wasn't a safety issue.

Don't forget to order breakfast delivered to your room to enjoy out on the balcony in the morning. That extra little bit of private moments adds to the romance (and this after 37 years of marriage !)...

Just wondering....

As I did not view a couple compromising each other...:rolleyes: ...we did see a couple on the Crown come out onto their Dolphin Deck balcony in their undies every morning. It seemed as if they didn't notice that they could be seen from above very clearly. It made breakfast on the balcony off putting.:cool: Tighty whities on toast....:p

The last bridge tour that I took was two weeks before 911. For security reasons, I don't think any of the ships allow it anymore.

Not true. We were afforded a tour two weeks ago on the CB. We wrote a letter to the Captain, delivered it to the Purser's desk on embarkation, and we received an invitation the next day. They do ask to keep the tour private and confidential as they offer no open invitations anymore.

As for whoopee - I would agree that the cover of darkness would afford you the best privacy. Middle of the night - probably no one listening next door through the nn-privacy dividers inbetween the balconies. I know that when we got back to our rooms after closing the club (2-3 AM) , and went out on the balcony, no one was around - everyone was sleeping soundly. Did we try - NO. But you guys have given me an idea for our next trip!

So there you are on your balcony, late in the evening, sitting quietly and enjoying the view... when you hear the balcony doors open to the cabin next door and whispers of "come ON, no one can see us out here..." giggles, slaps, grabs, grunts... oh JOY! You feel TRAPPED on your own balcony because to stand up an announce yourself seems, well rude!! Not to mention you've got a fit of giggles yourself that just won't quit. So finally, you can't stand it and just stand up before you hear anything WORSE and head into your own cabin. Trust me, for the rest of the cruise your "neighbors" will NOT be able to look you in the eye.

Oh, and just FYI, something "pressed" against those dividers in the corner is pretty danged apparent to the folks next door!!

Middle of the night or not, officer of the watch or not - you take your chances. Some folks are into it, some are not, but know that unless you are IN your cabin, privacy is pretty chancy! :)

The last bridge tour that I took was two weeks before 911. For security reasons, I don't think any of the ships allow it anymore.

You are correct in the fact that they are no longer offered to the cruising public, like advertising it in the Princess Patter. And for a while after 9-11 nobody was allowed on the bridge that wasn't supposed to be there.

But as stated, some captain's do offer a small tour for those requesting it now. Some............but some don't. So, putting it in a note to the captain and leaving it at the purser's desk would be the only way to get to see it nowadays on some ships.

Archived