Why do you like to Cruise

same as all above!! We still do land vacations as we have a timeshare so we cruise one year condo vacation the next. The land vacations take a great deal more planning, and stress and we almost always drive for those. Cruises we get to see wonderful ports, never have to plan a food budget, or a gas budget ect. Also I am a doer and my family are more sit around types I can fill my day with ship activities and they can all sit around. It fits us all perfectly.

I like cruising because I am young and really haven't travelled much. I lik to look at a cruise vacation as a sampler platter for different locations. For example, I just got back from my first cruise a few days ago. Our ship visited Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. Being able to see so many cultures and exotic locations in a short amount of time showed me and my BF some really amazing places. Next summer vacation, we're thinking of skipping a cruise altogether and either booking a resort in Grand Cayman or near Cozumel, Mexico because those were our favorite places.

Other reasons I do like to cruise are:

- Getting the munchies and calling room service while we watch a first run movie from our cabin.

- Hearing ll the different languages. From the pax onboard to the cruise staff, so many cultures are represented. In fact, of all the employees working onboard, I only met one who was from America.

- On sea days, being able to look out in every direction and seeing nothing but blue, blue water.

- Coming back to our cabin at night to have the lights dimmed, chocolates on our pillows, having the bed turned down, and being surprised by a different towel creature every evening.

I like the ships, the ambiance of the ships I guess.

I like the party like, carefree atmosphere on the pool deck on sea days.

I like being able to visit (even briefly) a few different places (countries) in a short period of time.

I like being on deck at sunrise when there are few other people around.

I like the choice of going to see the entertainment in the evening, or just hanging around in one spot ot another instead.

I like going to Windjammers and grabbing whatever I happen to feel like eating, when I want to.

I like the elegance of the dining room, and yes, even dressing up for formal nights.

I even like the food.

I like the Caribbean sun in the winter.

I like all of the staff on board, who always are (or at least appear to be) happy.

There are plenty of things to like.

I agree that the all inclusive vacation is the way to go. Once on board I don't have to worry about anything except having fun. No driving, reading maps, buying gas !!!, looking for a hotel or a place to eat. The price we paid is well worth the pampering we receive.:)

Everything that was already posted! I love being out at sea; staring at the beautiful blue water from my balcony, the stars at night. Visiting different ports in a week; SEA DAYS! :D; a vacation where I can truly relax, being pampered, lots to do, or do nothing at all, and room service.

We sail in less than a month. :D

• 5 years later...

I love cruising for the day at the beach or walking about seeing the sites followed by a fabulous evening of a 4 or 5 course dinner, a wonderful musical stage production and drinks at the piano bar and/or dancing the night away. You can only do that affordably on a cruise. An evening like that in the city would cost over $200 per person.

Because I feel God's greatest gift to this earth is the OCEAN!!! I grew up on Cape Cod and then we moved here to MO when I was 16 so I miss being close to the ocean, SO BADLY!! A cruise gives me plenty of ocean!

I also love being able to visit so many different ports/countries yet we don't have to pack/unpack. Also, there are so many different things to do on a ship and between the entertainment, excursions and numerous ports it's like taking 3 vacations in 1!!

I love being waited on, and on a cruise, that's what you get! Not having to do anything except relax by the pool, have a drink, dress for dinner....all very nice!

Plus, no deciding "where do you want to go?"--it's all decided for you! Lovely!

Yes, this is why we really enjoy cruising. It's a week where we truly relax and unplug. Cell phones go in the safe, and we don't check our work email. I like that the only thing I have to think about is what I'll wear to dinner that night.

1.Unpacking once

2.Seeing the world and having my transportation be right there

3.Meeting new people. You can start any conversation with "Where are you from?"

4. Doing everything, or nothing at all.

5. Being gently lulled to sleep at night or sometimes in the afternoon!

6. The sound of the ocean

Ironically I am not a "beach person" to hang out all day in the sun, but I love to get my toes in the sand, the smell of the ocean air.

Having the ability to do everything or nothing at all that the ship provides. We are beach people and you put a drink in my hand with my toes in the sand, now that is heaven on earth to me. The pampering on board is also a great experience.

I love the all-inclusive aspect - I don't have to think about how much I want to spent on breakfast, lunch or dinner. I like the "small town" atmosphere - everything I want is within walking distance! I like the service - my bed is made and towels changed twice a day - hotels only do this once. I feel relaxed and l can do as much or as little as I want - activities and shows are there for me to choose as my mood dictates.

fb-like-button.jpg

You said it all for me...NUFF SAID! :cool:

I love road trips - seeing a different place each day.

To me a cruise is the ultimate road trip BUT;

I dont have to find a hotel each night.

Lug my gear inside,

Rat through my suitcases each night,

Sleep in a different be each night,

Find somewhere to eat,

Work out how the budget is going each night,

Lug my gear out each morning,

Stress over what I left at the last hotel.

Cruising lets me go to a different place each day (with a few rest days) in absolute luxury.

There are lots of other reasons but this is a big one. I would go mad in a resort, staying in one place for a week.

Thanks RCCL!

Raina

Because with a drink in your hand and with the comfort of the ship and the people you love, you can watch nature unfold in its original beauty. I think it was the captain of the Indy who said in his promo that the sea looks the same as it did billions of years ago. I just adore looking out for wildlife in their natural habitat, but I also like wine, and I can do both, together!

I also like ticking off all those countries. I'm going to do them all ;) I actually can't see me doing any other type of holiday now

(1) The prices are reasonable. last year we went to Cape Cod. Stayed in Hyannis for 6 days, visited Martha's Vineyard, & Nantucket while we were there. We did an 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise for less that we paid for Cape Cod (best cruise we've taken so far). After Cape Cod we decided that it would be cruises form then on.

(2) We like the all inclusiveness of it. Once on board we don't have to be concerned about where we eat, finding parking spots and a new place to see every day. (Kinda like Ground Hogs Day - Wake up... new port):D

(3) Being unplugged from the rest of the world. Cell phones off and in safe for duration of trip, no laptops or emails and we don't watch the news. Only use computer on last day to check in at airport and print boarding passes. World will be there when we get back. If not, what better way to go...

Honestly I wasn't sure I'd like cruising, but I think its a nice way to get a taste of several different destinations. And I think its pretty cool to be on this huge ship, going 25 miles an hour across the ocean. There is nothing like it, I love it.

There's something about the ocean.........The beauty of the ocean mixed with the beauty of the ship is what does it for me. There's just no other feeling that even comes close. :D

~ That's a big reason for me too. I'm a Pieces and the ocean just finds a peace and calm in me like nothing else. It rejuvenates me. Not that I really believe in astrology but I do know this is something inborn as I have been born, raised and have always lived in landlocked states.

Other reasons:

~ I have to make so many decisions in everyday life and work. A cruise vs a land vacation just seems lessen the decisions in some respects and lessens the stress.

~ With some family issues/circumstances, I have to be caregiver and provide housing to two family members not counting my daughter in college. I LOVE someone asking ME what I'd like for dinner, doing the dishes, not having to shop for groceries, etc.

My three top reasons for loving cruising,

a. I love water - just looking at it makes me very happy

b. Love to people watch and on a cruise ship it's right up there with major airports and Las Vegas!

c. As others have stated, you can do it all or do nothing at all!

I love road trips - seeing a different place each day.

To me a cruise is the ultimate road trip BUT;

I dont have to find a hotel each night.

Lug my gear inside,

Rat through my suitcases each night,

Sleep in a different be each night,

Find somewhere to eat,

Work out how the budget is going each night,

Lug my gear out each morning,

Stress over what I left at the last hotel.

Cruising lets me go to a different place each day (with a few rest days) in absolute luxury.

There are lots of other reasons but this is a big one. I would go mad in a resort, staying in one place for a week.

Thanks RCCL!

Raina

I agree with you entirely. Cruising is like a road trip to several different places except the mode of travel is a million times BETTER!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Archived