Life style pictures question

My husband and I did black shirts and white shorts against the white background and they turned out great. The mom and daughter in front of us did the same thing as did the people behind us. It totally confused that photographer as she thought all 6 of us were together. Black and white must be a popular combo.

There are 10 of us on the cruise and we wish to take a life style portrait. What are the best "clothes" to wear? We were thinking white shirts and demin shorts. Could anyone help us decide..thanks.:)

Denim shorts would be a cool idea but i would go with some color in the tops .. since the background theytend to use most is white..

these pix are always my favorites .. the photographers can be so creative !!

I had pink on and my husband had navy blue shirt on and both looked good against white background.

The best photos I saw from this trip were of a family all in matching yellow shirts and denim jeans. Their pics were so nice.

We just did this last week with a group of 12. We all wore denim and white and it worked out well on the white background (it was definitely easy to coordinate). The pictures looked very classy. We also did a casual white background on one of our formal nights which turned out very cool. This photo was just our family of five - the girls in black and white dresses and the boys in black suits. It was a fun and relaxed arrangement with hubby and one of the boys sitting, myself kneeling and the younger two standing. It was a nice change from the typical formal backgrounds you see and it was a better fit to our personalities ;) . The white background was very popular on both formal and casual nights, so plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time (they tend to take more time than the other backgrounds, so the line is slow moving).

we didnt actually plan our clothes for our lifestyle photos as we had said no more formal photos.

As we were walking past their setup they asked if we wanted photos done so we agreed and yes they are the best photos we have had taken as a family. We even got a couple blown up on canvas they are so good.

Much more relaxed and more like our family.

So I guess maybe it doesnt matter what you wear.

To be honest I did not want to be crawling around on the floor of the main lobby of the Majesty of the Seas... but I am glad the BF made me do it... its one of our favorite pictures together...(20 years this August)!

1690363235_CRUISEPICGOOD.jpg.743e97c9e684193080bca1de9b7f1fee.jpg

In 3 cruises we have had 3 lifestyle photo sessions.

Our least favorite is when we had 4 people in the photo and we all had on white shirts and demin jeans. There was not any contrast between our white shirts and white background and we all looked "washed out".

Our most favorite is I have on a bright multi-color caribbean style blouse and husband has on a black shirt. That one came out great.

For a large group, I'd suggest something like red shirts and demin.

Of course, if you don't like the results from one photo session, just do another the next night (and maybe even another)....until you get one you're all happy with. It doesn't cost you anything until you actually buy one.

To be honest I did not want to be crawling around on the floor of the main lobby of the Majesty of the Seas... but I am glad the BF made me do it... its one of our favorite pictures together...(20 years this August)!

That is a great picture. Congratulations on 20 years!

Archived