Do You Unpack?

redhawk94

During our cruise last month, the first thing I did was unpack everything into the wall lockers/closets that Carnival has on the ship. My wife thought I was nuts for doing so, but I thought everybody did this as you are going to be there for at least 4 days. So I was just wondering who else unpacks.

During our cruise last month, the first thing I did was unpack everything into the wall lockers/closets that Carnival has on the ship. My wife thought I was nuts for doing so, but I thought everybody did this as you are going to be there for at least 4 days. So I was just wondering who else unpacks.

That is what I do as soon as possible. I unpack the tote, take the "paper work" up to the buffet for lunch, roam the halls to take pictures of the public areas when they are not full of people and return to the cabin hopefully where the luggage will have arrived. I unpack, hang as much as possible and put folded clothes like shorts & t's on shelves and in draws. This way my clothes have even less wrinkles. I am often packed 2 to 3 days before getting on the ship, also due to pre-cruise plans.

There is nothing wrong with you wanting to unpack right away.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel.

That's what cruising is all about--NOT having to live out of a suitcase! OF COURSE you unpack! How cramped and uncomfortable it is to try and push and pull a suitcase out everytime you need something!

I can't imagine people would not unpack. Why would they leave their things in a suitcase when there are drawers and closets in every cabin?

Do you actually know people who don't unpack when they arrive at the ship?

I have to unpack! Otherwise, I'd never find anything I put in the suitcase! It does help with de-wrinkling (a little) plus I always bring lots of extra wire hangers.

Laurie

Do you actually know people who don't unpack when they arrive at the ship?

Yeah - me! :-)

I usually travel with a backpack or other soft-sided carry-on luggage. On my last cruise I just unzipped my pack all the way around and put it in a drawer. Worked great, and I repacked dirty cloths as I went. No big stress-out and the luggage was always out of the way. And little risk of leaving something behind because I was always "packed."

But I'm probably not a "typical" cruiser...

As soon as the luggage appears, I unpack everything ..it makes everything a bit homier, allows me to locate some things I'll need later, and then I can get the suitcases stowed away out the way.

Room stewards will tell you that people who have cruised often unpack and settle in very quickly. They know what they want to put where and do it.

That's us. :)

We are always in the same cabin style and they are identical. We have sailed hundreds of days in those cabins and know just which drawer 'our socks go in'. ;)

We unpack very quickly as the drawers and closets in 'our' cabins are as familiar as our home.

we are unpackers too...as soon as the bags get to the room.....we know ahead of time that the right side of the closet and the bottom drawers belong to dad (likewise the bathroom shelves) and the left side and top drawers are mine! packing is very fast...we know what goes with what...actually we pack with like items in the same zip lock bags so a whole shelf unpacks at the same time.

organization makes the cabin feel more like home. and as soon as the suitcases are under the bed, we are on vacation! of course usually by that time we have already had a couple of fruity drinks, lunch at the buffet, taken some pictures and sometimes finished a muster drill!

Beverly

We always unpack everything as soon as the luggage arrives in the cabin.

There is no way I would live out of a suitcase on a cruise ship. Did that for 3 and 4 weeks at a time when we tours Europe and other places via, trains, planes, buses, cars, etc. Will never do that again!!

There is no way I would live out of a suitcase on a cruise ship. Did that for 3 and 4 weeks at a time when we tours Europe and other places via, trains, planes, buses, cars, etc. Will never do that again!!

Oh word, how I remember living out of a single suitcase each for 15 - 18 day land/rail/air trips around Europe time and again. We always limited ourselves to one suitcase each and a very small carryon and amazing how we always managed. :D Not today....seems I need so much more with me these days. :(m We never unpacked as we often were in a hotel only two nights and on to another city and different hotel. I hated digging through everything to find what I was looking for.

Archived