Concierge Update

Anca is off the Dawn now for a much deserved rest and she's thinking that her next contract may be as a floater (temporary replacements for concierge who go on vacation). She's a fantastic concierge and anyone lucky enough to sail with her are in for a treat!

• 2 months later...

Anshuman is a delight and we have had him as a butler and now

consierge on the Dawn.

He is going home in Nov ( I think, he said ) and will be gone for about

a month.

We will be on the Jewel soon and I only hope that we have someone

as great as Anshuman.

Claudio has been gone for several months and will be missed by many.

Our last round in the CV we had the "wonderful" Mr. Forbes. He treated us with complete disdain and seemed to cater to the large family from Australia in the Garden Villa. I do not know if it was because we have children, but he was rude, unresponsive and not helpful. If not for our butler we would have been really ticked!We , as well as 3 other families in the CV's,were VERY unhappy with his "service"- 2 of the families refused to give him a gratuity.:confused::confused: I am glad he has left the Jewel- hope he won't be back before our next year's Jewel cruise! We were actually concerned that he would be on our next Pearl... I mentioned CC boards to him at embarkation and he snorted and said" no one that knows anything reads that ..." then I told him that is where I had heard his name , spoken highly of! We had a pleasant conversation, but ended up doing most of our own concierging...

But he is good looking!

Our last round in the CV we had the "wonderful" Mr. Forbes. He treated us with complete disdain and seemed to cater to the large family from Australia in the Garden Villa. I do not know if it was because we have children, but he was rude, unresponsive and not helpful. If not for our butler we would have been really ticked!We , as well as 3 other families in the CV's,were VERY unhappy with his "service"- 2 of the families refused to give him a gratuity.:confused::confused: I am glad he has left the Jewel- hope he won't be back before our next year's Jewel cruise! We were actually concerned that he would be on our next Pearl... I mentioned CC boards to him at embarkation and he snorted and said" no one that knows anything reads that ..." then I told him that is where I had heard his name , spoken highly of! We had a pleasant conversation, but ended up doing most of our own concierging...

But he is good looking!

WOW! I have to say, I'm shocked by your description of your experience with Alex. He has returned to the Jewel as of August 9th. We were on our cruise from August 11th-23rd and were treated like royalty by both Alex and his assistant. He went above and beyond our expectations as he also did on our last cruise with him.

But he is good looking!

This is the very first negative report I have ever read about Alex. He couldn't have been nicer to us, and we were in the lowest-level penthouse suite. He is very aware of the CC boards and was at our CC meeting on the Jewel in February (where at least 6 groups of us were among his PH and owners' suite people). I'm completely flabbergasted by your post.

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Alex? We are going to be in the GV on a TA that departs next week, and 3 of us are travel writers -- we wanted to give him the "heads up" because we would really love to interview some of the chefs, sommeliers, and the spa director and possibly get some behind the scenes tours.

My grandmother who is also going on this trip sailed on the Jewel and had Alex as a concierge before - she says he is simply the best that there is. (and good looking to boot!)

Does anyone have an e-mail address for Alex? We are going to be in the GV on a TA that departs next week, and 3 of us are travel writers -- we wanted to give him the "heads up" because we would really love to interview some of the chefs, sommeliers, and the spa director and possibly get some behind the scenes tours.

My grandmother who is also going on this trip sailed on the Jewel and had Alex as a concierge before - she says he is simply the best that there is. (and good looking to boot!)

JetSetJen: Alex gave me his email address so that I could give it to a good friend who was going to cruise with him later. I have emailed Alex to ask if it is okay to give it to you. Email me (address in signature), and when I hear from him, I will let you know.

Humberto leaves the Spirit on the morning of 9/20 he is going home until January and then will be on the Star...does anyone know whom will be on the Spirit starting on 9/20 (he will not be doing the 1 niter that day)

Marla,

I am not sure about after the 20th. But, I do know that Karan Arora will be the Concierge after September 31st.

PE

Archived