half moon cay

My experience has been in late summer. But I've read here where many people found the water to be a bit too chilly for swimming at that time of year. If you like cold water, though, you may be right at home!

Can't talk about December but we were there end of February. It was very warm and the water was on the colder side (compared to the other Caribbean stops we went to first). It was refreshing!

We will be ar half moon cay in Dec..is the weather warm enough for swimming? What have you expereinced?

Why yes! I'll admit to making some pathetic yelping noises while getting in:p , but after getting it over with---lovely. (I've never been one to dive right in.:)

I suspect that you'll love Half Moon Cay whether you decide to swim or not.

We were there last December and the weather was wonderful. We spent several hours just laying on the beach, swimming and attempting to snorkel. Unfortunately, a storm had damaged the snorkel effects according to the life guard on duty .. otherwise, it was a great day at the beach .. and the water temp was just right.

harry

We will be ar half moon cay in Dec..is the weather warm enough for swimming? What have you expereinced?

Yes! Been there twice in November and its been fine for swimming. Then again, we're from New England :cool: . It might depend on what you're use to.

All depends what you are used to in your area.... to me Dec. the water temps are too cold for my liking from the """peach state"""", and remember that you are not far off the coast of Fla., so the average ocean temps there will be pretty darn close to what will be experienced at HMC.....

Archived