I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

I found that if I used the slide button on the left hand side of the movia map, it enlarged the map--once enlarged, dots showed up for the stops and you could read street names. If you then clicked on the dot, it would open a small screen with the stop name--just one dot at a time, though. I ended up printing it off and then writing in the names by the dots. Someone more tech-savvy will probably have a better answer!

I'll have to try again. When I tried it, I couldn't even click on the dots to see the name of the station. Then when I tried to print it, it didn't print anything but the line showing the route, which was useless. I thought that maybe it was because I had the translate function on, but that didn't make any difference. In any case, thanks, I'll try it again and play with it some more. I didn't see the slider to enlarge the map - just kept double clicking until it enlarged!

I don't mind writing in the names of the stops if all else prints OK - and if I can get the stop names to display! There is a stop that shows up in Google Earth but not in the list of stops for 11A, so that's one reason I was hoping to find something very specific that would help me!

Thanks!

The other thing you might try, from the main movia page, if you choose the Trafikinfo tab, then type 11A in the white box on the left and hit the arrow to the right, it gives you a choice to dowload koreplan--if you choose that option, it brings up a schedule with stop names.

I could not locate any bike rentals nearthe port so the one that is located closest to the port is at Turesensgade 10 in København K.

K is the central part of Copenhagen and is named after the central Post office at Købmagergade but Many people thinks that the K just stands for København so now you know that. :D

need help with Copenhagen. Have 4 hours-can you suggest a guide with a minivan. We need to be picked up at the port and dropped off at the airport. Thanks

Are there just the two of you? A cab might work. You could have a list of key locations you want to drive by and see. Give the driver that list, hopefully in a good, orderly pattern and then you could get a mini-tour that way in a manner that would not be as costly as through a tour firm with an official guide. Reactions?

Many of the cab drivers, especially those younger, speak English, can make stops to allow you to get out, see things up close and personal, etc. Below are two of your must-see sights, stops.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 87,176 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 72,842 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Copenhagen’s Nyhavn or “new” Harbor is actually old and charming. This waterfront entertainment district is lined by brightly colored 17th and early 18th century townhouses and bars, cafes and restaurants. Serving as a "heritage harbor", the canal also has many historical wooden ships. Lots of people and fun activity!!:

Boat.jpg

Copenhagen's City Hall and Square:

1-CPH-CityHall.jpg

We are a party of 7 adults needing transportation from the airport to the Marriott. We have ruled out the bus and metro and are willing to pay for the convenience of a taxi or private transportation.

Would it make more sense to get three separate taxis, or book a private shuttle for all of us?

Any recommendations for a private shuttle?

I will be arriving in Copenhagen at 6 AM on a Monday morning, after a long in transit time, and little sleep.

Is there something you can recommend that I can do between then and the afternoon when I will be able to check into the hotel?

I need something that will keep me awake but not be too demanding for a tired old person. ;) I was thinking maybe some sort of bus tour but don't know exactly where to look for that.

@ cruzingduo and sunshine 229

Here are a link that you can look at to get some inspiration.

http://www.sightseeing.dk/sys/overview/fp.php

http://www.stromma.dk/en/Home/TourList/?Activity=SIGHTSEEING(1)SubActivity(2)BUS+TOURS(1)what(2)11624(1)where(2)11563(1)when(2)1

@ sippican

The taxi company´s also have some mini vans with room for 8 passengers and a driver.

A couple weeks ago I looked up the 11A bus on movia.dk. It looked good, as long as I used it during the limited hours that it runs (for example, only from 11:00 on Saturday). It looked like I could take it from close to the Marriott (Kalvebod Brygge 5) to get close to Pistolstraede, which is in Indre By, not too far from Kongens Nytorv. Now, using movia.dk, all I pull up for a Friday afternoon around 14:00 is a variety of buses (with walking before and after) but no 11A. Is it still running?

I can see that there is apparently street construction around the Marriott on Bergdorffsgaden (spelling may be wrong) and some buses no longer go there, but I didn't see any mention of the 11A being rerouted, if it indeed does go there. However, the way google has translated the notices on reroutings, I can't really get a good sense of what's being affected, and where I should go to catch a particular bus. I think I'll just go to the train station, as that seems to be where the 66 (and maybe others) stop.

My questions, I guess, are:

Does the 11A run? If so, is there a map of the route that could be printed? I think I tried printing one before with no luck, even though someone jumped in here with some good ideas. Still - no printable map! Sigh! Now, in addition to no map, I have no bus!!

If I want to catch the bus that usually stops at the Police Station near the Marriott (and south (I think) of train station), do I have to go to another location to catch it? Also, I wasn't quite sure what the notices about Norreport were saying. If I want to transfer from a bus to Norreport, where will it drop me off? If I'm just going from S-tog or Metro to Norreport, nothing will change, right?

How far in advance does Movia plug in their bus schedules/routings? I'm not going to be in Kobenhavn until August 10. July is posted, so I was wondering when August will be posted.

I know I'm asking a lot - sorry! However, any info anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

I am also wondering about the Copenhagen card... as we will be there about 5 days it is quite expensive. However, when you factor in the cost of Tivoli and standing in line, I feel it might be worth it. The hotel we are staying at sells the card, so I might just wait until we land to order. I do have some reservations about purchasing the card and waiting for it to arrive via mail.

Any advice is appreciated.

I will be arriving in Copenhagen at 6 AM on a Monday morning, after a long in transit time, and little sleep.

Is there something you can recommend that I can do between then and the afternoon when I will be able to check into the hotel?

I need something that will keep me awake but not be too demanding for a tired old person. ;) I was thinking maybe some sort of bus tour but don't know exactly where to look for that.

The Hop On/Hop Off bus would be a great way to see the city.

Hello

We are in Copenhagen for the day and would like to see, Little Mermaid, Nyhavn and Amalienborg Palace. We are sailing into Langelinie Pier we think.

I am disabled so think doing it all by foot will be too much. Can I get a bus/shuttle to the furthest point and make my way back by foot or perhaps a bus to each? Any help would be appreciated. thank you :)

We will be in Copenhagen for 3 days before our cruise. Does it pay to get the Copenhagen Card, or pay as we go? What are good recommendations of sights for those days?

I think the 72 Copenhagen Card is a good value, and gives you alot of flexibility. However, you should look over the list of things covered, and determine what you want to see--if you prefer shopping, strolling and people watching to seeing castles and museums, etc, then the card wouldn't be worth it. The good thing about the 72 hour card is that you can see the same place more than once--for instance, you could go to Tivoli one day, and back another evening you if wanted. It's a little harder to make the 24 hour card work because the hours of some attractions are short--10 or 11 am to 5--so there are only so many things that you can see in that amount of time of the many choices covered by the card. So, if I were there 3 days, I'd get it. Now, if I were there 5 days, I'd still just buy a 72 hour card, and pack in the covered sites during those 72 hours--then spend the other days seeing the free museums, the free attractions, and do my shopping, strolling and sitting in cafes. It's a win/win.

@ crewzlover

Here is a list of free entrances or attractions with reduced entrance so you can do your own calculation.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.dk/book-dit-ophold/copenhagen-card

@ JustAnOrdinaryGirl

Bus number 26 will get you from Langelinie Pier to Kongens Nytorv where Nyhavn is located.

Archived