Eurodam Library/Internet Cafe

barbon2

I know this was mentioned quite a while ago, but I am still confused in regard to the Library and Internet Cafe.

Are these two venues together on the Eurodam or are they on different floors?

Some sites I look at have them on different floors and some have them together.

Does anyone have the answer?

Thanks!

Barbara

On the Eurodam the Explorations Cafe, which is the combined internet center and library, is on the starboard side of deck 11, opposite the Crow's Nest.

Yes, internet, library AND excellent coffee shop. I think there may be confusion on some people's part between the Explorations Cafe and the Explorer's Lounge. I've even seen some HAL regulars use the misnomer "Explorer's Cafe". Sort of an unfortunate choice of names, but they and the Crow's Nest are my favorite locales on the ship.

It appears that the venue is exactly the same setup as on the Zuiderdam after it came out of drydock in late April this year. The library, coffee shop and internet cafe are indeed all together and adjacent to the Crow's Nest.

We find it strange as it seems difficult to read or be on computer if there is dance music etc at night. Other than that, the coffee is great, the internet works well and the library is fine excepting no CDs still.

harry

Looking at the deck plans, I'm wondering how does one navigate from the Crow's Nest to Tamarind?

Maybe they can add a zip-line from the Crow's Nest over the Cabanas and Lido pool to the Tamarind. :D

You can use the ship's terminals or bring your own laptop. It's likely to be less costly, especially if you plan significant use of email or posting on bulletin boards such as CC, to bring your own. With your own laptop you can, for example, check and save e-mail messages on your laptop and then compose responses and use spell-check while you are offline.

The fee for using the ship's connection is the same whether you sue your laptop or the ship's terminals. $3.95 one-time connection fee and a basic rate of $.75 per minute. Or buy a discounted package of 100 minutes for $55 or 250 minutes for $100. There are also typically some occasional bonus incentives (extra minutes), such as for signing up on embarkation day.

Maybe they can add a zip-line from the Crow's Nest over the Cabanas and Lido pool to the Tamarind. :D

That would be interesting to experience on the "Formal Nights". I picture a very James Bond type arrival with martini in hand!

ROTFL! :D What a great image! Thanks for giving me a good lunchtime chuckle.

You can use the ship's terminals or bring your own laptop. It's likely to be less costly, especially if you plan significant use of email or posting on bulletin boards such as CC, to bring your own. With your own laptop you can, for example, check and save e-mail messages on your laptop and then compose responses and use spell-check while you are offline.

The fee for using the ship's connection is the same whether you sue your laptop or the ship's terminals. $3.95 one-time connection fee and a basic rate of $.75 per minute. Or buy a discounted package of 100 minutes for $55 or 250 minutes for $100. There are also typically some occasional bonus incentives (extra minutes), such as for signing up on embarkation day.

Thanks, Dave. At that cost, I think I'll go "cold turkey" for 10 days. (my wife will probably be prying me off of the walls. rolleyes.gif)

LOL, Ruth! I'm counting on you guys to tell us how to travel from one place to the other.:D

Carol--

We're very good at telling folks where to go and exactly how to get there...

;)

Sorry Ruth -

Didn't mean to steal your thunder, but I simply couldn't pass up the line.

:)

Carol--

We're very good at telling folks where to go and exactly how to get there...

;)

Sorry Ruth -

Didn't mean to steal your thunder, but I simply couldn't pass up the line.

:)

I certainly left myself open for that one. LOL !

Archived