Shoe color with green dress

Hoyaheel

I bought 82035305?$itempage$ The sleeveless dress in the green fabric in the corner (it's lime-ish with yellow dragonflies) I know, I know, I'm preppy, I can't help it. I can wear the dress to work, and for a picnic this weekend, and it was on sale:p But--what color shoes to wear with it? Assuming a sandal or an espadrille (I don't have any espadrilles that will work with it; I have fuschia & turquoise) I tend to get "neutral" sandals because then I can spend more to get a better quality shoe that I can wear with more options (thus, I don't have blue, green, white, pink, etc--I have dark brown, light brown, black....Silver & gold for evening but don't currently have any daytime metallics...Ooh-I lie--I have a matte gold wedge with a cork sole---that might work?)

I bought 82035305?$itempage$ The sleeveless dress in the green fabric in the corner (it's lime-ish with yellow dragonflies) I know, I know, I'm preppy, I can't help it. I can wear the dress to work, and for a picnic this weekend, and it was on sale:p But--what color shoes to wear with it? Assuming a sandal or an espadrille (I don't have any espadrilles that will work with it; I have fuschia & turquoise) I tend to get "neutral" sandals because then I can spend more to get a better quality shoe that I can wear with more options (thus, I don't have blue, green, white, pink, etc--I have dark brown, light brown, black....Silver & gold for evening but don't currently have any daytime metallics...Ooh-I lie--I have a matte gold wedge with a cork sole---that might work?)

This kind of preppy look is made from cotton pique or cotton knit, right?

If so, I'd stay away from metallics - just doesn't work with the "country casual" feel of the dress. It would look well with a neutral (camel or vicuna) "unfinished" leather sandal or a neutral (beige, tan) espadrille. And then either of these would work with lots of your other clothing.

Well normally I'd agree that metallic and cotton knit don't go well together, but the model in the photo is wearing silver thongs, and I like the way that looks, so....

I might just have to try on a bunch of things and see what works...I looked in my closet last night and realized that one pair of thongs I thought were tan are darker brown. I do have a mid-brown leather wedge....

Well normally I'd agree that metallic and cotton knit don't go well together, but the model in the photo is wearing silver thongs, and I like the way that looks, so....

I might just have to try on a bunch of things and see what works...I looked in my closet last night and realized that one pair of thongs I thought were tan are darker brown. I do have a mid-brown leather wedge....

Sometimes the stylist working on a shoot just doesn't get it right. Or, whoever is setting up the clothes for a shoot. Look at the other dress, it looks like navy and she is wearing a hot pink sandal??? The sandals stand out more than the dress, doesn't look quite right to me. Look closer at the silver sandals (personally I don't think it's a great look, either) they are ill fitting.

My point being that you should not base choices on what is on a model in a photo shoot, don't always trust glossy ads more than your own sense. Unless you really want your shoes to be the focal point of the outfit a more neutral shoe is a better choice.

I don't like the metallics with this dress, it is a very casual dress and the metallic sandal doesn't look right w/it IMHO. Because this dress is so casual (and cute) you can even wear it w/flip flops or some cute sneakers. As for a sandal, I'd go with a tan/white/cream, if you want to stay more neutral, but of course light blue, green, yellow would be cute too since those are the colors in the dress. I think you could do anything from a thong to a wedge or an espadrille. Espadrilles are way hot this summer - I just love mine!

I'm going to wear my matte gold wedges. I even took pictures last night to post but I ran out of time at home and my computer at work doesn't have an SD card reader so I can't access them right now:o

If you aren't within 3 feet of the shoes, you'd never think they were "gold". From ~10ft, they look like a dark cream. They're somewhat shimmery. They match quite nicely.

For the party we're going to tomorrow night, flip flips or sneakers would not be appropriate. I also didn't want to buy new shoes if I could wear ones I already own.

Promise I'll post the photos when I can:p

Following your link to the shoes you will be wearing, I think they are a much nicer look for the dress than what the model has on.

I would not have even noticed they were gold unless you had written it.

Shoes were great. Except now they have mud all over them:( I didn't know the father of the bride planned a whiffle golf tournament all over the neighborhood. And it had rained quite a bit last week. Oh well. I'll try to get the stain off....If not, I'll have to get another pair--these are a few years old & I've already had to have one part re-sewn. They are extremely flexible in terms of when I can wear them and I want to take them on our Panama Canal cruise in October....

Thess are the pictures I took before the trip....

shoes_side.JPG.66fedfc9ea39c38b3cb6f6d21385ac3f.JPG

Shoes_small.JPG.134b45e786130bacc8a71659695c57d4.JPG

Archived