Botox on a Boat

OMG what next. I have nothing against Botox - trust me I have a face full of it being married to a plastic surgeon - but why on earth would anyone do it on a cruise.

I wonder who will be injecting it - a family doctor? a Nurse? I guess the doctor on the ship is trying to make a few extra bucks. I hope he has enough time to take care of the people he was hired to take care of. Botox takes a few weeks to work so people will not see any results until they are at home. What happens if it didn't work - they won't get their money back - what a scam

It's my understanding that Botox will be offered on Solstice...hmmm. I would be very nervouse going to an unfamiliar doctor - on a ship, no less - for a strictly cosmetic procedure. It's taken me many years to get this wrinkly, puffy face, and I will wear it with pride and a smile !!:D

I certainly hope that passengers who intend to get Botox injections on any ship get the "doctor's" name so a background check can be done prior to the cruise.

What happens if you have a horrific reaction once you've disembarked? Do you have to take another cruise to get the "doctor" to fix your face?

No, thank you. If I'm going to do Botox, it will be from someone who has an office planted firmly on the ground. ;)

fancymeetingyouhere is correct--Botox takes a couple of weeks to work, and often you have to go back to have touch ups done if things don't look exactly right (believe me, I have personal experience with the stuff). No way would I get it on a ship.

And you have to redo it every 3-5 mos--less often the longer you do it. Are you going to go on a cruise to get re-Botoxed every time?

Reading the Daily:

Meet Dr Brad Herman and learn about the new Botox, Restalyne,

and Perlane treatments.

Cosmetic enhancement offerings to include Botox cosmetic and

dermal fillers Restalyne and Perlane.

Elemis to offer Oxydermy facial

Visio Skin Lab to offer free skin analysis on site

Demonstrative treatment room area will feature new

bamboo massage treatment

Oh, the ship is also having Men's Barber services.

Same doc as NCL. ;)

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_060208

I believe RCI has had barber services for several years.

Reading the Daily:

and Perlane treatments.

bamboo massage treatment

I believe Botox was available on our last two cruises.

I'd find the practice highly questionable if the botox treatments were not offered by a licensed dermatologist.

After all, we would want a proctologist performing brain surgery, would we? Just because you're a doctor doesn't mean you're experienced in certain dermatological applications.

Reading the Daily:

and Perlane treatments.

bamboo massage treatment

I don't think with bruising and swelling of injection sites a common event this is fully baked for a passenger, but it will sure keep these boards lively.

These kinds of things are also performed in Medi-Spa environment, so I can see what X is trying to capture.

The Barber services are great idea an I know my DH would enjoy it. :)

I don't think with bruising and swelling of injection sites a common event this is fully baked for a passenger, but it will sure keep these boards lively.

These kinds of things are also performed in Medi-Spa environment, so I can see what X is trying to capture.

The Barber services are great idea an I know my DH would enjoy it. :)

That's another thing....who wants to be walking around on a cruise ship with a swollen, red, bruised face?

You're certainly right....these boards have been and will be hopping for a while. ;)

Hi Everyone !

I'm not too sure about the idea of botox injections on a ship, though I am pretty sure they will have some interest in it. Besides, my botox is big enough as is. Ok, that's my 1 and only botox joke. I know... I should keep my day job :)

Hi Everyone !

I'm not too sure about the idea of botox injections on a ship, though I am pretty sure they will have some interest in it. Besides, my botox is big enough as is. Ok, that's my 1 and only botox joke. I know... I should keep my day job :)

Bad Andy, thanks for the laugh...

I view this as the same type of thing as "teeth whitening". Without debating the merits of a teeth whitening procedure or botox injection, I can't imagine why anyone would want to do any medical procedure on a cruise ship. Yet, they've been offering teeth whitening on ships for years now so there must be a demand.

I'm sure X has done its research and has reason to believe this will be profitable for them.

Takes all kinds. :cool:

Archived