Travel agent didn't place deposit for reservation

tooth-shiner

Simple solution. Move someone from one of the deluxe suites into the penthouse, and keep upgrading people until this unfortunate passenger gets the cabin category she booked...or give them the deluxe suite when they move someone to the penthouse.

Simple solution. Move someone from one of the deluxe suites into the penthouse, and keep upgrading people until this unfortunate passenger gets the cabin category she booked...or give them the deluxe suite when they move someone to the penthouse.

If they can't come up with another solution, this sounds like the best approach to me, too. :cool:

Does anyone know if an independent travel agent is required to carry "errors and omissions' TA Insurance? If so, and she does have this insurance, shouldn't she be able to "fix" this problem?

Who would require such insurance? This assumes travel agencies are regulated.

Having said this, it would be foolish for a travel agent to not maintain a Professional Liability Policy with an E/O rider.

Travel agents are human. As such they are going to make mistakes. We all do. And usually our mistakes have consequences.

That this agent did not blame the cruise line for her mistake is taking ownership of the problem. I have no doubt this agent will make it right, somehow, someway.

......That this agent did not blame the cruise line for her mistake is taking ownership of the problem. I have no doubt this agent will make it right, somehow, someway.

I agree with you, Hammy. It speaks well for her that she admitted it was her error and I also agree she will get a cabin somehow, someway for that person. I certainly hope so.

I also hope the OP comes back to tell us how it all resolves.

This is a terrible story that I hope will have a happy ending. Also a very very good reason for only using reputable TA's. We have used the same one for many years who works for one of the largest cruise line travel agencies in the country.

There are several multi level companies that are soliciting people to become travel agents for a fee of around $200-300 per year. They tell you that if you travel a lot you can save thousands of dollars with TA discounts. I have had a couple of friends approach me with these ML companies and what I found was they are bogus and border on fraudulent. You pay them $300 and take an online test to get your TA "Credentials" and a web site to start booking travel for your friends and your self. Can you imagine if you booked a cruise through one of these inexpierienced Multi Level Travel Agents and your deposit never got posted?:eek:

Not sure why the TA is waiting until Monday?? :confused: HAL Reps are available 7 days a week. I would be on the phone with her today and asking for a resolution.

The departments she needs are closed on the weekend.Since this agent has owned up to the mistake, I would wait to hear what happens.

To the OP..when you say "she owns" her own company , what do you mean by that? Is she a friend of yours?

This is a terrible story that I hope will have a happy ending. Also a very very good reason for only using reputable TA's.

I do understand where you are coming from....just wanted to point out that reputable TAs make mistakes too. We all make mistakes and sometimes those mistakes impact customers.

That this one took ownership of the problem gives me a good vibe. How about you?

I do understand where you are coming from....just wanted to point out that reputable TAs make mistakes too. We all make mistakes and sometimes those mistakes impact customers.

That this one took ownership of the problem gives me a good vibe. How about you?

Hammy, I agree, but I think you have a better chance with a TA in a large agency that can better afford to provide some sort of financial restitution if required. Taking ownership of the mistake is one thing but can that TA make it right financially?

I was more trying to point out there are people out there in cyberland that are trying to pass themselves off as legitimate TA's with no experience or financial backing and just ripping off travelers.

Hammy, I agree, but I think you have a better chance with a TA in a large agency that can better afford to provide some sort of financial restitution if required. Taking ownership of the mistake is one thing but can that TA make it right financially?

I was more trying to point out there are people out there in cyberland that are trying to pass themselves off as legitimate TA's with no experience or financial backing and just ripping off travelers.

I understand. There are thousands of people working part time, from home, linked to host agency software packages and pricing, who have never seen a cruise ship. They are booking clerks. The sad thing is, they make as much and perhaps more than many travel agents with years of experience and knowledge. This happens because consumers have a tendency to choose the agency who gives them the best price.

OP is new to CC or has a new name. We have had several posters come on with sad scenerios. The wonderful people of CC spend a lot of time trying to help them out, and then you don't hear from them again. I think someone is having fun with us.:confused:

I think someone is having fun with us.:confused:

I sincerely hope not, but then we all know that there are some people who keep posting with new names......and having their own version of fun at other people's expense.

I like to bleieve the best in people so I would prefer to believe that this mess got straightened out and she just hasn't thought to come back and let us know what has happened.

I sincerely hope not, but then we all know that there are some people who keep posting with new names......and having their own version of fun at other people's expense.

I like to bleieve the best in people so I would prefer to believe that this mess got straightened out and she just hasn't thought to come back and let us know what has happened.

I surely hope you are correct. However, I have seen this a few times now, and I guess I am getting cynical. I would love to be proven wrong.

I think it so selfish to turn here in a panic when they have a problem and want help/advice and then disappear afterward never having a thought to let us know how it worked out.

It has happened so many times...... Makes me feel a bit 'used' or in the alternative silly for having fallen for the ruse, if that was the case.

Oh well, no one makes us participate here. Just our choice.

This OP's tale of drama and woe reminds me of the thread several weeks ago in which another poster absolutely needed to book a cabin on a sold-out sailing to meet up with whomever(s). Quite the drama ... and, many posters tried to be very helpful to her ... and she just went poof into thin air as well. I wonder if these two fairy tales (if indeed that's what they are) have the same personal origin.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry I didn't get back with the resolution to the problem sooner. I didn't realize anyone really cared about how it turned out. I know better now. CC'ers really do care!! The problem with the dropped reservation has been resolved. The TA miraculously found an available VQ cabin which is the class of cabin the couple had reserved in the first place. Since the last day to pay for the cruise had just passed when this all happened, maybe a few cabins became available and the TA could grab one of them. So, everyone in our party has their cabins, they are paid for and we are anxiously awaiting the sail date of Sept 21 on the Eurodam. Again, thank you for your concern and interest in our situation. Please forgive my tardiness in posting this resolution.:o

I am so sorry I didn't get back with the resolution to the problem sooner. I didn't realize anyone really cared about how it turned out. I know better now. CC'ers really do care!! The problem with the dropped reservation has been resolved. The TA miraculously found an available VQ cabin which is the class of cabin the couple had reserved in the first place. Since the last day to pay for the cruise had just passed when this all happened, maybe a few cabins became available and the TA could grab one of them. So, everyone in our party has their cabins, they are paid for and we are anxiously awaiting the sail date of Sept 21 on the Eurodam. Again, thank you for your concern and interest in our situation. Please forgive my tardiness in posting this resolution.:o

Glad you checked back in and told us the end of the story. Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived