NCL to Cheap to provide Conditioner

CocoKai

Just off our first NCL Pearl cruise to Alaska. I spent an hour writing a review but then it vanished into thin air and never posted. Don't know if I'll have time to rewrite it but I thought I'd warn those traveling to bring conditioner.

It is not available in the staterooms, nor do they have it behind the scenes. You can buy it though in the spa for just $20 a bottle. The conditioner is a good analogy of the entire cruise....sell, sell, sell.

If the lack of conditioner was an issue, I'd be willing to bet the review that went missing was not going to be a complimentary one.

Maybe NCL figures most people either do not use conditioner or bring their own brand, because that is all they will use. I's probably not a matter of being "cheap".

there s probably not much need for conditioner..

kinda waste of money providing something only a

small percentege of passenger s would even use.

something as petty as lack of conditioner should nt

ruin a cruise..more like it was really nit picking

to find something lacking to complain about..

besides, i have nt sailed on any line that did nt try

to sell you one thing or another.

If the lack of conditioner was an issue, I'd be willing to bet the review that went missing was not going to be a complimentary one.

Let's put it this way dingo...in another thread they said cruising on a cargo ship would've been an improvement. I guess cargo ships now provide hair conditioner, but I understand that when you do find space on one, you can never quite be sure what the itinerary will be ROTFL

After being to countless hotels and sailing other lines, I didn't pack conditioner for Alaska because I was really trying to save space for heavy coats, etc. Shampoo and Conditioner is a given ammenity and I too like my own, but it was a sacrafice for ease. I just want others to know that NCL is an exception to the rule.

It is probably a good thing my review didn't post as all the NCL flag wavers would have said that our experience didn't happen. NCL was the worst cruise line I have ever been on. From their embarkation procedure, to the horrendous service and food in the "included" restaurants, to the slimy jewelry salesmen who are pimping for Diamonds International, to all the "activities" that result in selling you something. I've never watched QVC but I feel like I just spent a week in front of the TV being sold.

On the positive side Alaska was amazing and the food in the specialty restaurants was outstanding. NCL was just a method of transportation to get there, nothing more.

Last time I was at Walmart, there were a few hundred kinds of shampoo and a like amount of conditioners. I am guessing there are so many kinds, because different people like different things. My sister in law has at least 12 different kinds in her shower (not that I have seen anything different with her hair!).

For any cruise line to even attempt to satisfy the desires of thousands of people would be insane. What I do not get is why people do not just put their SPECIALLY SELECTED stuff in the suitcase and take it with them.

Sorry that you didn't enjoy your NCL experience but happy that you appreciated the beauty of Alaska.

Can you provide particulars regarding "horrendous" service and food in the restaurants and/or what in particular would prompt you to call a salesperson "slimy"?

It is probably a good thing my review didn't post as all the NCL flag wavers would have said that our experience didn't happen. NCL was the worst cruise line I have ever been on. From their embarkation procedure, to the horrendous service and food in the "included" restaurants, to the slimy jewelry salesmen who are pimping for Diamonds International, to all the "activities" that result in selling you something. I've never watched QVC but I feel like I just spent a week in front of the TV being sold.

Righttt

2081317131_drevil.jpg.c1189e612867bac2d573d71f88169aec.jpg

Thanks for the update. Now I'll add it to my list to pack since I hadn't planned on bringing any since it was supplied on my previous cruises.

Not all of us are super fussy regarding hair products and do like having fewer things to pack, especially liquids.

my cruise on ncl was ruined because the chocolate i got every night was not milk chocolate, i have written a letter to the cruise line and hope to get re-imbursed for my trauma i was made to endure. Oh the humanity

"Slimy salesmen who are pimpin for Diamond International"

Now I've got to say this is the first time I have ever heard someone

say this........The OP is definetly looking for someone to cry them a

river!!!:D :cool:

I was on the Dawn in May. I called NCL before we sailed and asked if they supplied conditioner, shampoo and body lotion. I do this every time I travel.

I also hate to carry extra things, especially liquids.

The rep said "Yes" and I asked her if she was absolutely sure. She said "absolutely".

Well there was no conditioner or body lotion. :mad:

some shampoos have conditioners built in...has anyone hear of "pert"?

if you don't like the sales pitch, why do you listen?

been on the same route, on the NCL star, don't remember hearing one sale pitch... don't shop at those stores, don't pay attention to them, don't notice them, they don't ruin my trips.

Just off our first NCL Pearl cruise to Alaska. I spent an hour writing a review but then it vanished into thin air and never posted. Don't know if I'll have time to rewrite it but I thought I'd warn those traveling to bring conditioner.

It is not available in the staterooms, nor do they have it behind the scenes. You can buy it though in the spa for just $20 a bottle. The conditioner is a good analogy of the entire cruise....sell, sell, sell.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. I can imagine why your review disappeared. First of all I have sailed on several lines in the past few years that only provide a shampoo/conditioner combo out of the dispenser. Second anyone that would base a cruise or even mention something like this has to be overly picky or some such thing. I can think of a few other things I could say, but don't want to get this pulled as well.

Nita

After being to countless hotels and sailing other lines, I didn't pack conditioner for Alaska because I was really trying to save space for heavy coats, etc. Shampoo and Conditioner is a given ammenity and I too like my own, but it was a sacrafice for ease. I just want others to know that NCL is an exception to the rule.

On the positive side Alaska was amazing and the food in the specialty restaurants was outstanding. NCL was just a method of transportation to get there, nothing more.

OMG, conditioner takes up so much room, the thought of packing such a thing and the thought of your hair not looking like you just had it fixed at the same place as John Edwards gets his fixed would be reason to have a horrible cruise. I offer you a special prayer, a prayer your next cruise will be on a line similar to maybe Crystal....Poor baby...

Nita

Oh the humanity

Surely you mean inhumanity :D :D ;)

Mind you, what with the lack of milk chocolate and conditioner, it's no surprise you're at sixes and sevens. Next you'll be telling me there are no free tweezers supplied :eek:

Been on 8 cruises so far. Not a veteran, but definitely not a novice. When I sailed in anything but a suite, never once was conditioner supplied (on RCCL, Princess, or Carnival). And, the only reason we had conditioner on NCL is because we were in a suite. Still, I used my own. Target has a wonderful aisle called "$1.00" travel size. Never had a problem finding an acceptable brand of conditioner in travel size.

Still, I wouldn't let it ruin my cruise (I would have stopped by a convenience store in Alaska). But, I'm curious as to what specifically happened to make the OP's cruise horrible??? Details please............

Archived