Silver Moon Cruise Tours

2Canucks

grammy c- The Olympus 770 looks like a nice camera. I think I saw others with that camera at the stingrays. How clear is the LCD screen to see underwater? That was only my difficulty with a camera in a bag. Do you have any pictures posted...???

I don't know if beer was served on the Silver Moon, but I thought I heard someone ask for it. I didn't see any bottles, but that's probably because they don't want any glass on deck. I'll check with my DH to see if he remembers. I had different rum concoctions, including pina coladas. They were tasty! Maybe send them an e-mail? I mean, if you're not into rum, it's only fair to know what else they'll have aboard, right?! :p

Have a nice weekend!

Debbie

After reading all of these wonderful reviews I had to book this trip. I just received our confirmation today. I will be on this trip in Oct while my future wife and I will be on our honeymoon. She is so excited about seeing the turtles. I'm excited about the pina coladas.:D

...Also, could you tell me about drinks they serve, in particular beer? I've not heard anyone say they did, but I don't DO rum, so will have to take whatever, I guess! Thanks Diane

They definitely serve beer. They also serve wine. My favorite is their rum punch (it is exceptionally good) and others on our trips have raved about the pina coladas as well. I don't recall if they served mixed drinks other than rum based or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Just wondering...do they stop at a beach at any point during the excursion?

No.

For an hour or two they anchor off a nice beach (usually) while they are getting lunch ready and then for a while after lunch. This is great time to swim a bit or just relax on the boat. We usually swim after lunch' date=' diving off the boat and floating on some noodle floats. But it is usually a bit far from the beach to swim over - although if you're so inclined...

511617176_djFpt-M.jpg

No.

For an hour or two they anchor off a nice beach (usually) while they are getting lunch ready and then for a while after lunch. This is great time to swim a bit or just relax on the boat. We usually swim after lunch, diving off the boat and floating on some noodle floats. But it is usually a bit far from the beach to swim over - although if you're so inclined...

Thanks for the info. Beautiful shot. I also checked out your link to the underwater pics...Awesome! This is probably a dumb question but, we don't have a good underwater camera, just a Walmart disposable one...Is it even worth a try with those? We have a nice SLR but can't take that one in the water!:eek:

Thanks for the info. Beautiful shot. I also checked out your link to the underwater pics...Awesome! This is probably a dumb question but' date=' we don't have a good underwater camera, just a Walmart disposable one...Is it even worth a try with those? We have a nice SLR but can't take that one in the water!:eek:[/quote']

Take the disposable waterproof camera with you - you'll at least want to get a few photos of the Turtles.

Thanks to ALL--glad about the beer and wine! Rum is GOOD but it doesn't like ME!:D Sugar content I'm told. Anyway, the 770 camera is an older model and the screen is almost impossible to see, but then I really can't see much from any of them. I've learned to point and click quite good, especially under water. Years of other cameras and practice. Otherwize the camera is wonderful, especially that it is shockproof, totally weather proof, ANY WEATHER and we don't even carry in a case. I am really hard on equipt. and this one has REALLY stood the test. We do deep sea fishing and it get knocked around our boat weekly. No I don't have pics. posted, but am determined to learn how to post one of these days. Someone on this board gave a crash coarse that I might try. To anyone looking to buy a good camera try amozon for the cheapest olympus of that type, whatever the model and get it. Them make sure you do piccasa or simular to get the instant fix we've all learned to love. Digital and the right software is the trick! Also, one very important thing---WASH or rather SOAK that camera in cool water EVERY time you use in salt water! Can't wait till 11/11 to do Aruba and those huge neon blue parrot fish! Did not have the camera the last trip! Will try to learn to post by then! Happy cruising to all leaving berfore me:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, have any of you who have dealt with Silver Moon Catamaran had any problems with them concerning your deposit? I am asked to fax my info for confirmation on a catamaran trip for 2 of $90 half price deposit....credit card number and last 3 digits on back of my card...is this safe? We are working from out of our country the US. I dont feel comforteable about this.....espiacially faxing...

Would love to hear from others who have set up confirmation with Silver Moon Catamaran Service in Barbados.

Thankyou

Hi, have any of you who have dealt with Silver Moon Catamaran had any problems with them concerning your deposit? I am asked to fax my info for confirmation on a catamaran trip for 2 of $90 half price deposit....credit card number and last 3 digits on back of my card...is this safe? We are working from out of our country the US. I dont feel comforteable about this.....espiacially faxing...

Would love to hear from others who have set up confirmation with Silver Moon Catamaran Service in Barbados.

Thankyou

I have done it several times and had no trouble. However, I was in the US and comfortable with my fax. However, I believe if you have scan capabilities you can scan it and put a password on it and then send two separate emails (one w/ the scanned info and a different one w/ the password). This is an awesome excursion!

Thankyou

We booked with them 6 months before sailing and provided all of the same information. We had no problem with them and, as a matter of fact, faxed the information which I think is safer than emailing. They are a reputable company and provide 1st class service and a 1st class experience. I read all of the posts about them before I booked and never read about anyone ever having any problem with the deposit and providing the credit card information. You will have a wonderful day. Try to reserve the the 12 person catamaran-it's more intimate. (I believe it's Silver Moon II).

Originally Posted by shelling4life [img=http://boards12.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif] Hi, have any of you who have dealt with Silver Moon Catamaran had any problems with them concerning your deposit? I am asked to fax my info for confirmation on a catamaran trip for 2 of $90 half price deposit....credit card number and last 3 digits on back of my card...is this safe? We are working from out of our country the US. I dont feel comforteable about this.....espiacially faxing...
Thankyou

Originally Posted by shelling4life viewpost.gif

Thankyou

I have done it several times and had no trouble. However, I was in the US and comfortable with my fax. However, I believe if you have scan capabilities you can scan it and put a password on it and then send two separate emails (one w/ the scanned info and a different one w/ the password). This is an awesome excursion!

How do I set it up after scanning for a password?

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Carnival Victory and visited Barbados on August 5th. We booked the Silver Moon Catamaran tour via the internet and paid the 50% down without problem. It was a great tour and they were very professional. Great lunch and rum punch too! We stopped and swam with the turtles (and tons of fish) as Ben, the captain fed them. Then we went on to a shipwreck where Tony fed the fish again. It was awesome!! We were on the Silver Moon II which held 12 people for a lunch cruise. They also have a Silver Moon III which holds 24 people for lunch.

Hope this helps..

Alex

460179938_SilverMoon000.jpg.7cbd3b575c8720d6acd248f6039cd243.jpg

335171197_SilverMoon001.jpg.65a3f414b4c5dceb7c332e4b3a0d6e7d.jpg

1446408072_SilverMoon002.jpg.27758638e770a36aa93a8767d6a1a398.jpg

978451268_SilverMoon003.jpg.8159133e799b161fb68f9e009f218763.jpg

Hi everyone

Tried to Fax my paper in today and could not get it to go through:(

Did somone say they scanned it in and e-mailed it ? Was that accepted?

Thank you Reader

Yes, we've used Silver Moon twice, and have never been able to get a fax to go through to Barbados. Both time, I scanned and emailed with no problem.

Silver Moon is good but there a ton of other catamaran companies on the island that are just as good.

What areas are you comparing to when you say they are just as good:

Quality of boat?

Service by staff?

Food & drink quality?

Uncrowded boat?

Price?

All of the above?

If there is another company that is as good in all of these areas I'd sure like to know about them!!

All of these go to the same spot for snorkeling and turtles - but otherwise I think they are a bit different - but I'd love to hear about it if I'm wrong. I'm very open to alternatives if they are truly "just as good".

As I understand from it other cruisers El Tigre is just as good but I have not yet used them so I can not truly comment.

I have used other companies that were no better and no worse.

Catamaran companies are like NYC taxi cabs. You just need to get to where you are going safely. All the other perks are slight relevant.

As I understand from it other cruisers El Tigre is just as good but I have not yet used them so I can not truly comment.

I have used other companies that were no better and no worse.

CruisingEasy, have you ever actually used Silver Moon?

Catamaran companies are like NYC taxi cabs. You just need to get to where you are going safely. All the other perks are slight relevant.

I would differ with you on this point. If you look at the catamaran as simple transportation to get you from one snorkeling spot to another, perhaps I could see your point. However, with Silver Moon, the excursion is as much about the catamaran and service as it is about the snorkel stops.

You've got a great crew, a spacious, well maintained catamaran, a limited number of fellow passengers, and a wonderful catered lunch. I've seen the other cats, and I've been on other cats in other islands. I've yet to see any operation (aside from the 6 person daysails in St. Thomas) that compare for quality and service.

I also disagree entirely. For us, Silver Moon is all about the ride - not the places they go. Yes we enjoy the snorkeling and turtles, but that is just a small part of the trip. They could skip these spots and just do the rest of the trip and we'd be just as anxious to enjoy the day there. We're planning on doing our 5th trip on the Silver Moon next year.

What areas are you comparing to when you say they are just as good:

Quality of boat?

Service by staff?

Food & drink quality?

Uncrowded boat?

Price?

All of the above?

If there is another company that is as good in all of these areas I'd sure like to know about them!!

All of these go to the same spot for snorkeling and turtles - but otherwise I think they are a bit different - but I'd love to hear about it if I'm wrong. I'm very open to alternatives if they are truly "just as good".

Last year I booked a swim with turtle catamaran sail through the ship. It was crowded onboard and the spot where the turtles were was even more crowded - there were others boats there. It was not the experience I was hoping for and would like to try it again. Can I expect to be overwhelmed with people at the turtle site no matter whom I sail with? I would like to try Silvermoon.

Last year I booked a swim with turtle catamaran sail through the ship. It was crowded onboard and the spot where the turtles were was even more crowded - there were others boats there. It was not the experience I was hoping for and would like to try it again. Can I expect to be overwhelmed with people at the turtle site no matter whom I sail with? I would like to try Silvermoon.

Unfortunately, the turtle site will be busy no matter who you go with. Silver Moon tries to time it to avoid the worst of it, but it will still be bustling.

CruisingEasy, have you ever actually used Silver Moon?

. I've yet to see any operation (aside from the 6 person daysails in St. Thomas) that compare for quality and service.

You really have a treat in store if ever you get to Antigua. :)

I, too, greatly admire Silver Moon, but Eli's Eco Tour is the absolute best in the Caribbean:

http://www.adventureantigua.com/tour.html

Archived