To all Mariner Club Members

Kamloops50

all I every heard of was a separate check in area for those who have suites. Nothing to do with Mariners. Sounds like a good idea tho to me although on the Inaugural Eurodam cruise, the passengers were mostly Mariners. HAL has a high amount of return cruisers, some who have sailed thousands of days.

Since one becomes a Mariner on one's 2nd HAL cruise (and since HAL has one of the highest repeat customer averages in the cruise industry) a separate line for Mariners would go out the terminal building, down the pier, across the bridge, to the other side of the street, down the metro, up the red light district, passed the front desk of the police station, into the airport baggage claim area, to a waiting HAL "red coat" (airport wait staff) who would give you instructions where to start lining up. It would be a logistical nightmare of the third degree;)

I have a question? :confused::confused:

As members do we have a separate checkin line in the cruise terminal?

This might depend on the port of embarkation.

No. Only luxury suite holders have their own check-in line. The rest of us line up with the other "common folks." :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Since one becomes a Mariner on one's 2nd HAL cruise (and since HAL has one of the highest repeat customer averages in the cruise industry) a separate line for Mariners would go out the terminal building, down the pier, across the bridge, to the other side of the street, down the metro, up the red light district, passed the front desk of the police station, into the airport baggage claim area, to a waiting HAL "red coat" (airport wait staff) who would give you instructions where to start lining up. It would be a logistical nightmare of the third degree;)

Welcome home, Copper. LOVE your new avatar!

actually, how is that any different from those of us who check-in online and get in that line which everyone reports as being so long. Eventually, more and more pax will do the online thing and there you go. Disney has a Castaway Club Line and doesn't seem to be such a big problem. Just a thought that the OP brought up and seems to work on DCL.

actually, how is that any different from those of us who check-in online and get in that line which everyone reports as being so long. Eventually, more and more pax will do the online thing and there you go. Disney has a Castaway Club Line and doesn't seem to be such a big problem. Just a thought that the OP brought up and seems to work on DCL.

In years past (many years :) ) there was a Mariner's Priority check in line. Then the number of Mariners grew to 6,000,000 living Mariners so what would be the point!! :D

:p You made me laugh out loud with your only mildly exaggerated description of the potential Mariner Line. Thanks!

Speedy Check-In Lines:

(1) Medals above copper.

(2) Copper medals.

(3) Belligerent people who "have contacts at headquarters."

(4) Fly-ins who did not have TSA problems.

(5) People who don't say how much quicker it is on other cruiselines.

(6) Women over 70 who are looking for one last date.

(7) Men over 70 who want one last conquest.

(8) Everybody else.

I can remember years ago when we were Southhampton -- Princess has a line for the Circola members to check in. On our cruise there was 95% of thr passengers who were Princess repeaters. That check in line was out of sight. We couldn't even get near the door!! When they realized what was happening, they quickly changed so that we were all taken care of alpabetically. Had they not changed it -- the ship would never have left on time.

Thank you Ma'am! I like yours also although I'm not sure that pooch shares that same sentiment!;)

I like your avatar too!

Looks sort of like the design down the one sleeve of this "Dog the Bounty Hunter" long-sleeved tee I have. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

True, but hey ... us steerage folks have more fun. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Whatever would make you think that?? :D

You think folks in Suites don't have fun?? :confused: HUH??!

There is a seperate line for non US citizens, its usually quite quick, cant wait for Oct to come for my Eurodam and Noordam cruises, hate the flight from the UK, but its worth it to cruise again with my US friends on Hal, audrey:)

Archived