Soda (Pop) Card / Coffee Card

Jospen

Our next cruise is Princess (1st time) Can someone tell me soda cards & coffee cards are please. The last cruise we were on, soft drinks & coffees were free at mealtimes..........

Soft drinks are never free; meal times or otherwise.

Depending on what line you sailed on the last time (It must have been some time ago). RCI was one that supplied soft drinks complimentary at meals, but that was well over 5 years ago. Even they have stopped the practice within the last 5 years.

On Princess, coffee, tea and milk is supplied at meals, and juice at breakfast. Other than that, ships nasty coffee (;)) and tea are the only free drinks offered.

There is no charge for coffee in either the dining rooms or buffet. However, the coffee in those venues is syrup based. The coffee in the buffet is absolutely vile. The dining room's a little better.

The coffee card is used to purchase brewed and specialty coffees at the lounges and cafes. Specialty coffeees are also available in the dining rooms, but there is a charge.

Brewed coffee is $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$25 (+ gratuity) buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the Cafe and other bars that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not tme limited. If there are punchouts remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

There is no charge for coffee in either the dining rooms or buffet. However, the coffee in those venues is syrup based. The coffee in the buffet is absolutely vile. The dining room's a little better.

The coffee card is used to purchase brewed and specialty coffees at the lounges and cafes. Specialty coffeees are also available in the dining rooms, but there is a charge.

Brewed coffee is $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$25 (+ gratuity) buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the Cafe and other bars that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not tme limited. If there are punchouts remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise.

Thanks for the info highlighted above which I just asked about on another thread. So as I understand it, if I buy a coffee card on the first day, use only brewed regular coffee, I can use this same card for all eternity? ;)

Pia

On Princess you can buy a soda card for $4.25/person/day plus 15% tip. It is good for all fountain sodas - not cans. It is good in all bars and restuarants. It is not good for room service.

in may of this year on the diamond, a soda card was $3.95 per day. is it different on different ships/ itineraries? i also read on one of the boards that gingerale was not included in this. it always has been on my cruises.

in may of this year on the diamond, a soda card was $3.95 per day. is it different on different ships/ itineraries? i also read on one of the boards that gingerale was not included in this. it always has been on my cruises.

The soda card cost is the same across all ships in the fleet; it probably went up since May (higher fuel costs seem to be impacting the price of all grocery items, at least here where I live). Ginger ale is included as is anything that comes out of the gun at the bar. You just can't get ginger ale, or anything else, in cans.

Yes, they were not too long ago. I believe they started charging for them in the 90's. This person could have cruised around that time or before and therefore, the drinks could've been free.

I've been travelling Princess since before they were Princess and I don't ever recall getting soda free.

I was wondering where to purchase the coffee card, not the soda sticker/card

You can ask them for the coffee card at the tables set up in front of aft elevators on deck 7 - Promenade deck. We got our soda cards there and he ran and got our coffee cards as well, did it all right there at table on embarkation day.:)

Thanks for the info on where to purchase the coffee cards. I forgot they get unlimited free brewed coffee with the card. We're doing an 18-night cruise in October and I would love to stray from the syrup coffee!

Evie;

I'll be right behind you in line.........

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

ok, here's a dumb coffee card question.

I know you're supposed to buy one soda card per person, and not share the card. Since the coffee card is for a limited number of punches, I assume it's ok to share because they'll punch twice. How does this work for the unlimited brewed coffee, though. Do we each have to get our own coffee card, or can we get brewed coffee for each adult on one card?

ok, here's a dumb coffee card question.

I know you're supposed to buy one soda card per person, and not share the card. Since the coffee card is for a limited number of punches, I assume it's ok to share because they'll punch twice. How does this work for the unlimited brewed coffee, though. Do we each have to get our own coffee card, or can we get brewed coffee for each adult on one card?

Usually, they will give you one brewed coffee with the coffee card, and charge you for the second if you only have one card. So, if you want unlimited brewed coffee for two, two cards need to be purchased.

Once in awhile, you will find a server that won't charge you, but most times they will.

Thanks for the info highlighted above which I just asked about on another thread. So as I understand it, if I buy a coffee card on the first day, use only brewed regular coffee, I can use this same card for all eternity? ;)

Pia

Theoretically, yes. :p

Archived