Another question for you Packers of Alcohol

Curly, I don't understand the big deal. I was the first to post my opinion of your scenario.

Scenario - an imagined or projected sequence of events, esp. any of several detailed plans or possibilities:

I'm sorry, but did I ask for an opinion. I asked a question. You were the first to give an opinion, and a snotty one at that. Obviously you were more interested in asking me why I was doing this and made it seem like I was making some big stupid deal out of something, when all was asked was a question. Eveidently there are some who don't want to answer it, just discuss how far fetched it may be. Why is it you refuse to give a simple answer to a simple question, but continue to belittle the OP for asking it.

What if royal Caribbean decided that they were going to have a NO TOLERANCE POLICY toward alcohol being brought on the ship at Embarkation.

If bought in a port of call it must be checked in upon returning to the ship.

They post sign at the luggage drop off that says they have A NO TOLERANCE POLICY and that this is your last chance to dispose of any alcohol you may have with you, before giving your bags to the porter.

Luggage will be screened as always and in addition randomly searched.

If they catch you, you will be denied boarding, or asked to leave the ship.

NO OTHER OPTIONS.

How would you look at it then??

I'd give up my alcohol and get on board! There, that was easy! If I took alcohol on board, then I'd have to carry 8 to 10 glasses of orange juice back to the room after breakfast every day to mix with, and it would be too much of a hassle for me. I just buy from the bar, and I have no problem with it. Personally, I couldn't imagine switching to another cruise line just because I was not allowed to smuggle alcohol. Thank you all for reading my post! Have a wonderful day!

"Through" you off the side of the ship?:rolleyes:

Hehehee..the joke is on me. :o I never was good at spelling and word meanings. HA!

If they "threw" you off the ship, it sounds less painful than the alternative.

Who is bickering. Seems to me the only ones who are upset, are the packers like you. Where on this thread did I say you should not do anything, or did I make fun of anyone. I asked a question.

Most of you people think RCI is just a money grubbing company, so you are going to show em, & bringing your own booze. OK!

Only one one person on this thread even came close to understanding my question, let alone answer it.

Everyone is allowed to express an idea, or criticism, or opinion here. Did I attack you??

If RCI was really concerned about revenues lost from people bringing on their own booze, then they would do a lot more to prevent it.

I understand that when I go on one of RCI's ships or someone else's, what policies they have and I abide by them, whether I agree with them or not. So do most of the other passengers.

If you want to bring your own, fine, however don't try to justify it. It just makes one look that much sillier.

If you don't like me expressing thoughts or opinions that are either my own, or possibly how someone else may feel about the situation , too bad.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but we DON't take any booze on the ship with us.

OMG

A poster posted a question on an open internet board like CC and got OPINIONS

OMG

Color me SHOCKED

/sarcastic font off

I'm sorry, but did I ask for an opinion. I asked a question. You were the first to give an opinion, and a snotty one at that. Obviously you were more interested in asking me why I was doing this and made it seem like I was making some big stupid deal out of something, when all was asked was a question. Eveidently there are some who don't want to answer it, just discuss how far fetched it may be. Why is it you refuse to give a simple answer to a simple question, but continue to belittle the OP for asking it.

I think you ought to give it a rest. This subject seems to upset you and it sure isn't worth it. Life is too short for such petty bickering.

Touche! But that is just how curley is. :rolleyes:

upfront statment- I have never smuggle booze onboard.

But......If I ever witness anyone being denied boarding because of it:eek:

I would take my cruise dollars to another cruiseline.

Am also aware that I'm very much in the minority in this thinking:)

Well I guess I am in the minority too..because if they were denying boarding, I would go elsewhere too. RCI is the only line that forbids bringing wine/champagne onboard...so there are plenty of other choices.

Curly, you asked a question but it is a rhetorical question based on something that does not exist. This kind of question invites opinion, your not asking for opinions really doesn't matter. The same advice you gave to others applies to you, if you don't want to read opinions - don't read them!

RCI is not about to deny boarding to pax who have a bottle in their luggage. Yes, RCI's documents include language which indicates there is a "potential" for being denied boarding however I have not heard of anyone denied boarding for simple possession of a bottle of alcohol and I very much doubt I will hear about such a story. JMHO....:)

Curly, you asked a question but it is a rhetorical question based on something that does not exist. This kind of question invites opinion, your not asking for opinions really doesn't matter. The same advice you gave to others applies to you, if you don't want to read opinions - don't read them!

RCI is not about to deny boarding to pax who have a bottle in their luggage. Yes, RCI's documents include language which indicates there is a "potential" for being denied boarding however I have not heard of anyone denied boarding for simple possession of a bottle of alcohol and I very much doubt I will hear about such a story. JMHO....:)

Bob you are absolutely correct. Shame on me for thinking that asking a question here would actually get answered in a logical way, and, one would not get flamed about it, either.

Yes this is a far fetched thing, and would probably never ever happen unless some yahoo got into it with their security people for taking away his booze.

I do not agree with RCI, however its their co, and they can do as they please. We as consumers also don't have to cruise with them either. I think most people miss that point, or for some reason just won't admit they don't want to cruise on another line.

If this whole thing was just about the $$$ for RCI, then they would be a lot more agressive at trying to stop it.

"If this whole thing was just about the $$$ for RCI, then they would be a lot more agressive at trying to stop it." - by Curley23

No question money is a part of this. There has been tremendous abuse by passengers on all matters relating to alcohol. My views on RCI's alcohol policy were documented a long time ago. They just don't have a reasonable option for passengers who would like a bar set up in their cabin. The fact that I can't buy a bottle of alcohol for my cabin - at any price - pi**es me off to no end. For me, it has never been about money, it is about convenience.

"If this whole thing was just about the $$$ for RCI, then they would be a lot more agressive at trying to stop it." - by Curley23

No question money is a part of this. There has been tremendous abuse by passengers on all matters relating to alcohol. My views on RCI's alcohol policy were documented a long time ago. They just don't have a reasonable option for passengers who would like a bar set up in their cabin. The fact that I can't buy a bottle of alcohol for my cabin - at any price - pi**es me off to no end. For me, it has never been about money, it is about convenience.

So are you more pi**ed off at RCI or the ingrates who couldn't control themselves and ruined it for everyone else?

It may be about convenience for you but IMO it IS about $$$ with most smugglers. They simply cannot afford to pay the bar bill for their alcohol intake.

My DH and I order drinks from room service, when we want them. We simply tell them not to put ice in them. If we want ice we add our own. Or we will bring a drink back to our suite if that is what we want.

I understand that alcohol is a huge part of some peoples cruises. Great. If that is the case then they should pay RCI for the privledge just as other pax pay for their meals in specialties or buy excursions or jewelry. Why should boozers be allowed to suppliment their experience and others foot the bill?

So are you more pi**ed off at RCI or the ingrates who couldn't control themselves and ruined it for everyone else?

Assumption that is the reason.

It may be about convenience for you but IMO it IS about $$$ with most smugglers. They simply cannot afford to pay the bar bill for their alcohol intake.

Another assumption because your argument can't stand on it's own you need to say that people can't afford to pay.

At least you're predictable - you managed to get raging drunks and too poor in the first 2 paragraphs.

My DH and I order drinks from room service, when we want them. We simply tell them not to put ice in them. If we want ice we add our own. Or we will bring a drink back to our suite if that is what we want.

Yeah, you get to do it the way you want, the rest of us do it the way we want.

I understand that alcohol is a huge part of some peoples cruises. Great. If that is the case then they should pay RCI for the privledge just as other pax pay for their meals in specialties or buy excursions or jewelry. Why should boozers be allowed to suppliment their experience and others foot the bill?

I understand that vacation photos, shore excursions, gambling, etc are a huge part of some people's cruises. Great. If that is the case then they should pay RCI for the privilege just as other pax pay for their meals in specialities or buy excursions or jewelry from RCI instead of outside vendors. Why should those that buy from others than RCI be allowed to suppliment their experience and others foot the bill?

For about the 10,000th time - why do you sail RCCL when you think so little of their other pax?

I love AllieInMD!

Your logical arguments always give me the warm fuzzies!

Thanks for saying what I was thinking so coherently!

BTW Doesn't the title of this forum sound argumentative...passive aggressively speaking?...

What if royal Caribbean decided that they were going to have a NO TOLERANCE POLICY toward alcohol being brought on the ship at Embarkation.

They post sign at the luggage drop off that says they have A NO TOLERANCE POLICY and that this is your last chance to dispose of any alcohol you may have with you, before giving your bags to the porter.

NO OTHER OPTIONS.

Sounds like a fun cruiseline that you are imagining. Imagine, they kick everyone off that were to break any rule for any reason.... Or do you just have a bias against alcohol? It would be fun to watch them debark everyone on formal night. Like I said sounds like a really fun experience... O I am sorry your son went into the solarium, and now we are kicking you off the ship.

jc

NO OTHER OPTIONS.

I think your question is a good one. I don't drink but really don't understand why if you are told what the rules are you don't follow them. I guess booze is so expensive on board it is worth smuggling because people need that much booze to enjoy a cruise??? I hope they video tape the cruise so they know what a good time they had. I have seen people say their bar bill is over $1,000 per week. Gosh, that sounds like a lot of drinks to me. I have been told I can't take my steamer so it is staying home period because it is a rule. I can't take any guns, knives or other weapons either so I guess they will stay home as well. Since the ship belongs to RCL I will follow the RCL rules or choose a different vacation next time. I just don't understand why this is a constant issue and discussion each week. I think they should either fine the smuggler or tell them sorry, you cannot come aboard and oh by the way you can't get your money back because you did not follow the rules.

I'd give up my alcohol and get on board! There, that was easy! If I took alcohol on board, then I'd have to carry 8 to 10 glasses of orange juice back to the room after breakfast every day to mix with, and it would be too much of a hassle for me. I just buy from the bar, and I have no problem with it. Personally, I couldn't imagine switching to another cruise line just because I was not allowed to smuggle alcohol. Thank you all for reading my post! Have a wonderful day!

Bob you are absolutely correct. Shame on me for thinking that asking a question here would actually get answered in a logical way, and, one would not get flamed about it, either.

Alright now Curly, I do believe I answered your question in a logical way, just like you asked. And I didn't flame on you or anyone else. I think you should recognize my post as "Logical"!

Alright now Curly, I do believe I answered your question in a logical way, just like you asked. And I didn't flame on you or anyone else. I think you should recognize my post as "Logical"!

Sorry Aquaman, you are one of the few that gets it.

Sounds like a fun cruiseline that you are imagining. Imagine, they kick everyone off that were to break any rule for any reason.... Or do you just have a bias against alcohol? It would be fun to watch them debark everyone on formal night. Like I said sounds like a really fun experience... O I am sorry your son went into the solarium, and now we are kicking you off the ship.

jc

I know jc, that to imagine RCI would ever go to those extremes to curtail alcohol smuggling is pretty far fetched. I asked the question (and not a hard one to answer) and what is kind of funny, is that maybe 2 people actually said they would go somewhere else. The rest couldn't even dream about doing that. Their reaction is they would rather attack me, or say I'm some kind of idiot for even thinking it. Etc. Etc. Oh Well!

I took plenty of booze aboard Liberty two weeks ago and loved it. Nothing nicer than drinking it on my balcony knowing that I stuck it to them!!!!

Let me get this straight... sitting on your balcony, you were rejoicing because you "stuck it to them."

Somehow, something seems wrong here, but I just can't figure out what it is.

Archived