Creative ways to cover a Dolphin Deck balcony???

High Cs

I agree with Pam. I had a mini suite on the Golden and didn't like it not being covered. Go for a mini on the Emerald deck. I booked my upcoming cruise with a mini on the Emerald deck and the extra large balcony..E729. I'm really looking forward to the cabin and the makeover they are giving the Star.

I was hoping to not have anything dropped or thrown at us from above. Hopefully, there won't be any unsupervised kids (or bored adults) on our cruise.:)

Pam, why do you think the Dolphin deck minis are more expensive than the Emerald deck minis? Midship vs. aft??

I'll check into switching to Emerald deck but either way I promise to be on my best behavior... no balcony club just a few smooches and a little cuddling as we toast the sunset...mmm, can't wait!

I was hoping to not have anything dropped or thrown at us from above. Hopefully, there won't be any unsupervised kids (or bored adults) on our cruise.:)

I'll check into switching to Emerald deck but either way I promise to be on my best behavior... no balcony club just a few smooches and a little cuddling as we toast the sunset...mmm, can't wait!

Whew! Well, that makes me feel better. :p I've always had a covered balcony for that reason too. I've heard stories of stuff being dropped, spit, cigarettes, etc... We are going on the Ruby in January with my sis and BIL and started out on the Baha with covered - got upgraded to Carib with 1/2 covered. Sis wanted the upgrade so we took it (next door). I guess we'll see how we like the 1/2 & 1/2. If it was just me I'd stick with the covered. I don't like people looking at me and I love to stand at the rail in my jammies..............

Pam, why do you think the Dolphin deck minis are more expensive than the Emerald deck minis? Midship vs. aft??
Because they are category "AD," the lowest, least-expensive mini-suite category other than a couple of AE's towards the very front of the ship on Dolphin deck and a couple aft ADs on that deck as well. Other than that, all other mini-suites are higher categories and thus more expensive. Categories are based on people's perceptions of the best categories and thus what they ask for. IMHO, that's not necessarily accurate as many people want the ADs on Emerald deck because they're covered and they are often sold out first. For instance, I saw one person's post that they tend to get seasick but they wanted a balcony so their TA recommended a mid-ship Riviera deck balcony cabin. That's one of the last places I'd recommend for someone who gets seasick because the ship rarely moves only up and down front to back; it rolls from side-to-side so you don't want to be on a higher deck.

Here are photos I took of the AD mini-suites from the outside of the Crown Princess last week. :)

ADminisuite1.jpg.6bcfe4bc38bcdb21fa479fa35870b80b.jpg

ADminisuite2.jpg.98f507770e9cc350473df2134903ac0d.jpg

Whew! Well, that makes me feel better. :p I've always had a covered balcony for that reason too. I've heard stories of stuff being dropped, spit, cigarettes, etc... We are going on the Ruby in January with my sis and BIL and started out on the Baha with covered - got upgraded to Carib with 1/2 covered. Sis wanted the upgrade so we took it (next door). I guess we'll see how we like the 1/2 & 1/2. If it was just me I'd stick with the covered. I don't like people looking at me and I love to stand at the rail in my jammies..............

It has been Caribe for us now for the past 3 cruises and the next 2 to come.:D You can sit under with no problem. I stand at the rail in my jammies. The people below you actually have to turn around and look up.

Ifthey stare too long, thats when you pour water on them......:D :D

It has been Caribe for us now for the past 3 cruises and the next 2 to come.:D You can sit under with no problem. I stand at the rail in my jammies. The people below you actually have to turn around and look up.

Ifthey stare too long, thats when you pour water on them......:D :D

I find it interesting that some people enjoyed what we absolutely detested (BA on the Caribe deck). We felt like "zoo animals" on the open balcony and couldn't stand looking down onto another's balcony or finding cigarette butts on ours. I love Princess, but will never again book a balcony on a ship of that design. Whatever floats your boat...

Archived