Creative ways to cover a Dolphin Deck balcony???

High Cs

How hard is it to change a booking? Is there a fee?

If it is before final payment is due, it is easy to change if the category you want is available.

Princess will not have a cancellation charge at that time, but if you used a travel agent, the agent might.

You will, of course, pay the then current price for the new category you want.

I find it interesting that some people enjoyed what we absolutely detested (BA on the Caribe deck). We felt like "zoo animals" on the open balcony and couldn't stand looking down onto another's balcony or finding cigarette butts on ours. I love Princess, but will never again book a balcony on a ship of that design. Whatever floats your boat...

Off the top of my head not sure what cabins are BA - we are always BB:)

I have never, ever had a cigarette butt on my balcony, nor any type litter at all. When we stand at our railing, it is to look out, not down. And if the people above us like to look at our backs, no problem. :D

I guess it must be those BA people who like to throw things:p

Off the top of my head not sure what cabins are BA - we are always BB:)

I have never, ever had a cigarette butt on my balcony, nor any type litter at all. When we stand at our railing, it is to look out, not down. And if the people above us like to look at our backs, no problem. :D

I guess it must be those BA people who like to throw things:p

BB's are at either end of Caribe.

BA's are in the middle of Caribe and on Lido deck. ;)

So it seems that the largest concern about having an uncovered balcony is the privacy thing over rain and/or sun?

We have an opportunity to change to an aft mini (partially covered) from our mid ship uncovered Dolphin D330 on the IP but decided to stay with the mid ship location...

We don't really much care if someone want's to look at us from behind. :p

Princess should have roll-out awnings that can be used to cover the balconies if desired. That would take care of all the fuss over which balcony cabin to choose.

Question: Can you put a travel washline out on the balcony to hang things to dry?? I use them in the bathroom, but clothes would dry better/quicker on the balcony and not get in our way. If not, can you at least hang them over the chairs?

Question: Can you put a travel washline out on the balcony to hang things to dry?? I use them in the bathroom, but clothes would dry better/quicker on the balcony and not get in our way. If not, can you at least hang them over the chairs?

No. Anything left on the balcony could be a possible fire hazard.

Princess should have roll-out awnings that can be used to cover the balconies if desired. That would take care of all the fuss over which balcony cabin to choose.

No. Anything left on the balcony could be a possible fire hazard.

Or has potential for flying off the balcony and into the ocean which is also a big no-no.

Does anyone know why the Dolphin deck mini's #D73/D733 on the Star and the Grand state that the lower beds cannot be put together? Otherwise they look like they have the larger wrap around balconies.

Also the pictures of the larger Caribe deck balconies, aren't those in the PH suites midship? On the web site the Caribe deck balcony cabins balconies look smaller than the Dolphin Mini's balconies?:confused:

Does anyone know why the Dolphin deck mini's #D73/D733 on the Star and the Grand state that the lower beds cannot be put together? Otherwise they look like they have the larger wrap around balconies.

Because they were originaly configured as a handicap cabin and the beds are bolted to the floor. ;)

Also the pictures of the larger Caribe deck balconies, aren't those in the PH suites midship? On the web site the Caribe deck balcony cabins balconies look smaller than the Dolphin Mini's balconies?:confused:

Yes those are the PH suites amidships on Caribe.

Mike:)

Are the balconies directly above the Dolphin deck the Caribe balconies? They look big!

We had a Carib balcony last summer on the Sapphire to Alaska. It was great for all the time we spent outside. We were traveling with several parties and had adjoining cabins. The dividers were open so we had LOTS of room to spread out.

• 4 weeks later...

No offense to anyone who would like privacy on the Dolphin deck. Please, please, do not put a tarp up. Does anyone but me think that would be very tacky? :o If anyone thinks they won't be happy with Dolphin deck, go to another deck. Dolphin is really not that bad. :)

Archived