Weird cruise critic boards

mii

Perhaps this maintenance will take care of the problems:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=197&a=150

Thanks for that site. What is funny is that this a.m. that notice was not up there as I always look for Announcements and Sticky's. The date says 8/17 and of course today is 8/18. Now I know I am not blind but again thanks for pointing that out.

Marilyn

and to earn my living in this one, I'm a web developer.

I don't mean to bust anybody's chops here, and I don't want to sound like a know-it-all either, but I'd like to get my two cents worth in. It's a knowledgable two cents, so please bear with me folks.

This site gets an enormous amount of traffic. And there're times of the day and the week where more people are likely to be on it than usual. Even if you're running several load-balanced servers, it's hard to keep things on an even keel when traffic goes up and down like a roller coaster.Whoever's in charge of keeping this thing running does a pretty good job of it, in my opinion.

The nature of messageboards like this one is that they require not only data to be read out from the database, but also to be written into it. By many people all at once many times.

I do get a bit impatient sometimes, and I for sure agree that yesterday things were very slow. When I start getting impatient, I remind myself of what a wonderful bargain this messageboard system is at the price I pay for it. :D

Patience, people! ;)

OMG: Now I know I'm in trouble......I need some sort of 12 step program....I'm so, so hooked!

This damn internet "thing!" I can remember back in 1996......not so long ago folks.....we did not have the internet, here! :o

How did I work? How did I get anything done?

Most importantly, how did I book all those cruises and know which one I wanted; and, which was the best deal and what was on this and that deck and on and on?????

How did I shop? It's definitely made my life better but at the same time it's also complicated it! :rolleyes:

In case you haven't seen it, at the top of every board is info from Laura about the site problems.

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=197&a=150[/URL]

It's nice to know that it's being worked on :) .

Add me to the list of those having trouble connecting. Frequent messages that the browser can't open the page.

I have a MAC and use Safari as my browser. I switched to Firefox to see if it helped but it did not. Same situation.

Archived