Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

Looking at it's location on the deck plan cabin E604 on the Island Princess overlooks the front of a tender which are the largest lifeboats onboard.

The view should be similar to that of Sapphire E612 shown below.

[ATTACH]209114[/ATTACH]

If I'm not mistaken it looks like that E604 on the Island Princess has a smaller lifeboat in front and not the big tender as shown on the Sapphire Princess picture.

Theo

Luvseadays We will be on the Star Princess in Jan in obstructed view cabin. We are booked for E405. What cabin for you? perhaps I could go on deck 7 and locate it from below to see what your view is like. BT.

Sorry for not getting back here for the last few days, lots of yard work here in MN. at this time of the year, what with raking, etc., and getting things ready for winter, ugly word, winter, but anyway.

We are in cabin E412, thanks for the offer! Where are you sailing from/to?

If I'm not mistaken it looks like that E604 on the Island Princess has a smaller lifeboat in front and not the big tender as shown on the Sapphire Princess picture.

Theo

You are correct. I was using the Island deck plan from the 2010/2011 Princess Americas cruise book which shows the aft two lifeboats as tenders which is not correct. Checking a shot of the Island indeed show that those last two are regular lifeboat so the view of E604 is over the front of a regular lifeboat. Their location is shown correctly on the Princess web site. The view should be similar to this shot from the Emerald Princess.

EmeraldE220.jpg.d3abd51f3920eedaa5a2f2a8498b9c88.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Sorry for not getting back here for the last few days, lots of yard work here in MN. at this time of the year, what with raking, etc., and getting things ready for winter, ugly word, winter, but anyway.

We were in E406 for our Golden Hawaiii cruise and here is the shot I took of the port side Cat. E partially obstructed view cabins which are located in the center of the ship, between the lifeboat. Cabin E412 would be the second window in front of the lifeboat on the right side and since the Star is a sister ship it should have this view from inside.

DSC07917a.jpg.9f02ff8eb3967474925645bbebae871a.jpg

GoldenE412.jpg.b8ecd4d28ef64b35a1dfd95c1b2833b5.jpg

We were in E406 for our Golden Hawaiii cruise and here is the shot I took of the port side Cat. E partially obstructed view cabins which are located in the center of the ship, between the lifeboat. Cabin E412 would be the second window in front of the lifeboat on the right side and since the Star is a sister ship it should have this view from inside.

[ATTACH]209356[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]209357[/ATTACH]

Was this shot taken before you sailed? Just wondering as on the far left in the photo from the inside looking out, there appears to be a gangway or walkway. If not, do you know what that is?

Thanks.

In January 2012 we are sailing in E405 on Star Princess from Rio Brazil to Santiago Chile. If the obstructed isn't too bad we will sail in E416 on the Diamond Princess from Bangkok Thailand to Beijing China. If we can make do with the obstructed view without missing too much it gives us more to use on the week long pre in Rio and post in Valpo of 4 days. The Far East cruise is 16 days and we want to do 12 days pre/post cruise land tours. If I really don't like the partial obstructed view I suppose I can change the October cruise easily enough (probably will have to rebook anyway once we decide on the precruise not to mention the possibility of FCC credit!) I will try to figure out where E412 is and take a peek. Remind me later as my senior moments seem to be approaching senior hours. :rolleyes:

Anyone know any details about E229 on the Emerald? What kind of OBV cabin it is?

Hi maryellen, your view would be like ours, 1/4 lifeboat 3/4:D view, you can see the horizon no problem! The lifeboats are smaller than the tenders, which makes the view better. P.S. Just got my ccl stocks today!

In January 2012 we are sailing in E405 on Star Princess from Rio Brazil to Santiago Chile. If the obstructed isn't too bad we will sail in E416 on the Diamond Princess from Bangkok Thailand to Beijing China. If we can make do with the obstructed view without missing too much it gives us more to use on the week long pre in Rio and post in Valpo of 4 days. The Far East cruise is 16 days and we want to do 12 days pre/post cruise land tours. If I really don't like the partial obstructed view I suppose I can change the October cruise easily enough (probably will have to rebook anyway once we decide on the precruise not to mention the possibility of FCC credit!) I will try to figure out where E412 is and take a peek. Remind me later as my senior moments seem to be approaching senior hours. :rolleyes:

Thank you also. Yes, we are sailing on the Star in E412, SF to HI. in March.

If you remind me to remind you to take a peek at E412 before you set sail on the Star in Jan., we'll be A-OK! ;) I completely understand those senior issues!

Anyone know any details about E229 on the Emerald? What kind of OBV cabin it is?

Here is a outside shot of Emerald showing the window of port side cabin E228 which is over the front of the right side lifeboat. Cabin E229 is in the same loaction on the starboard side.

attachment.php?attachmentid=209445&d=1318624471

Here is the view from inside Emerald E221 which will have a similar view to E229.

attachment.php?attachmentid=209444&d=1318624144

EmeraldE221.jpg.63ee3814119e4ca2367208e1e7bb4dd2.jpg

DSC08128f.jpg.f799b0f030e7a600109798b91b4e34ea.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

If the obstructed isn't too bad we will sail in E416 on the Diamond Princess from Bangkok Thailand to Beijing China.

I showed Diamond sister ship Sapphire cabin E410 view in my reply above when I should have shown E416 which has a very similar, practically non obstructed view.

attachment.php?attachmentid=209447&d=1318625326

SapphireE416.jpg.f515bbbcbad4339eaa49054d55fe87e9.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Should be the same as this one, E221.

Theo

E221.jpg.7bdf27b052c9f6a7abb8f515afbb84a4.jpg

Did not notice robtulipe's post about E221

Edited by Renmar

You are correct. I was using the Island deck plan from the 2010/2011 Princess Americas cruise book which shows the aft two lifeboats as tenders which is not correct. Checking a shot of the Island indeed show that those last two are regular lifeboat so the view of E604 is over the front of a regular lifeboat. Their location is shown correctly on the Princess web site. The view should be similar to this shot from the Emerald Princess.

[ATTACH]209354[/ATTACH]

Thank you that one is not so bad I got a little scared that my husband would flip when he would see the first one you posted, he will be better with the last one though.

• 4 weeks later...
Any pictures of category "E" on Lido deck on the Caribbean Princess?

There are 4 cabins L101, L102, L103, L104. Cabins, L103, L104 look a bit bigger than the other cabins.

Here's the view from Caribbean Pr cabin L104 which should very similar for the other three cabins there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211991&d=1320913693

CaribbeanL104.jpg.3154876503c597077b27567f74559d62.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

• 3 weeks later...
We booked a guarantee cabin cat G-D P322 on Diamond Princess. This on the 5th floor would you be better with an inside at an higher level? I have to confirm...

Thanks in advance,

If it was me I would take the outside on Plaza anytime over an inside.

Theo