Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

Hi all,

What is in your opinion the best obstructed view cabin to get on the Grand Princess?? Friends of ours are looking to book on the Grand and would like to have a window, not a port hole and obstructed view is ok. Also need to take into consideration the noise from above or below if near lounges or theaters.

Thank you

Tina

Hello everyone,

According to the Port Everglades Harbor Master's Report, the "New" Grand Princess is scheduled to arrive into Fort Lauderdale at 15:00. We will begin a live HDTV broadcast of her arrival (beginning at 14:00) at http://www.PortEvergladesWebcam.com and http://www.PortFever.com

ENJOY!

Lou

http://www.PortEvergladesWebcam.com

Live Streaming HDTV Video with Stereo Sound

You know, I only read through like 6 pages of this, but it really seems someone should create a website where you can post room pictures and search for them by ship name and stateroom number. Or does something like this already exist??

• 4 weeks later...

Just got notified by TA that these were the cabins assigned to our Guarantee reservation. Sailing on 7/27. From previous postings, it seems that E708 is either a total white box black out or some obstruction. Can any please make me feel better about this or anything we can do this far out? TA is out till of office till Monday. I don't know anything about E502. Can anyone help with information on this cabin? These boards are a wealth of information and the kindness of all of you has been truly appreciated. Just feeling deflated after reading 27 pages of responses. Thank you.

Just got notified by TA that these were the cabins assigned to our Guarantee reservation. Sailing on 7/27. From previous postings, it seems that E708 is either a total white box black out or some obstruction. Can any please make me feel better about this or anything we can do this far out? TA is out till of office till Monday. I don't know anything about E502. Can anyone help with information on this cabin? These boards are a wealth of information and the kindness of all of you has been truly appreciated. Just feeling deflated after reading 27 pages of responses. Thank you.
E502 looks OK. Princess will let you change your cabin to another in the same Cat. E708 is an FF, perhaps you could change to another FF, however avoid E514 - 519 as these 6 cabins look at the side of the tenders that are much larger then the lifeboats.

My DDs had E701 (F category) on the Crown. It was a cabin close to the stairs/elevators and there was NOTHING in front of the window. They paid for an obstructed view and got an oceanview cabin. They would HIGHLY recommend this cabin.

Can you switch to this cabin or E702 which is on the other side of the ship.

We picked E403 on Ruby for 30 days as per my signature. Anybody got a pic of that cabin or report on it? Looks pretty clear, that's why we picked it. Although I do believe the LRAD (Long Range Accoustic Device - security/anti piracy) is set up below the window of E403, facing sea, when in Port. Not that it would worry us. We are generally 'obstructed view' cabin people.

Thanks.

Edited by NSWP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think I've spent the last couple of hours trying to search through pictures & posts on this thread & on CC, but I'm not finding the information I'm looking for.

We are wanting to book a cabin on Golden Princess & are looking at cabins on deck 8. Originally I was planning on Cat. E (E402 - E414 port & E401 - E415 starboard) because it said it's only "partially obstructed". But I think I found some pictures that showed one or two of these cabins had a pretty obstructed view. Then I read somewhere here on CC or saw a picture that showed some of the ones that are listed as "obstructed" (Cat. FF?) actually have a less obstructed view than some of the "partially obstructed" depending on the location.

Can someone please give me some advice on what would be a good cabin to book where we will have the least obstructed view? Does anyone have pictures of some great views from these "obstructed" cabins? Any help with this is appreciated. If we could save some money but still have a decent view we would be really happy. Thanks!

I think I've spent the last couple of hours trying to search through pictures & posts on this thread & on CC, but I'm not finding the information I'm looking for.

We are wanting to book a cabin on Golden Princess & are looking at cabins on deck 8. Originally I was planning on Cat. E (E402 - E414 port & E401 - E415 starboard) because it said it's only "partially obstructed". But I think I found some pictures that showed one or two of these cabins had a pretty obstructed view. Then I read somewhere here on CC or saw a picture that showed some of the ones that are listed as "obstructed" (Cat. FF?) actually have a less obstructed view than some of the "partially obstructed" depending on the location.

Can someone please give me some advice on what would be a good cabin to book where we will have the least obstructed view? Does anyone have pictures of some great views from these "obstructed" cabins? Any help with this is appreciated. If we could save some money but still have a decent view we would be really happy. Thanks!

IMO, two of the obstructed view cabins with the best view on the Grand class are E218 and E219, which are cat. GG and overlook the deadend portion of the upper level of the Promenade walkway which is on the Emerald deck.

attachment.php?attachmentid=201479&d=1311636787

Cabin E218

attachment.php?attachmentid=201480&d=1311636787

Cabin E219

GoldenE218.jpg.9f30c0aed2a166b8556334ec6c1dd747.jpg

GoldenE219.jpg.ac3d4f99c97eb12974ae1a37c9677d94.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

IMO, two of the obstructed view cabins with the best view on the Grand class are E218 and E219, which are cat. GG and overlook the deadend portion of the upper level of the Promenade walkway.

attachment.php?attachmentid=201479&d=1311636787

Cabin E218

[ATTACH]201480[/ATTACH]

Thanks, this is just the advice I was looking for! My head was starting to spin earlier, looking at all of the pictures & trying to keep track of all the cabins. This looks like it would be a great view--thanks again!

• 1 month later...
We had E701 on the Emerald Princess for a Mediterranean cruise last year. It is totally UNobstructed and the platform is way below for workers so no need to keep the curtains closed. We loved that cabin! Have a great picture of Mt. Vesuvius in the background taken from this cabin window. Breathtaking!

JDM-- was there any noise from the Club Fusion? I am in E 711 and am more worried about noise than view-- you can email me at bherring4@yahoo.com-- thanks

I don't know if it would help anyone, but P&O have pictures of most of the obstructed views on Ventura and Azura, which have pretty much identical cabin layouts as Crown, Emerald and Ruby.

Here is the Ventura link: https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/VE_obs

If you can't find the cabin on there, try Azura: https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/Azura_obs

Anyone interested in viewing cabins, you can try going to Travel web shots. Search for the name of the ship and then search the cabin number. I did it for my Sapphire Princess cabin E320. I think Sapphire Princess had 53 shots. I did this awhile ago for my October 1st Pacific Coastal. Maybe there will be more cabins posted. I hope I remembered the directions right to find the photos.

Good sailing to all:)

Joanne