Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

Does anyone have pics of either E510 or E707 on the Grand Princess?

Also wondering if the bed is under the window, or is the window off to the side of the cabin, where your able to stand in front of window?

thanks for your help!

The bed in either should be against the side wall as shown in the shot below which is E406 on the Golden Princess. Only the OV cabins that can accommodate a 3rd or 4th passenger have the beds on the outside or window wall to have the bunks over them when down since that is where these are located in the ceiling.

DSC07526a.jpg.b656da4ba2ce7541a6afb9bf2be5234b.jpg

FYI, IMO cabin E707 has the better view as shown by this shot of Golden E708's view. Cabin E707 will have a reversed or mirror view to E708.

GoldenE708.jpg.dec251fb3262288b157e11f8e6188dbc.jpg

Cabin E510 will have a view over a lifeboat similar to this shot of Golden E502's view.

GoldenE502.jpg.28b5f3cbebc52a7b3afc8883ee57f0bf.jpg

Click on to enlarge these shots.

Edited by robtulipe

We picked E403 on Ruby for 30 days as per my signature. Anybody got a pic of that cabin or report on it? Looks pretty clear, that's why we picked it. Although I do believe the LRAD (Long Range Accoustic Device - security/anti piracy) is set up below the window of E403, facing sea, when in Port. Not that it would worry us. We are generally 'obstructed view' cabin people.

Thanks.

We are still in E403 on Ruby, embark Oct 7. So will post a picture of the view, which appears to be ok. For the benefit of others.

Edited by NSWP

Does anyone have any info for the Star E407 Is there a big white box out the window?

Thanks

Tahoe782

Here is the view of cabin E408 , both inside and outside, from Star's sister ship Golden. Cabin E407 should have a similar view from the starboard side. There should be only life raft canisters there and no big white box.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207545&d=1316989196

attachment.php?attachmentid=207546&d=1316989196

GoldenE408.jpg.8401af11f540c6b1691a46c6bf0f69b8.jpg

DSC07918a.jpg.5bcfd982f236307eab6e5633d35774da.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We are still in E403 on Ruby, embark Oct 7. So will post a picture of the view, which appears to be ok. For the benefit of others.

Here's the view from cabin E405 on Ruby's sister ship, Emerald. Cabin E403 view should be similar.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207547&d=1316990192

EmeraldE405.jpg.78634669352fa2720f239afb4287e134.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the great pictures. It is interesting as these cabins are shown in obstructed view catagory, but when you pull up these cabin numbers they do not show obstructed! I even called Princess and they said there are just a few wires....would you believe they even called the engineering division that has the blueprints...and they said just wires. I got an idea that there was a problem when I saw pictures someone took of the ship in port.

These boards are so fantastic...and I can't thank you enough for the pictures. Now it is decision time..we figured on a TA we would just need light:confused:

I took a picture from outside the ship so everyone can see what is covering the windows on these cabins. I was going to try to get a picture before sailing, but the couple were already in their cabin, and they said window completely blocked.:(

Hi

We are in e207 this month on the sapphire, does that mean we will have the same view as e208 or worse. Does anyone have an idea please. We moved from an ii category midship because I cannot bear the 2bunks above us because of banging my head. This was my only alternative. Princess says this is an upgrade but I will get more seasick. I told them if I didn't get sick on the golden last week, it shouldn't be a problem. He then told me that 2days of bad weather is different from 5 out and 8 sea days back :). What was he

trying to tell me?

Melinda

I took a picture from outside the ship so everyone can see what is covering the windows on these cabins. I was going to try to get a picture before sailing, but the couple were already in their cabin, and they said window completely blocked.:(

All four of these cabins' window view is blocked by the service/equipment shed located in front of them which is shown in the first shot. One of the sheds is shown in the second picture which is the view from Crown E706.

attachment.php?attachmentid=208743&d=1317943297

attachment.php?attachmentid=208742&d=1317943297

CrownE706a.jpg.7805a8c3ed006396b3c7db04664c5809.jpg

EmeraldObOV.jpg.783612d13f6415220df39b3f63a8183f.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Hi

We are in e207 this month on the sapphire, does that mean we will have the same view as e208 or worse. Does anyone have an idea please. We moved from an ii category midship because I cannot bear the 2bunks above us because of banging my head. This was my only alternative. Princess says this is an upgrade but I will get more seasick. I told them if I didn't get sick on the golden last week, it shouldn't be a problem. He then told me that 2days of bad weather is different from 5 out and 8 sea days back :). What was he

trying to tell me?

Melinda

Melinda - I don't understand the question about banging your head - are there 3 or 4 of you in the cabin?? We had a cabin on our last trip and the overhead bed is not lowered unless it is used?? Some of these cabins do not need to lower this bed and a rollaway can be used.

Hi

Princess says this is an upgrade but I will get more seasick. I told them if I didn't get sick on the golden last week, it shouldn't be a problem. He then told me that 2 days of bad weather is different from 5 out and 8 sea days back :). What was he trying to tell me?

Melinda

My guess is he is saying that your Oct.22 Sapphire Hawaii and South Seas cruise out of LA will have a lot more sea days, 4 to Hawaii, 4 to South seas and 8 returning to LA, so there is the potential of many rough sea days in a row. IMO he feels with a longer series of rough sea days you are more likely you will be affected by seasickness.

I guess your sailing last week was on the very rough seas Golden Princess repositioning from Vancouver to LA. One person on our upcoming Emerald cruise roll call posted this link to a video if that cruise on their facebook page. If you had no problems on that cruise, I agree the Hawaii and South Seas cruise probably will not be a problem for you either.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruising-Princess-Cruiseline-with-Vickie/240526055979098#!/photo.php?v=10150839426990082

Edited by robtulipe

Hi All,

Thinking of switching from 2 inside cabins on caribe deck to 2 OV obstructed on emerald (ruby princess). Probably e422 or e505. I found some pics on here and the view still looks pretty decent. Do you think it's worth the extra $300 total for the 2 cabins or should I just keep my inside cabins?

First cruise so I'm very indecisive :p Thanks!

Edited by umieesa

Hi All,

Thinking of switching from 2 inside cabins on caribe deck to 2 OV obstructed on emerald (ruby princess). Probably e422 or e505. I found some pics on here and the view still looks pretty decent. Do you think it's worth the extra $300 total for the 2 cabins or should I just keep my inside cabins?

First cruise so I'm very indecisive :p Thanks!

We booked an OV obstructed on the Star for next March. We have done insides, balconies, and unobstructed OV's in the past. Of course in a perfect world, we would always have the balcony, but just could not do it this time, (medical bills), so we decided that our best bet was the obstructed view, at least that way, we will have light in the cabin. Don't think that I could ever sail again w/o some natural light. Saved quite a bit with just some minor obstruction in our sight. I did do a lot of research though before finally choosing the cabin, some have practically nothing blocking the window, others have much more.

Good luck with your choice and happy cruising!

Here is the window view from Sapphire E315 which is over the middle of a lifeboat. Cabins E207 and E208 will have a same view over the middle of a similar size lifeboat.

attachment.php?attachmentid=208740&d=1317941816

We have E208 on our upcoming cruise as well. I think that Cabin E315 is not the same as E208. I found this picture on line. This is of Cabin E209 on the Sapphire which is a mirror image of E208 .

Theo

E209.jpg.654fb277a1f53095df8466b3976fa7cd.jpg

Luvseadays We will be on the Star Princess in Jan in obstructed view cabin. We are booked for E405. What cabin for you? perhaps I could go on deck 7 and locate it from below to see what your view is like. BT.

We have E208 on our upcoming cruise as well. I think that Cabin E315 is not the same as E208. I found this picture on line. This is of Cabin E209 on the Sapphire which is a mirror image of E208 .

Theo

[ATTACH]208841[/ATTACH]

You are correct. Only E207, along with E206 on the port side has the view over the middle of the lifeboat at their location. E208 and E209 overlook the back end of the same lifeboats as your shot shows.

Edited by robtulipe

Does anyone have a pic of E604 on the Island? I wondering if it will be ok or do I need to change. .

Looking at it's location on the deck plan cabin E604 on the Island Princess overlooks the front of a tender which are the largest lifeboats onboard.

The view should be similar to that of Sapphire E612 shown below.

SapphireE612a.jpg.9262d3a95bbb2ab499cc18d4e8f98161.jpg