Photos of view from "Obstructed View" stateroom.

polythenepam

Hi!

We booked inside cabin guarantee on the Ruby Princess, but got a cabin E617 on Emerald deck with fully obstructed oceanview.

Anyone have any experience or pictures from that one on either the Ruby Princess?

Hi!

We booked inside cabin guarantee on the Ruby Princess, but got a cabin E617 on Emerald deck with fully obstructed oceanview.

Anyone have any experience or pictures from that one on either the Ruby Princess?

The link was right above - https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins-601--633

Looks like you are right behind a tender?

Renmar's site is excellent, we generally book OV grade Partially Obstructed View cabins and always refer to Renmar's site before picking out our cabin number. An invaluable resource for those of us who 'dwell amongst the life boats and tenders.'

• 8 months later...

I'm booking 2 obstructed view cabins on Caribbean Princess for next year. I'm interested at cabins E504 and E506. Both looks good at Renmar's website but would appreciate for recent pictures from actual cabin passengers. Anyone has been to these cabin? Thank you in advance.

By that way, we've recently cruised and enjoyed Star Princess. We had E323. I was surprised with the view! Only the bottom half of the window is obstructed by the lifeboat. It was very well worth the price!

I'm booking 2 obstructed view cabins on Caribbean Princess for next year. I'm interested at cabins E504 and E506. Both looks good at Renmar's website but would appreciate for recent pictures from actual cabin passengers. Anyone has been to these cabin? Thank you in advance.

By that way, we've recently cruised and enjoyed Star Princess. We had E323. I was surprised with the view! Only the bottom half of the window is obstructed by the lifeboat. It was very well worth the price!

You might want to have a look at my website again because there are a few changes made for the Caribbean Princess. 504 & 506 have new pictures that show a more realistic view. Hope you are still happy with your choice.

Theo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I am planning a Princess "Crown Princess" Alaska cruise this summer for my family. We are trying to find photos of obstructed view rooms P229,P218,P207,P204, or P201. Does anyone have any photos or comments about being on Plaza level? Other options are E300s, E200s. Thanks!

I was in E209 Golden Princess, which I believe is the same view on the Star and Crown. It was the least obstructed view I've ever seen. The way I found it was to type the room numbers into Google with the name of the ship. For instance of you type E209 Golden, or some other combination DE several posts would come up, pictures, etc. I can email picture if you are interested in that particular room. And you can search Cruise critic the same way. Just the letter and number. There is somebody that has posted quite a few cabin photos.

I am planning a Princess "Crown Princess" Alaska cruise this summer for my family. We are trying to find photos of obstructed view rooms P229,P218,P207,P204, or P201. Does anyone have any photos or comments about being on Plaza level? Other options are E300s, E200s. Thanks!

The cabins on Plaza deck are not obstructed view cabins.

This is the best website to check the views from the cabins on Emerald deck; select your ship from the menu bar on the left side of the screen:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/home

The cabins on Plaza deck are not obstructed view cabins.

This is the best website to check the views from the cabins on Emerald deck; select your ship from the menu bar on the left side of the screen:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/home

Plaza deck Ocean view cabins are most of the time more expensive than the Obstructed view cabins.

Theo

Thank you! The travel company made an error and mistakingly told me those "P" rooms were obstructed views!

Maybe you should get a different travel agent. If you would have booked you might not have received what you wanted.

Theo

There were only 3 Oceanview cabins available on the very low Plaza deck when I booked my cruise which is coming up soon. So I decided to take a shot and book an OV Guarantee. I'm hoping this works out.

Really wanted to do this cruise in any OV cabin except the type where people walk by your cabin. We really like our privacy.

Has anyone recently booked the Caribbean Princess and got their guarantee assignment? Just curious...My understanding is whatever I'm assigned is where we will be.

Thank you.

• 5 months later...
Anyone stay in E618 with photos. I am not sure if I will be happy

mike4gail@yahopo.com

While I have not been in that room, have you checked cruiselinerooms dot com? There is a picture of E624 and from the deck plans that is right in the middle of a life boat. Your room appears to be between 2 life boats. If you want a view, probably all you will see is straight out, if you just want some natural light it may be ok.

Just my thoughts.

Just read post 624. Click on his link and there is a picture.

Edited by barnoner
add info

This was even more obstructed than I thought it would be, and I got very little natural light. The ceiling light glared right into the room and it took them three days to figure out how to turn it off (and there was still some external light shining in.) The front desk suggested I close the black-out curtains, but if I wanted complete darkness I would have booked an inside cabin. Hope this helps :)

obstructed2.JPG.f9e3c39d1c51fe6ccd9e65e85db11f27.JPG

obstructed.JPG.7d6d25778283f2e9c084e6d3eaf2795a.JPG

I want to thank everyone who helped put this together. I found it very useful when booking an obstructed view cabin last week. I was able to suggest a room to the Princess vacation planner. He asked if I would send him a link to the site with all the window views so he could use it.

For anyone enquiring about obstructed view cabins, please check out renmar's wonderful site :

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

When I booked my last two cruises I asked my TA to tell me which obstructed view cabins were open, checked the site and picked the one I found acceptable. Easy! Renmar, we owe you many, many thanks.

We are on the Golden Princess I am not sure if the placement of the life boats are the same we have E618 could you tell if that was between the lifeboats? I will call princess and see. If so that is not except able for us either.

Thanks so much for the info Michael and Gail

E618 on the Golden is between life boats. You can find the picture here https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/golden-grand-star-princess/cabins-601--633

I want to thank everyone who helped put this together. I found it very useful when booking an obstructed view cabin last week. I was able to suggest a room to the Princess vacation planner. He asked if I would send him a link to the site with all the window views so he could use it.

I'm surprised that your vacation planner at Princess did not have that info. As far as I know all Princess vacation planners use my website.

Theo

For anyone enquiring about obstructed view cabins, please check out renmar's wonderful site :

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

When I booked my last two cruises I asked my TA to tell me which obstructed view cabins were open, checked the site and picked the one I found acceptable. Easy! Renmar, we owe you many, many thanks.

Comments like this keep me spending the time to keep the website up to date.

I'm still hoping that some time in the (not too distant) future the moderators at Cruise Critic will decide to make the tread a sticky or maybe even have a link to the website.

Theo