Your best cruise yet?

What/where has been your best cruise up to date?

Trying to lighten up the mood around here with all of the new ship talk....

For us it has been that Meditarranean cruise, nothing has come close to it yet. We are hoping to do it again in 2010 but to the Greek Isles next time.

How about for you?

For me it is a toss up between the Panama Canal and our Alaska. Very different cruise but spectacular each in their own way. I am taking a Europe/Transatlantic in two weeks so that might become my favorite, who knows.

My best cruise is the one I'm on at any point in time. No, I guess that's not what you wanted to hear. So, I'd say my best was our cruise to Alaska. The weather was great, and the scenery.....breathtaking! I'd love to go again but I'll have to wait until either the air fares come down or I accrue enough air miles.

Loved them all. It is so hard to say. It is a toss up between Radiance to Alaska and the Enchantment one I just took on 8/9. I think the two ships are similar in size and I do think that is a nice size. Alaska was just so breath taking. But I also like the sun and we had really great weather in the carribbean this time around and the staff on Enchantment is tops. So, I just can't decide. :confused: :D

Up until a few months ago I would have said our Canada/NE cruise on the Jewel in 2004, when the Jewel was only a couple of months old. Fantastic ship, great itinerary (better than what they are offering now) and a great M&M group.

But now I'm torn.....we cruised to Alaska this past May and it was spectacular! We had been to Alaska in 2005, but in September. Totally different experience this time. I felt that this was the true Alaska.....lots of snow and ice and crisp cold weather. Not to mention that it was a 14 night cruise, so there was twice as much time to enjoy everything. And a terrific group from CC.......go Sourdoughs!

Hmmm......I just can't pick one over the other!

On RCL, I enjoyed Voyager. I know everyone else from Texas keeps saying Rhapsody was better and how they wish it would come back etc. I seem to be in the minority, really loved Voyager the best. Also it went back to Roatan, which I love.

Im waiting to take another cruise from a more distant port, liked the Caribbean Princess a lot doing Eastern on a overpriced group cruise, enjoyed meeting people I had chatted with for 8 months, but wouldnt pay that much again.

Right now Im just looking to do Voyager again next spring, due to the health of my parents, but have Alaska and Panama and Costa Rica on my wish list of ports.

Have only been to the Caribbean (a bazillion times - western, eastern and southern) and to Hawaii. So I would have to say Hawaii. It was a 14 day out of San Diego. It was wonderful.

Linda

Mine was my Hawaii cruise, also. Did it on the Rhapsody in the fall when they were repostioning their ships down from Alaska. Did Hawaii to Ensenada.

Dave

As much as I loved my first cruise, I have to say my favorite cruise so far has been on the Mariner last May.

We had such a great time! It rained a few times, but not enough to ruin the good times. It was also my first balcony.. on the hump! :D

I can't wait to be back on the Mariner in December!

We've had so many lovely cruises, but it isn't hard for me to choose the best one yet.

Not on RCI, but the now defunct American Hawaiian Independence. The ship was far older than any other ship we've ever sailed, a whole lot smaller and absolutely wonderful. The staff and crew were the very best and Hawaii is so beautiful. It was an experience steeped in culture that you just can't get with the mega-ships they are building today.

We're on our first Med cruise in a few weeks, I'm hoping it will surpass that Hawaii cruise :)

Our very first cruise on RCI was on Monarch of the Seas out of San Juan. Even though it was only to the Caribbean...........it made us realize how very special RCI makes you feel on a cruise.

As far as destination goes.............hands down to our 2 cruises that we did over in Australia/NZ on Legend........it even made the long flights over there bearable.

It's impossible to pick just one, we liked different things about each cruise. They were all good, just some things on certain ships we liked better than others but we enjoyed all of them in different ways.

I think the best SHIP was the Mariner, and I will be on that one again in just a few weeks!!

The FIRST one!!!:D :D Even though it was on the little Song of Norway with almost none of the amenities on today's ships, it got us hooked. Since then we have been on better itineraries and nicer ships, but you just can't recreate the magic of that first cruise. ( But I do keep trying:p )

Best cruise - Uniworld River Cruise from Vienna to Nuremburg, then Prague.

After that the Baltic on Celebrity Century.

Then Mediterranean on Regent.

Then Boston to Quebec on Maasdam.

Then Alaska

At the low end of the list - Caribbean on Veendam

Next Cruise - Caribbean on QM2. We'll see if its the ship or the itinerary.

How to compare...

Probably best ever was our second Windjammer Barefoot Cruise which was in February 1998 on the Fantome which was their flag ship and which went down in Hurricane Mitch in October of that same year. It was special because in addition to the itinerary (Antigua to St. Barth's to St. Kitt's and Nevis) and being under sail only for 18 hours straight at one point, we were there for a total solar eclipse, and it turned out we had a retired astronaut on board who was on holiday like the rest of us.

Of the larger ships it's a tough call, but I think I'd have to say my first, and to date, only transatlantic which was on the Brilliance in 2006. How I loved those long sea days.

What/where has been your best cruise up to date?

Trying to lighten up the mood around here with all of the new ship talk....

For us it has been that Meditarranean cruise, nothing has come close to it yet. We are hoping to do it again in 2010 but to the Greek Isles next time.

How about for you?

:cool: 12 day med on Legend. Barcelona to Barcelona with 2 days in Venice. Loved Venice, but biggest surprise was Dubrovnik Croatia. Was not expecting much, but that walled midevil city just blew me away:cool:

Archived