Your best cruise yet?

I have a tie. The jewel of the seas western caribbean but it was not because of the ports nor the ship it was our meet and mingle group who were wild and so much fun...just received an email from our good friends who we met on the Jewel and some of our group are going on Oasis so we are going to join them.

NOS with our family...what a great ship, great time we loved it and our 7688 aft cabin was incredible.

Our best cruise was Venice/Barcelona on Celebrity followed by our first Med cruise on Celebrity in 2002. Nearly up there was our Canary Islands cruise on Voyager of the Seas and our British Isles cruise on, you guessed it, Celebrity....

I have to say my best cruise was last Sept on the CB!! It was a 7-Day to the Eastern Caribb, but it was the CC Friends I met that made the cruise!:p We got along SO well, we are all taking another cruise this Oct to the Mexican Riviera. Yep, best cruise ever!!

It's a tie..

1. Alaska solo on Celebrity Mercury... the scenery was breathtaking and the tablemates at dinner were awesome!
  2. A twelve night repositioning cruise from Tampa to Norfolk (Cozumel, Aruba, Curraco, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas) on Celebrity Horizon with my best friend, my aunt and uncle, and 16 other senior citizens in our group. The ports were great, the weather wonderful, the cruise was long enough and relaxing to the point that we forgot what day it was, and the interaction with our travel group was quite fun despite the generation difference. We had a blast!:)

My best cruise was the one where I finally discovered that my spouse doesn't enjoy cruising so I took my sister instead! We are looking forward to "Sisters Cruise III" next April!

Me too! My husband was bored out of his mind on our first cruise, so now I go with my sister and we too will going on our sisters cruise #3 in April. I can't wait.

As for my favorite so far has been the southern caribbean on the Serenade of the Seas. I loved waking up at a new port every day and loved all the islands we visited. I'm looking forwards to some trips to places other than the Caribbean someday, but for now I need my annual fix of warm sunny beaches and turquoise waters:)

Without a doubt the 15 day full transit of the Panama Canal on the Radiance.

There is absolutely nothing like a 2 week cruise..........we plan to repeat a 2 week transit of the Canal probably in the fall of 2010.

It's a toss up - Explorer of the Seas in 2002, when I finally enjoyed taking a cruise after 2 duds. Or Norwegian Star in 2003 when we were able to upgrade after boarding to a Garden Villa suite for a song (relatively).

Thankfully there has only been one cruise that was a true disaster of epic proportions, and all the rest (even the 2 duds early on) have been in some way a good thing (or much more than a good thing).

and for me, seeing a cruise ship like the Grandeur in person, close up and knowing we were going to board her, well, I will never forget the feelings and emotions - so excited and happy. Best cruise EVER, but well, I have Alaska coming up, so who knows, first will always be special, but Alaska, WOW!

Shoo

With no doubt it was my first RCCL cruise on-board the Song of Norway. She hooked me big time:) . Second favorite is my Alaska cruise on the Legend of the Seas -- it was her second trip so everything was still brand-spanking new and I got to enjoy her and Alaska with my mom!

Jewel of the Seas RT Harwich to Baltics and St. Petersburg in summer of 07! Great Cruise and good CC Members at our Dining table and touring St. Pete.

Equal to me was our Tahitian Princess Cruise RT Tahiti, Polynesia and the Cook Islands this last April. Very good CC Group and Polynesia is unbelieveable.

Love them all though:-)

I have done three cruises in my lifetime all have been special but I think last years cruise on the Jewel of the Seas Eastern Caribbean will rank on top, the cruise was for my dh 50th birthday and he had never cruises we had a Junior Suite and it was so fun to see him experience cruising for the first time.

Loved every minute of that cruise hated to see it end, we are cruising next year on Princess Emerald Princess for 10 nights we will be joined by my sister and brother-in-law.

Christine

My fav cruise was the last one. 14 days Western Europe itinerary aboard the Jewel. We sailed form Harwich, did a few Scandinavian Countries, then south along the coast of the North Sea to Ireland and back to England.

That's a tough call, Alaska was great but it was too short. Panama canal was awesome because it was 2 weeks and had loads of sea days to relax in between ports. Hawaii was also great but sometimes too port intensive and too many sea days on the way back. But we did spend a week prior in Oahu. The Med was awesome too, but so port intensive, you were exhausted when you got home. So I give an edge to Panama canal. caribbean cruises are nice, but did not hold a candle to those other cruises because after awhile one island starts to look like another.

:cool: 12 day med on Legend. Barcelona to Barcelona with 2 days in Venice. Loved Venice, but biggest surprise was Dubrovnik Croatia. Was not expecting much, but that walled midevil city just blew me away:cool:

Yes Croatia was a total surprise for us also, so NON commercial.

My favorite cruise of all is definitely a tie:

1) Royal Majesty Boston to Bermuda on 1996 (first cruise)

2) Jewel of the Seas roundtrip Boston to Eastern Caribbean in 2005

The others were nice but just don't stand out as much as my first and my favorite :p

Happy Cruising!

Our very first cruise on RCI was on Monarch of the Seas out of San Juan. Even though it was only to the Caribbean...........it made us realize how very special RCI makes you feel on a cruise.

As far as destination goes.............hands down to our 2 cruises that we did over in Australia/NZ on Legend........it even made the long flights over there bearable.

Hi Cruisenfever,

A little disappointed with your answer: I thought you would say "the splendour of the seas with the Royal TACOS"?!:D :D

For us it would be our first cruise with Celebrity: Baltic aboard the Century but we still have a soft spot for our 1st cruise ever on the Seaward (NCL) in 1995.

Archived