Poll - Favorite Spirit Class ship

CarnivalPride

What is your favorite Spirit Class ship?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Spirit Class ship?

Well, we all know by now that the Spirit Class are the ships of choice by most cruisers here.

However, I would like to know what is your favorite Spirit Class ship.

I personally loved my experience on the Pride. The atmosphere was very nice. While I haven't been on the other Spirit Class ships, I saw interior shots of them on the television in my stateroom, and seemed to like the Pride the best.

I have only sailed on the Spirit in the Spirit class. She was our 1st ( and ADDICTING.) cruise to Alaska. I will sail the others in the fleet ( the WHOLE fleet, LOL!) but the Spirit will always have a special place in my heart.

Been on 3 of the 4 (missing the Miracle) and would have to rate the PRIDE of the 3 I've been on. The Pride is 40 minutes away and the SPIRIT another 2 hours away. Would rate the Legend my least favorite. :p

Wish somebody would post that's been on all FOUR. :)

But, all other things being equal, would rate the SPIRIT-CLASSED ships as my favorite class of my favorite cruise line. :D

The Pride was extremely nice. I liked the 12th and 13th century artwork and decor by the Art Masters of this time. Truely a classy ship.

Yes, contrary to some posters, I liked the artwork throughout the ship. Especially the humongous Collossus of Rhodes on the atrium wall opposite the glass elevators. When it was constructed it was considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World . . . incredible ! ! :)

(voting has pretty much evened out now)

I've been on all four and really can't choose a favorite.... The spirit class is just my overall favorite class ship.

Just wondering why you say the spirit class is your favorite...have been on Liberty and Valor and loved both but would love to know more about the spirit class and why it is so liked!:)

Just wondering why you say the spirit class is your favorite...have been on Liberty and Valor and loved both but would love to know more about the spirit class and why it is so liked!:)

Why the SPIRIT Class ?

1) in effect DOUBLE PROMENADES. Conquest has "dead-ends", confusing layout, no continuity.

2) one dining room, no galley to get around going to dinner like the Conquest Class where some paxs have to go up to go down ! !

3) Aft Lido Deck completely open to the sea , complete with adult pool, bar and through the doors, the buffet (give me a sleeping bag and I would NEVER leave this deck). :D On the Conquest Class Lido deck is surrounded by steel and glass. Like cruising in a "hotel bar and pool with a window to look at the sea". :eek:

4) On the Spirit Class there are bars and clubs spread throughout the ship. On the Conquest Class Disco, Karaoke, Piano Bar all lumped together. Lushes and lounge lizards love it . . . they can make multiple GRAND entrances and GRAND exits only seconds apart bouncing from one venue to another. :rolleyes:

5) I never noticed any crowding at the buffet stations on the Spirit. Conquest Class was usually a nightmare for me.

Save it ! ! . . . these are My Humble Opinions. :)

(besides, I like pics of obese naked women) :D

I like the ease in navigating the ship.

I like the fact it has only one dining room. Mass confusion trying to get to dinner on the Glory our first cruise; a little easier the second time.

Decor is appealing on all four. The Miracle's dining room grapes are a little over the top, but still like it.

Less cabins equal less people. As much as we enjoyed the Glory the crowds can be overwhelming. Traffic seems to flow better around the spirit class ships.

I like the seating areas along the windows on the Atlantic deck in the lounge areas.

Well, we all know by now that the Spirit Class are the ships of choice by most cruisers here.

I personally loved my experience on the Pride. The atmosphere was very nice. While I haven't been on the other Spirit Class ships, I saw interior shots of them on the television in my stateroom, and seemed to like the Pride the best.

My choice would be whichever one happens to be sailing out of Tampa. :D IMO, the most organized cruise terminal I've been to yet. The only thing that has it beat would be the VIP embarkation at the new Miami terminal.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Spirit Class. Just saw that you're from Rio Rancho! Howdy neighbor! I'm in the East Mountains and business takes me to the west side regularly!:)

Why the SPIRIT Class ?

1) in effect DOUBLE PROMENADES. Conquest has "dead-ends", confusing layout, no continuity.

2) one dining room, no galley to get around going to dinner like the Conquest Class where some paxs have to go up to go down ! !

3) Aft Lido Deck completely open to the sea , complete with adult pool, bar and through the doors, the buffet (give me a sleeping bag and I would NEVER leave this deck). :D On the Conquest Class Lido deck is surrounded by steel and glass. Like cruising in a "hotel bar and pool with a window to look at the sea". :eek:

4) On the Spirit Class there are bars and clubs spread throughout the ship. On the Conquest Class Disco, Karaoke, Piano Bar all lumped together. Lushes and lounge lizards love it . . . they can make multiple GRAND entrances and GRAND exits only seconds apart bouncing from one venue to another. :rolleyes:

5) I never noticed any crowding at the buffet stations on the Spirit. Conquest Class was usually a nightmare for me.

Save it ! ! . . . these are My Humble Opinions. :)

(besides, I like pics of obese naked women) :D

Very well put!!!

My first cruise was on the Miracle and it was better than perfect. My next was on the Glory and WOW what a shock. I was not pleased! Mostly it was that I just didn't know going into it about the things you mentioned - especially ship layout!

I much prefer Spirit class, but if a terrific itenerary or unbeatable deal came along on a Conquest I would probably go on one again. I would just know to set my expectations a little lower and TRY not to compare!:)

Archived