We Are NEVER Leaving Maasdam........ Ever!!!

sail7seas

I'm glad that you are having a wonderful time on the Maasdam! I can't wait until October to board her again myself.

On that note,I'm sorry, but you have to share her with others :p :p :p !! You can't hog her to yourself!!

I'm kidding, just enjoy her for now, because in 57 days, she's mine :D !!!!

Happy sailing!!!!!

Second time around and my 40th birthday cruise on the

MAASDAM!!

10/24/08-11/07/08

Hi Sail,

I envy you the relaxation one gets on your Maasdam.

Tell me - you have cruised that route so many times. - Do you still go on excursions? Or is it the experience on the ship that keeps you going again and again?

Happy anniversary!!! Isn't it great to have a life partner of so many years?

Warmest regards,

Roberta

Hi Hello,

Today we are in Sydney and is common, it is raining here. Out of our many visits, I think it only twice we've been here with sunshine.

YES.... I will reluctantly share the beautiful Maasdam and will disembark when forced to by teams of security and sailors!

It's hard to believe we have only a few days left aboard but know we return in December.

Both weeks, we had the Traditional Mariners Party as there were too many Mariners to be able to run the required two luncheons. Not all could be accommodated in one but seeing as we only have one sea day, it wasn't possible.

DH and I received our Gold Medals this week and it was exciting to receive it on 'our' Maasdam. If I had not had the heart surgery in February, we would still have gotten it on Maasdam as Eurodam was only 13 day cruise but Maasdam 14. We are at exactly 500 days end of this cruise.

The crew is so incredible and taking such good care of everyone. Seems they know in advance whatever it is we could want or need. Then again, seeing how long they've 'been doing this' I guess they really do know.

An experiment on Maasdam this week seems to be working well if our casual observation is correct.

Traditional Dining Times have been brought earlier by 30 minutes. The 8 P.M. seating is now 7:30v P.M. In this port intensive itinerary, the thirty minutes earlier makes it more appealing for more people to attend the shows. They don't want to go to bed too late as many have early morning excursions. The shows seem to be drawing more people this week than last.

Neptune Lounge is fantastic and Abbigal does a great job as Concierge. Pinnacle is as good as any we have ever enjoyed (and that is many). Dining Room Staff great. We love our stewards and Wine stewards. Agus is Supervisor for our section and it's great seeing him again.

Gildus has left Maasdam and I think Volendam will be his next ship...... Dining Room Manager. Sander has replaced him and is terrific. Very efficient, friendly and we enjoy him.

Sorry for a million typos. We didn't bring our laptop so I can't write in word first so I don't use the minutes proof reading.

We are off now and I'll check in later.

Bye for now.

Sail -- have you yet ferreted out the info re: Maasdam's upcoming dry dock? When and what will be done? Will she be left as we love her? Or will she get those extra cabins and move the aft poor?

Congratulations on reaching the 500 days milestone! Wow! Two celebrations on this cruise.

Traditional Dining Times have been brought earlier by 30 minutes. The 8 P.M. seating is now 7:30v P.M.

That's interesting. What time are the shows? They can't be at the "new and improved" :rolleyes: early times, as the 7:00 show wouldn't end in time for 7:30 dinner. Did HAL move it back to 6:30? :eek: Or leave it at 9:30-ish? :)

Congratulations on your 500 day award Sail. And congratulations on being back aboard your beloved Maasdam. Oh yeah, congrasts on that 39 year thingy too.:D We're so glad that you have your sea legs under you once again.

I've sailed with Captain Andre when he was first officeron Prinsendam and also on Eurodam. I've been pretty sure that he would be elevated to captain and so glad to see that it has happened. He's a very capable man and always pleasant to converse with. Be sure to tell him he's not allowed to use his majic markers to touch up any of Captain Card's paintings...:D

DH and I received our Gold Medals this week and it was exciting to receive it on 'our' Maasdam. If I had not had the heart surgery in February, we would still have gotten it on Maasdam as Eurodam was only 13 day cruise but Maasdam 14. We are at exactly 500 days end of this cruise.

The crew is so incredible and taking such good care of everyone. Seems they know in advance whatever it is we could want or need. Then again, seeing how long they've 'been doing this' I guess they really do know.

Neptune Lounge is fantastic and Abbigal does a great job as Concierge. Pinnacle is as good as any we have ever enjoyed (and that is many). Dining Room Staff great. We love our stewards and Wine stewards. Agus is Supervisor for our section and it's great seeing him again.

Wow, congratulations on you gold metal, 500 days and your 39 anniversary all on your cruise, thats terrific. I think we had Abbigal on the Maasdam when were on board, if not there, on one of those other dam ship. She is superb. So glad your having a great cruise.......

Congrats J & DH on your 500 days!!!! Thanks for the drink -- we had a great time meeting you both. So I guess we hit Sidney on the one sunny day, as it was glorious weather all last week.

Say hi to Gander and Captain Andre from us, as well as Kelly in the Signature Shops.

Congratulations, Sail (and DH, of course!) on your 39th anniversary...how special to celebrate aboard your favorite Maasdam! Congratulations, too, on 500 days on HAL! So glad that you checked in here...I've been thinking of you on the Maasdam. :)

Archived