TIme between flights

ron317

Is 1 Hour and 25 Minutes enough time between flight in Philadelphia?

I am flying USAir and not changing airlines.

I would hate to miss the connection since my final destination is Barcelona.

The next flight has a 5 hour and 45 minute layover.

Thanks for your input.

Is 1 Hour and 25 Minutes enough time between flight in Philadelphia?

I am flying USAir and not changing airlines.

I would hate to miss the connection since my final destination is Barcelona.

The next flight has a 5 hour and 45 minute layover.

Thanks for your input.

Sure, as long as your first flight arrives on time!

I would go with the five hour layover. If your flight is delayed then you miss the flight and sometime even if you are able to make the flight your luggage may not get on the flight. If this was me, I would go with an alternative flight.

Keith

I would go with at least a 2 hour layover for an international flight - unless there is another one that could get me there leaving soon after. E.g I had about the same layover on a flight to Rome last year, but there was a second flight that could get me there via London if I missed that. (Also I left a day early.)

but there was a second flight that could get me there via London if I missed that. (Also I left a day early.)

ONLY if there were available seats on the second flight AND they weren't already spoken for - for pax with a higher priority than your ticket. Please don't assume that just because there's another later flight that you'll automatically (or even likely) be put on that flight. Consider it a blessing if you are.

ONLY if there were available seats on the second flight AND they weren't already spoken for - for pax with a higher priority than your ticket. Please don't assume that just because there's another later flight that you'll automatically (or even likely) be put on that flight. Consider it a blessing if you are.

And even if there are availabable seats today they could be sold tomorrow. I really would go with the long layover. It's just not worth the risk of missing your flight due to delays which happen all too frequently.

Keith

i'd take the longer layover....there are some nice parts to the PHL terminal is you have time.....and the international terminal is newish......it isn't a BAD airport to get around, but USAirways isn't always the most timely thing in the sky.......and a little rain REALLY screws things up! (rain ANYPLACE on the east coast!):rolleyes:

And even if there are availabable seats today they could be sold tomorrow. I really would go with the long layover. It's just not worth the risk of missing your flight due to delays which happen all too frequently.

Keith

I agree, especially when travelling on holiday with checked baggage and multiple passengers. I have made deliberately long connections to lower the chance of missing by a day on several occasions - especially if I'm on the last or only flight of the day to my destination. I just sit at the airport and wait rather than stressing out over a tight international connection.

I would recommend that people with long connections consider purchasing a day pass for the airline club you are flying on. I think all major US carriers have this as an option for coach passengers. This makes for much more comfortable stay at the airport. Note that club access is included for business and first class passengers.

Archived