Why you shouldn't smuggle

On our last cruise the cabin steward told us the people who had our cabin the week before left us a bottle of wine. Talk about an honest steward.... he could have taken it for himself and nobody would have been the wiser.

I've smuggled in the past but end up bringing most of it home. I think if I want to drink I'll just buy them on board or in while I'm in port. Good thing we don't drink too much...would hate to miss the ship!:eek:

On our last cruise the cabin steward told us the people who had our cabin the week before left us a bottle of wine. Talk about an honest steward.... he could have taken it for himself and nobody would have been the wiser.

I've smuggled in the past but end up bringing most of it home. I think if I want to drink I'll just buy them on board or in while I'm in port. Good thing we don't drink too much...would hate to miss the ship!:eek:

That is why there was a bottle of wine in our fridge last time we cruised. We threw it out since we don't drink but the room steward never stated anything about it and I know that RC did not give it to us for free just to say hi on our first cruise with them.

- because if you don't pace yourself, and drink it throughout your cruise, you have to finish it all on your last night.

HIC. :eek: :D ;) :rolleyes: :D :D

Chuckle chuckle - when it comes to imbibing, slow and steady wins the race, hic!

You can always share some with new friends that you've just met ---- or someone you'd like to meet.

It's a great ice-breaker!!!!

Ellen, that is a good solution.

OT you have the same first name and my maiden name initials..eem...and my bd is 09/20. its a small world out there.:D

I don't mind leaving some for housekeeping, my compliments;)
We have done that.....we tell them we are doing so.....or else it might wind up being thrown away

That is why there was a bottle of wine in our fridge last time we cruised. We threw it out since we don't drink but the room steward never stated anything about it and I know that RC did not give it to us for free just to say hi on our first cruise with them.
Speaking of throwing it away...........You threw it away????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wish i would find a unopened bottle.........

I agree about smuggling......we rarely do that anymore.........found out we had most left at the end of the cruise........

We needed a thread like this? alcohol always on some peoples minds, what a shame.

tell me, tell me that our sweet love hasn't died...

and giiiveiive me, give me one more chance..

to keep you satisfied..

to keep you

satisfied

you were always on my mind...

you were always...

on my...

mind

:cool:

- because if you don't pace yourself, and drink it throughout your cruise, you have to finish it all on your last night.

HIC. :eek: :D ;) :rolleyes: :D :D

But it does save you the effort of going up and down the hallway that last night, pilfering luggage.

RCI's stupid (IMO) rules about not being able to take on a bottle of Wine while visiting European, or South Americas ports is the reason I refuse to sail with them except in the Caribbean or Mexico. I now sail with Princess. I could see banning hard liquor but a bottle of Fine Wine? Give me a break!!:rolleyes:

RCI's stupid (IMO) rules about not being able to take on a bottle of Wine while visiting European, or South Americas ports is the reason I refuse to sail with them except in the Caribbean or Mexico. I now sail with Princess. I could see banning hard liquor but a bottle of Fine Wine? Give me a break!!:rolleyes:
Im :confused: ..so how come you cruise with them to the Caribbean or Mexico?? Dont need your wine then??:confused:

PS..according to your signature,you'll going on the MA SEPT 31st(which is not possbile),but yet your countdown says 1 day?? Again,your post confuses me....

15_4_118.gif

I think this was a very whimsical and creative thread,

(too bad a poster thought otherwise!) I know Im smiling! LOL

Its Saturday night (okay almost, lol) Im feeling like its Martini time!!

Anyone else?

drunk-1.gif

It's five o'clock somewhere... :D :D :D

The last couple of times I took off what I brought on. I just wasn't worth the aggravation, and I don't think I really needed a drink that bad.

Now, if you could put a foo foo in a bottle........

you CAN....problem is, it will melt (if it's frozen) then all you have is a boozy, syrupy mess.....:eek: :D and what fun is that!

i am really not a traditional martini fan....but i guess i could do one of those apple thinggies, or, hmm something blue??? heck anyone got a mojito??

I do I do! yuuuuuum I love mojitos now if I could just figure out a way to smuggle all the stuff I need to make them......... any ideas?

I need fresh mint (peppermint extract will do in a pinch but NOT the same) I'll need LOTS & LOTS of sugar (again splenda is spendid but NOT the same) then some tonic & fresh limes oh & how will I keep my mint not limp?

I do I do! yuuuuuum I love mojitos now if I could just figure out a way to smuggle all the stuff I need to make them......... any ideas?

I need fresh mint (peppermint extract will do in a pinch but NOT the same) I'll need LOTS & LOTS of sugar (again splenda is spendid but NOT the same) then some tonic & fresh limes oh & how will I keep my mint not limp?

With a little planning it could work. Buy the mint and limes at the last minute before boarding and carefully put them in your checked luggage. along with the white rum in RR Limes will travel well but mint needs to be wrapped in paper towel and protected. Bring the tonic water on board with you since it is not prohibited. Put the mint wrapped in paper towel and limes in the refrigerator in your room. Get the sugar at WJ - they have it for the iced tea and cereal. This just might work. :D:D

i am really not a traditional martini fan....but i guess i could do one of those apple thinggies, or, hmm something blue??? heck anyone got a mojito??

I AM a martini fan but definitely not the traditional kind. Try a French Martini (vodka, chambord, splash of pineapple) or a Tangerine martini (vodka, peach schnapps and a splash of orange soda)

Would be tough getting my ingredients on board.......errrrrrr, I think!?

Forgot to mention, tangerine is best rimmed w/ tang

I AM a martini fan but definitely not the traditional kind. Try a French Martini (vodka, chambord, splash of pineapple) or a Tangerine martini (vodka, peach schnapps and a splash of orange soda)

Would be tough getting my ingredients on board.......errrrrrr, I think!?

Forgot to mention, tangerine is best rimmed w/ tang

Mojitos are my favorite but that French martini sounds REALLY good........they have those onboard??

Archived