Why you shouldn't smuggle

Im :confused: ..so how come you cruise with them to the Caribbean or Mexico?? Dont need your wine then??:confused:

PS..according to your signature,you'll going on the MA SEPT 31st(which is not possbile),but yet your countdown says 1 day?? Again,your post confuses me....

Ween was the last tine you had Caribbean or Mexican fine wine?? and oops Aug 31 Thanks for the heads up on the mistake Mrs. perfect..

I think this was a very whimsical and creative thread,

(too bad a poster thought otherwise!) I know Im smiling! LOL

I agree. I thought it was funny. For those who try to ruin a thread instead of ignoring it... just use the ignore feature...

This is what I see:

screenshottd2.png

:D:D

Ween was the last tine you had Caribbean or Mexican fine wine?? and oops Aug 31 Thanks for the heads up on the mistake Mrs. perfect..

June 13th.........

and thanks for the compliment.......:D :D :D really wasnt necesssary........I just found it kinda odd you cruise RCCL ONLY when the wines dont matter........never heard that reasoning before.......:p

Another reason to keep accumulating those loyalty perks -- being Diamond means you don't have to smuggle all those bottles of champagne on board! (Yeah, we really did that; think one year we took 4 bottles of bubbly, carefully encases in styrofoam bottle holders that my neighborhood coffee shop received flavored syrups in!) Luggage is much lighter now...:D :D

Another reason to keep accumulating those loyalty perks -- being Diamond means you don't have to smuggle all those bottles of champagne on board! (Yeah, we really did that; think one year we took 4 bottles of bubbly, carefully encases in styrofoam bottle holders that my neighborhood coffee shop received flavored syrups in!) Luggage is much lighter now...:D :D
BTY I am Diamond, this does does mean that I might want to sample the fine wines that many countries have to offer.

With a little planning it could work. Buy the mint and limes at the last minute before boarding and carefully put them in your checked luggage. along with the white rum in RR Limes will travel well but mint needs to be wrapped in paper towel and protected. Bring the tonic water on board with you since it is not prohibited. Put the mint wrapped in paper towel and limes in the refrigerator in your room. Get the sugar at WJ - they have it for the iced tea and cereal. This just might work. :D:D

You have a pretty good plan there............except.......the tonic water weighs so much...........I'd opt to pay the $2.20 for the can (including gratuities) and it gives you much more room to smuggle the "good stuff"!:D :D :D

Rick

You have a pretty good plan there............except.......the tonic water weighs so much...........I'd opt to pay the $2.20 for the can (including gratuities) and it gives you much more room to smuggle the "good stuff"!:D :D :D

Rick

Or just get the soda card.......you could have alot of tonic that way......

Not that I know anything about doing something like that with Coke and limes.......and bringing my own rum..;)

BTY I am Diamond, this does does mean that I might want to sample the fine wines that many countries have to offer.

Are you referring to the CL?? You MIGHT be able to sample wine from ONE country...;)

Originally Posted by CruiseDivaNJ viewpost.gif

I AM a martini fan but definitely not the traditional kind. Try a French Martini (vodka, chambord, splash of pineapple) or a Tangerine martini (vodka, peach schnapps and a splash of orange soda)

Would be tough getting my ingredients on board.......errrrrrr, I think!?

Forgot to mention, tangerine is best rimmed w/ tang

Mojitos are my favorite but that French martini sounds REALLY good........they have those onboard??[/quote]

PH8: They sure do! I havent met a RCI bar tender that didnt know how to make one!

I agree. I thought it was funny. For those who try to ruin a thread instead of ignoring it... just use the ignore feature...

This is what I see:

screenshottd2.png

Not sure thats MY thing, I find it tough to ignore the funny stuff lol I like the entertainment and usually smile from it! :D

With a little planning it could work. Buy the mint and limes at the last minute before boarding and carefully put them in your checked luggage. along with the white rum in RR Limes will travel well but mint needs to be wrapped in paper towel and protected. Bring the tonic water on board with you since it is not prohibited. Put the mint wrapped in paper towel and limes in the refrigerator in your room. Get the sugar at WJ - they have it for the iced tea and cereal. This just might work. :D:D

Or you could buy simple syrup. I think there are "mojito" mixers out there, but have never tried them. I prefer the real thing. ;)

I just think there alcohol policy is stupid.

I do believe you have a lot of company in believing that the policy is nothing short of absurd. They really cannot enforce it since it would end up driving a lot of their clientele to other cruise lines so it becomes a no-win situation. Nothing motivates people more than telling them they can't do something that is normal. It all makes you wonder why they even went to the trouble.

I am happy to report that I survived the emergency ingestion of large quantities of brandy, and the long trip home, and am busy catching up on laundry and CC! (not in that order, of course!) :)

Glad to hear you survived!! So when do you do it again?

This is what I see:

screenshottd2.png

:D:D

Excellent idea...never used that feature. But that particular poster is one that will spur me to use the ignore...always sticking her nose in. :rolleyes:

Or you could buy simple syrup. I think there are "mojito" mixers out there, but have never tried them. I prefer the real thing. ;)

I prefer the real thing too...but in a pinch, the mixes are not bad, especially if you add the real mint leaves to them. Maybe you could pick up some of those at Bolero's.

I leave this Saturday.........six days at the parks in Orlando, then a week on the Majesty! :o ;) :D

Did you retire or do you have a gazillion personal days, or maybe mental health days, or is this a NOYB question?;)

My punctuation may be questionable.:o

Personal attacks are never a good idea.

Don't worry..........be happy! :)

OOPS! Didn't intend for it to be a personal attack...just was noting that it was someone that might help me to take advantage of all the nice little options here. ;)

Archived