SD II - 3/6/2009 - We're Booked As Well

MarDav

Greetings from SD2! All is well here...DJ and Mrs. Jbcjtc just waived to the camera, and we are preparing to reposition to honeymoon beach.

Zqvol just went down to work on his blog, and I understand there will be a number of posts by tomorrow at the latest.

Greetings from SD2! All is well here...DJ and Mrs. Jbcjtc just waived to the camera' date=' and we are preparing to reposition to honeymoon beach.

Zqvol just went down to work on his blog, and I understand there will be a number of posts by tomorrow at the latest.[/quote']

Hi DJ'sDH!

Thanks for checking-in. Hope you're having a wonderful time! Looking forward to blog posts & photos.

Cheers!

Greetings everyone from SD1!! Loved meeting everyone at lunch and we are having a fabulous time as expected!! The ports have been changed due to rough seas but we are happy about it. First port-St. John-now we are leaving the Bitter End Yacht Club on Virgin Gorda for Nevis. We had a great lunch at Caneel Bay and ran into the MarDavs in St. John. Captain Swarofsky (well, sounds like the jewels...) He is new to us, but so wonderful, he invited DH to the bridge (DH is an airline Capt and asked too many questions of the ship operations to our waiters, he needs to know how things work!!) we know the invitation was special. He was up there for 2 hours this morning for the trip from St. John to Virgin Gorda. Dr. Jbdjtc, please know that ohmiss' DH is having a wonderful time...WHEW!!!!! So THANK YOU Captain, we know it was a special treat that is not offered to everyone...SeaDream is the best! More later....

Captain Swarofsky (well, sounds like the jewels...) He is new to us, but so wonderful, he invited DH to the bridge (DH is an airline Capt and asked too many questions of the ship operations to our waiters, he needs to know how things work!!) we know the invitation was special. He was up there for 2 hours this morning for the trip from St. John to Virgin Gorda. Dr. Jbdjtc, please know that ohmiss' DH is having a wonderful time...WHEW!!!!! So THANK YOU Captain, we know it was a special treat that is not offered to everyone...SeaDream is the best! More later....

Glad to hear that you are having a good time and enjoying Capt. Bjarne Smorawsky's hospitality (he has been known to answer to Barney also, by the way). He's one of the best. Enjoy the rest of your cruise and keep those reports coming. Thanks.

Off Honeymoon beach, getting ready for dinner...just wanted to post and give you a taste of how incredible this trip has been so far... Here's embarkation to the first part of "the big event":

We taxied from the Caribe Hilton to the Sheraton Old San Juan around noon to meet up with the Cruise Critic gang at a luncheon arranged by Frequent Traveler. A group of 12 very excited SeaDreamers gathered and introduced themselves … and yes there were tiaras for all the women.

From our table we could see SD2 and SD1 berthed next to each others. Anticipation was growing as we shared SD stories as well as cruising stories over lunch. Many in the group kept checking their watches, wishing that time would move faster so we could board SD!

Around 1:45 we collected our luggage from the Bell Staff and made our way to the pier. I’ll admit, I have never moved as fast as I did while towing two rolling suitcases because I couldn’t wait to be back on SD2.

A few minutes after arriving at the pier we placed our luggage on the belt for the security screening (think clearing security at the airport) and were permitted to board SD. As we came out of the terminal building we spotted Capt. Tysse at the top of the gangplank. With a quick walk (okay more like a run) up the gangplank we asked for and were granted permission to board (something we always joke about with Capt. T). There were handshakes and hugs as we finally were on board after many months of anticipation.

We were then introduced to Stephane, our hotel manager for this voyage, and Mary, our Club and Activities Director.

We were given a cool towel and a perfectly chilled glass of champagne. After a few brief minutes, we then were shown to the Main Salon where we waited, per the new procedure, to be shown to the lobby where our photos were taken for our boarding cards. We were then shown to our cabin, 203/205. A few weeks ago I decided that I needed to plan a surprise or two of my own … so I purchased an upgrade to a Commodore Cabin to celebrate our anniversary … actually I knew that we would need the extra room for all the clothes and shoes packed by DJ’s DHJ The upgrade also meant that we would be across the hall from FT and zqvol as well as the jbcjtc’ers.

While sipping on a glass of champagne we unpacked our suitcases as they were delivered to a room.

Before we knew it we had to head on up to Deck 5 for the boat drill. Looking ever stylist in our orange Coast Guard approved life vests we efficiently completed the drill on an overcast day.

For the life of me I couldn’t understand why DJ’s DH was hurrying me along to get to the TOY Bar. When we arrived at the TOY Bar one of my favorite Kenny Chesney’s CD was playing, the sun was shining and the champagne was flowing. Life surely doesn’t get better than this!

But believe it or not it did …

Little did I know that word had somehow gotten around that there would be a special event at the TOY Bar right after the boat drill.

So there in front of Capt. T, our CC friends old and new as well as other members of the SD family the great love of my life my beloved husband dropped to one knee and read a poem he had written and presented me with a beautiful diamond and sapphire engagement ring.

Hi DJ!

I'm so excited to hear from you and to read about your early hours onboard. Sounds like they were very special. Champagne, life boat drill, special poem & bling at the TOYB. What more could a girl ask for?!?

Hope you, and everyone else, continue to have a wonderful time onboard. Looking forward to hearing more.

Please have a glass of champagne for me. :D

Capt. T has just pulled up the anchor and we are now heading toward Tortola after another incredible day and evening on SD2.

Tonight was Disco night at TOY Bar and it was wonderful to sing those songs again ... as well as dusting off some dance moves from our youth:D

As has been the routine, our happy band of travelers headed to the Piano Bar around 11 p.m. to join Edgardo at the piano and of course Zoltan, master mix-master from Hungary. We have continued to play to a standing room only crowd (okay I think it is more a case of watching who gets control of the microphone).

DJ's DH and I actually "left the building" the earliest so far this cruise (11:30 p.m.) since we had a full day of sun and fun ... including jet ski-ing and swinming off the platform.

For those keeping score ... I actually got off the ship on day 3 which is 3 days earlier than normal ... I stepped foot on Honeymoon Beach since it technically is our second honeymoon but that is a story for tomorrow.

The crew and staff are doing an incredible job of keeping us happy. DJ's DH and I keep saying how much we love this nine night itinerary as we and the rest of the passengers as well as the crew and staff have seem to found the groove ... and have seven more nights left:D

Time to turn in ...

Good morning from a very smooth Sir Francis Drake Channel. We are motoring our way to Roadtown Tortola and then on to Peter Island this afternoon.

DJ's DH is still in bed so I thought I would just post a mini update before starting to work on the regular update:p

As ctbjr mentioned Mother Ocean and Mother Nature conspired again this year to change up our itinerary. Thruth being told I personally like the changes that Capt. T has made to the itinerary as we are spending time in around DJ's DH and my favorite islands ... and more importantly other than the first night's run from San Juan to St. John we have had very good sleeping condition (not a whole lot of motion in the ocean) at night.

When we arrived in our cabin on Friday there was a letter from Capt. T explaining the changes in itinerary based on sea and wind conditions. There are six of us who sailed last year on SD1 when we had those unusual swells and high seas. We all agree that we really appreciated Capt. T giving everyone a heads up on the first day on the sea conditions as well as they ports of call.

Here is the sailing schedule per the letter on Sunday:

Saturday, March 7 - Cruz Bay, St. John

Sunday, March 8 - Charlotte Amalie and Honeymoon Beach, St. Thomas

Monday, March 9 - Road Town, Tortola and Peter Island, BVI

Tuesday, March 10 - Gustavia, St. Barth

Wednesday, March 11 - Gustavia, St. Barth

Thursday, March 12 - Marigot, St. Martin

Friday, March 13 - Jost Van Dyke

Saturday, March 14 - Virgin Gorda or Anegada

Sunday, March 15 - Juan

Well DJ's DH is awake and moving around (gotta love having the Commodore Suite so I can work on the computer without disturbing him). Time for us to get our walk in before breakfast!

A lot has happened since I had time to post. I am going to try to catch up.

San Juan – Friday March 6, 2009

Friday arrived blustery and blowing, but sunny. We woke up to the sight of SDI and SD II docked next to each other at pier 1, in Old San Juan.

FT and I had stayed at the Sheraton in Old San Juan, and FT had arranged for all of the CC people to meet for lunch at 12:00 before we boarded the ship.

Disney Jen and her husband DJs DH are across the hall from us, and the jbcjtc are next door, all on deck 2 midships. RaySan and MarDav are also on board but on different decks.

Prior to lunch I had a chance to go to the Polo outlet, and found some good buys. I was also able to finish the work that I had to get done. That was a great relief so that when I boarded the ship I had a clean plate.

Around 1:45 we had the bellmen at the Sheraton get all the bags and load them into a single cab for the transfer to the ship. After a quick walk over we were on SD II in no time at all. As FT and I approached the ship, captain T was at the top of the gangway, and warmly greeted us. FT has know him since she did some crossings with him previously, but this was my first introduction. What a wonderful man!

For those of you used to cruising on SD, they have started using ID cards. This slows the check in process by a few minutes, but it is not a problem, the champagne and hors d’oeuvre’s are plentiful as you wait. As soon as you have your ID you are taken directly to you cabin.

We met our stewardess, Jinky, who is doing a great job taking good care of us. Our luggage was on board within 10 minutes and we were unpacked by 3:00 at the latest. We were off to the TOY for what is quickly turning into a daily routine.

Muster drill was at 5:00 pm. It went without a hitch.

After muster drill, our group of ten from CC, along with quiet a few other passengers were at the Top of the Yacht enjoying cocktails, when DJsDH dropped to one knee and recited a lovely poem that he had written and proposed all over again to his wife of 25 years. Appropriate music was played by the wonderful staff, and drinks were liberally poured by Clint one of the wonderful SD bartenders.

Prior to dinner Mary, the CD, and Capt. T gave the usual speeches, but warned us that getting from San Juan to our first port St. John was going to be like riding Arrowsmith’s Rockin Roller Coaster at Walt Disney World. Everyone was cautioned to take “the pills” which are freely available at the Concierge desk, or to use the patch, which may be purchased for $10 at the desk.

Dinner, in the usual SD fashion was wonderful. The Filet was perfect and service was exquisite. The standard wines were very nice and fit in perfectly. I did not pay a bit of attention to the labels, but trusted Frank, our sommelier to make good selections, which he did. On SD for the most part there is never a reason to need any wine other than the standard pour.

Due to the weather conditions we stayed late in San Juan and sailed at 11:40 p.m. The captain was right it was a rocking night, with 8 to 10 foot seas coming off the port quarter since the were from the north east. I’m not sure when we got to calmer waters but when we awoke Saturday morning we were anchored off Cruz Bay, St. John, USVI.

Looking off our starboard side we saw Sea Dream I anchored beside us. The captain established a tender service first thing. I went into town in the morning and wandered around a bit. St. John is not the shopping or tourist mecca that a lot of other island are, but is quaint in its own way.

Disney Jen and DJsDH renewed their wedding vows in a lovely ceremony at sunset, officiated by the captain, on the back of deck 4. Stephan the Hotel Manager and Mary, the cruise director went out of their way to make the ceremony meaningful. There was even an appearance by DJs favorite person, Kenny, though he caused quite a scene falling down and knocking over a wine bucket that had champagne bottles in it.

Our scheduled stop for Sunday is St. Martin, however due to the swells and high seas Captain T has decided to spend Sunday at St. Thomas. Promptly after the ceremony we weighed anchor and made the journey to St. Thomas harbor, where we anchored with a view of the West India Company Dock, known as Havensight, and downtown Charlotte Amalie. before dinner. As a special treat, in celebration of the vow renewal, we had dinner outside on deck 4 aft. The menu consisted of DJs favorite Osco Bucco. Peter, and Zoltan (what a wonderful sense of humor) took great care of us as we enjoyed our meal. It was nice to have a calm night to eat and sleep, after last night’s rockin and rollin.

We awoke Sunday morning to beautiful Caribbean skies. A tender service was established into Yacht Harbor Grande on St. Thomas. We learned from the captain that he prefers to anchor instead of dock. On SD this is not an issue like on the mass market lines because the tender service is very efficient and frankly the passenger loads are so low that there is never a line for a tender.

I would love to tell you a lot more about St. Thomas but except for a quick run into Havensight to Royal Caribbean, a shop where I always seem to have good luck with electronics, we spent the day lounging in the sun on the aft pool deck.

Around 3:00 p.m. the captain repositioned the ship to Water Island. This took about 30 minutes. For those of you familiar with St. Thomas harbor, this is one of the islands that protects the harbor. We anchored off Honeymoon beach. The reason for the move was to allow the water sports platform to be lowered. The water toys were brought out and swimming was allowed off the back of the yacht. A Zodiac service was established into the beach. FT and I were on the first trip in and when we landed were greeted to the sounds of Kenny Chesney. It seems the locals like his music as much as FT. does.

greetings from Tortola

A bit disappointed that we didn't make Anguilla, but completely understanding the Captain's decision to keep us from tossing and turning any more than we had to. And all's well that ends well.

CTBJR and Mr. Toybar, we thought about you last night as when mentioning to Zoltan the absence of Redstripe at the pool bar he hauled a case downstairs. Also dinner was steak tartare for an appetizer, wild mushroom and truffle soup, lobster and chocolate fondant (Mrs. Toybar - with no Sylvio on board, you could have had two desserts with no problems).

Have to commend Gary and Mario for the great poolbar service - lunch yesterday was spicy Thai shrimp soup and King Crab legs. I had the deck to myself - truly my own yacht for a while. Sunglasses were cleaned not once but twice yesterday pool side - pass around the day before was Haagan Daas ice cream, had a tough time choosing but went with the dulce leche (yuum, uum). Captain's cocktail party was last night and he mentioned that the record weight gain was 12 lbs for a 7 night cruise. I hope I don't approach it. Water toys came out yesterday and DJ DH met his need for speed.

More later . . . or possible not, so much to do and so little time.

FT

Hi DJ, zqvol & FT!

Thanks so much for the time you take to update all of us on your voyage thus far. Sounds like everyone is having a fabulous time. There's something to be said for smooth sailing, isn't there? I remember appreciating calm seas when we sailed last April.

It's good to hear crew names that I recognize (and it makes me long to be onboard).

Mmmmm, the spicy Thai shrimp soup & crab legs. And, here I sit, eating carrots for lunch. :eek:

Hope you all continue to enjoy life, SeaDream style. :D

greetings from Tortola

A bit disappointed that we didn't make Anguilla, but completely understanding the Captain's decision to keep us from tossing and turning any more than we had to. And all's well that ends well.

CTBJR and Mr. Toybar, we thought about you last night as when mentioning to Zoltan the absence of Redstripe at the pool bar he hauled a case downstairs. Also dinner was steak tartare for an appetizer, wild mushroom and truffle soup, lobster and chocolate fondant (Mrs. Toybar - with no Sylvio on board, you could have had two desserts with no problems).

Have to commend Gary and Mario for the great poolbar service - lunch yesterday was spicy Thai shrimp soup and King Crab legs. I had the deck to myself - truly my own yacht for a while. Sunglasses were cleaned not once but twice yesterday pool side - pass around the day before was Haagan Daas ice cream, had a tough time choosing but went with the dulce leche (yuum, uum). Captain's cocktail party was last night and he mentioned that the record weight gain was 12 lbs for a 7 night cruise. I hope I don't approach it. Water toys came out yesterday and DJ DH met his need for speed.

More later . . . or possible not, so much to do and so little time.

FT

Hi FT:

It sounds wonderful. What is the passenger make up? Hope you took lots of pictures.

J & L.

Hi FT:

It sounds wonderful. What is the passenger make up? Hope you took lots of pictures.

J & L.

I have lots of pics that will be on Flickr after we get back. The Internet is too slow to put them up on a daily basis.

I can report that it is a nice passenger mix, all adults, Jim. The captain said 96 total about 30 American, 30 Californians, the rest European.V

I can gladly report that as I post this we are anchored about 150 yards south of Peter island enjoying our second day of water sports. Unfortunately because of BVI rules, no jet skis allowed.

The plan is to leave late tonight and be in St. BArths tomorrow.

More later!

Thanks to FT, DJ, zqvol and even to DJ's DH for the posts. It's great to hear about your experiences and I agree with Cammiem that it's nice to hear names of crew members. Please do keep those posts coming.

I'm particularly pleased to hear that they have replenished the supply of Red Stripe. It was a rather dark day back in November when the last bottle on board was consumed somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic. I hope that Zoltan will save a bottle or two for my impending arrival; however, if not, I have a feeling that there will be satisfactory alternatives available.

Best wishes to you all for a smooth, pleasant and uneventful trip to St. Barths tonight.

Internet is too slow for me to be able to access work e-mail (darn that secure site) so a quick update . . . dining al fresco tonight with cocktails out doors, today's lunch selection was the dutch split pea soup with sausage and the chicken ceasar with tomatos added (from the spa menu, have to try to be good occassionally). Weather was iffy this morning, but we can definitely recommend Brewer's Bay on Tortola. While the water was still too rough from the passing front, looks like there is good snorkeling on the left side of the beach, there is beautiful white sand and a cute little beach bar. Lo and behold - there was a big framed orange "T" (for Tennessee) just outside the bar entrance.

In addition to Zoltan, very capable bartenders Clint and Chad (both from South Africa) have been staying very busy. Last night was "disco" night at the TOYBAR and all I can say is, When It WAS RAINING MEN, it got very interesting . . . passengers had a good time and one office table had to be reinforced today (and no, none of our party was the dancer and yes, clothes were kept on).

FT

Greetings from the beautiful albeit rockin and rollin SD 2! Just back from another glorious dinner ... al fresco of course! Tonight we enjoyed cocktails and dinner (Itlalian Night) off Peter Island and are now heading south to St. Barts.

I just came down from the Piano Bar where Zoltan made sure that my glass of Pelligrino stayed full while I sang along with our very own Piano Man ... Edguardo (at least that is what I call him:eek:). Even FT and zqvol made it to the piano bar tonight!!

Service continues to be excellent ... today I didn't venture far from my Bali Bed or the Office and all I can say is that Christoph (from Germany not to be confused with the Christoph from France), Clint, Chad, Frank, Peter and Zoltan make sure that all is well from where I sit:D

I have been working on my day by day recap while relaxing on the Bali Bed but as you all know so much to do while on board SD! I promise I am taking detailed notes and will try to catch up.

I continue to be amazed with all the attention to detail on SD ... sunglasses are cleaned, glasses are never empty ... and the food has been amazing as always.

Something happened today that will probably make my highlight reel if you will ... We were anchored in Tortola this morning with an anticipated move to Peter Island around 2 p.m. The water and winds in the Sir Francis Drake Channel were fluky to say the least with steady northerly winds which meant the usual anchorage at St. Peter would be rolly.

So what to my wondering eyes did appear around lunch time but our fearless leader Capt. T speeding across the channel in a zodiac after checking the conditions at Peter Island. As he made his way back around SD 2 he made sure to give a hearty wave which I of course returned. DJ's DH thought I had lost my mind ... yet again ... but when Capt. T made his rounds at lunch I was able to confirm that he did in deed command the Zodiac and did wave to those up on the Bali beds... Our fearless leader looked quite dashing in his red and black board shorts, shirt and SD baseball cap.

Capt. T was making sure that we could find a calm anchorage off Peter for water sports (no jet skis because of the BVI regulations) and dinner.

Coincidentially the beach which we anchored off of at Peter is where DJ's DH an I spent a wonderfully romantic afternoon on our 15th anniversary. No one aboard SD knew that we spent our 15th on Peter Island so there is something to be said about fate!!

Well the moon is almost full here ... and I definitely need to head to bed as I need to rest up for St. Barth ... although who knows if I will actually step foot on the island:p

Guess you will have to stay tuned;)

Greetings all from a calm and beautiful St. Barts. Just finished a wonderful lunch which included pizza Margarati (sorry for spelling) a little bit of pasta quatro frommage and incredible lobster risotto with the most perfectly cooked scallops! A glass of champange along with a Sam Pelligrino was in order as well!

FT is in her spot by the pool while I make my way between my Bali Bed and the office where DJ's DH and others are holding hourly meetings over Mic Ultras. Diet Cokes and Sauvignon Blanc:p

Getting ready to go play with the water toys ... DJ's DH feels the need for speed yet again today so I know he will be on the jet ski ... and I will be watching from the platform.

We truly are have one of our best trips ever on SD ... although I know it sounds like I say that everytime we sail on SD.

The water today is a glorious azure blue with a hint of turquoise and there is just enough breeze to keep us comfortable.

Well time to head back upstairs ... I think there may even be a lounger by the pool with my name on it!!

We will have cocktails and dinner outdoors al fresco again this evening ... talk about a perfect way to end yet another outstanding day.

Greetings all from a calm and beautiful St. Barts. Just finished a wonderful lunch which included pizza Margarati (sorry for spelling) a little bit of pasta quatro frommage and incredible lobster risotto with the most perfectly cooked scallops! A glass of champange along with a Sam Pelligrino was in order as well!

FT is in her spot by the pool while I make my way between my Bali Bed and the office where DJ's DH and others are holding hourly meetings over Mic Ultras. Diet Cokes and Sauvignon Blanc:p

Getting ready to go play with the water toys ... DJ's DH feels the need for speed yet again today so I know he will be on the jet ski ... and I will be watching from the platform.

We truly are have one of our best trips ever on SD ... although I know it sounds like I say that everytime we sail on SD.

The water today is a glorious azure blue with a hint of turquoise and there is just enough breeze to keep us comfortable.

Well time to head back upstairs ... I think there may even be a lounger by the pool with my name on it!!

We will have cocktails and dinner outdoors al fresco again this evening ... talk about a perfect way to end yet another outstanding day.

Ah, sounds like another lovely day on SD. Thanks for checking in again.

Saw your vow renewal picture on the blog. What a great couple! I'm sure you'll have wonderful memories of your special day.

Have a great evening in St. Barts! :)

Day 2 from St. Bart's

Its starting off cloudy, but hopefully will burn off.

Yesterday's excursions seem to have been enjoyed. Mary (CAD) led a walking tour (about 20 participants) of the downtown area and from the number of shopping bags, it appears to have been a very successful trip. Water toys came out again and the pool deck is the place to be around 4 p.m.

On the dinner menu - rack of lamb and roasted duck; tuna tartare, sweetbread, french onion soup, and chocolate mousse and strawberry cheesecake.

Last night was the return guest cocktail party and since 50 guests had sailed with SD before, the event was held pool side. Yours truly achieved a goal by being #3 on the most nights sailed. Ultimate goal is of course to be #1. Another tin of caviar disappeared rather quickly at the reception. Cocktail of the day was "french martini" and afternoon passaround was strawberry gazpacho.

Heading off to St. Maarten tomorrow morning. When polled last night, the passengers (or at least a vocal minority) preferred staying in a relatively calm harbor for another peaceful night. Not sure where we will end up on Friday and Saturday, but the Captain is doing his best to keep us in as calm as water as possible.

off to breakfast -

FT

Yours truly achieved a goal by being #3 on the most nights sailed. Ultimate goal is of course to be #1.

FT,

Thanks for the update and congrats to you on being #3 this trip. Those Crossings are really paying off! How many nights do you have now and how many nights did #1 have? Do you anticipate a problem getting your prize through Customs on Sunday?

FT,

Thanks for the update and congrats to you on being #3 this trip. Those Crossings are really paying off! How many nights do you have now and how many nights did #1 have? Do you anticipate a problem getting your prize through Customs on Sunday?

prize? what prize? I must have missed that one . . .I'll ask Captain T the next time I see him. Did you get a prize?

I'm just under 60 nights. #1 had almost 100 nights. Water toys were out again today. DJ's DH and ZQ Vol met the need for speed. I actually made it off the ship today. Shell Beach was good, snorkeling was so so but the water was gorgeous. SD I is parked not too far behind us. We're far enough apart that every so often a freighter goes between us and that's an impressive sight.

Due to rain, last night's dinner was reshuffled and the menu was simplified somewhat. The Thai prawns were omitted - but I've been told they will be available tonight - so CTBJR, we'll be thinking of you when we dive in at dinner.

Today's passaround was ice cream between two thick cookies- looked divine, but were loaded with walnuts or pecans. Food allergies meant I had to pass. Five minutes later, Super Mario was back with a version without nuts. Its this kind of attention that keeps us coming back.

Off to St. Maarten tomorrow morning. Let's see what the seas permit.

FT

Greetings all from beautiful, calm and sunny St. Barts. Quite a different stay in St. Barts than last year's wild ride.

I slept in until almost noon today ... just in time for lunch. One of the many things I love about SD is that anything and everything is possible. I was craving a grilled chicken sandwich with mozarella cheese, lettuce and mayo on a hamburger bun. The food at lunch has been amazing all week but I was looking for some comfort food. While it wasn't on the menu Christophe checked and reported back to me ... "But of course..."

After lunch I retired to my Bali bed for an afternoon of sun and to finish my first book. I did venture down to the pool for a quick dip to cool off. Kept my record intact for not stepping foot on St. Barts for the third year running:p

DJ's DH described the day as perfect as he was able to take the jet ski out (two rides in a row) because there was no one waiting behind him. A little birdy told him which is the faster of the two ... and he was right. DJ's DH's need for speed was once again filled.

This trip far we have had the water toys out the most ... DJ's DH said it makes up for the last two years when the waters were too rough or jet skis were banned (BVI).

Although I haven't looked at the wave charts Capt. T answers my daily questions on the wave and wind report. The man should receive a medal for his patience:D

Time for me to hop in the shower as we are having guests for cocktails and dinner.

I PROMISE I am working on my usual full length and detailed report ... I sit on the Bali bed and write notes every day. I will post that version when we get home since we are having way too much fun ... and I can't read the computer screen while sunning:p

prize? what prize? I must have missed that one . . .I'll ask Captain T the next time I see him. Did you get a prize?

I recall getting a gold Rolex or something like that.

Incidentally, FT, you are leading the way when it comes to the Prolific Poster Award for this week. Thanks for the regular and newsy updates. They are most appreciated.

DJ, on the other hand, is obviously having too much fun to post regularly and has forgotten what it's like to be one of the poor saps sitting at home desperately waiting for newsy tidbits from on board. [Edit: I see that DJ has just posted an update so I will give credit where due, however she remains well behind FT for the PPA (Prolific Poster Award)].

Enjoy the prawns and everything else tonight and best wishes for a painless and uneventful trip to St. Martin (or St. Maarten, as the case may be).

Archived