ebandive

2217 Breeze Pics

11_zps71f9758f.jpg

6_zps33f917fb.jpg

5_zps3a72e676.jpg

9_zpsfb2321d7.jpg

3_zps60946c6c.jpg

14_zps247cd0fc.jpg

The above are pics from 2217 it should be very similar. You will experience waves crashing against the hull of the ship. It will sound like someone hitting the a sledgehammer on metal. The amount of times you will hear it is based on the condition of the seas. You will also hear the thrusters engaging when you pull into port. For me its never an issue, but for anyone sensitive to noise it might be a problem.

Can someone please help us out here?

I tried to read the entire thread and I'm more confused than ever (yes, that's possible).

We decided on an 1a for the attractive pricing on the Victory. But some folks say forward is noisy, waves crashing, anchor dropping, sea sick city.

Others say the ones in the aft have a lot of vibration, propulsion, sea sick city.

Our TA now has these cabins to offer us on the Liberty: 2221, 2212, 2202 and 2444.

Can someone reassure us that 2444 has two beds on the floor? No bunk?

Which one will be less noisy and rock 'n roll-y?

Can someone please help us out here?

I tried to read the entire thread and I'm more confused than ever (yes, that's possible).

We decided on an 1a for the attractive pricing on the Victory. But some folks say forward is noisy, waves crashing, anchor dropping, sea sick city.

Others say the ones in the aft have a lot of vibration, propulsion, sea sick city.

Our TA now has these cabins to offer us on the Liberty: 2221, 2212, 2202 and 2444.

Can someone reassure us that 2444 has two beds on the floor? No bunk?

Which one will be less noisy and rock 'n roll-y?

I had 2444 on a sister ship, Triumph, in 2010. One bed on the floor + a bunk. Those rooms have always been that way. On the Triumph, this room was extremely noisy. For the price we paid & the very large room & 2 picture windows, we were still happy with it.

2221 is not a 1A. It's a category PT (porthole) & will be about $20-$40 higher than a 1A. It will have 2 twin beds that can be pushed together if you wish. 2212 is a 1A & will have a sofa bed for the 2nd bed, so 2 beds on the floor but they cannot be pushed together. Both rooms have 2 portholes. 2202 will not have portholes, but it does have a sofa bed on the floor for the 2nd bed, but cannot be pushed together with the twin.

The least noisy of these rooms will likely be 2221, only a little bit less than 2212 & 2202. All will experience about equal motion if the seas are rough. The waves hitting into the front of the ship is not that bad of a thing if the seas aren't too rough. One of my portholes was on Riviera deck, and we hit unbelievably crazy waves for no apparent reason. Waves were hitting the porthole, and it was noisy, & I got sick for the first time since I was a little kid. But the whole ship was sick, including people staying in midship rooms. Not a single problem for me in any other porthole room. The sound of the waves hitting the ship is almost like white noise, as it's such a regular thing; it actually has helped me to sleep. Any rocking that takes place has also been helpful in sleeping.

The only bothersome noise from the forward porthole rooms is when coming into or leaving port, but you're either awake anyway or you're wanting to get up during those times. Plus, the anchor will only drop for tendered ports. If the ship docks, the anchor doesn't drop (even though some people think it does). The loud noises we had in the aft part of the ship, in room 2444 on Triumph, was all the time, day & night, even when sailing at consistent speeds in calm waters. Some of the noise was loud crashing sounds that sounded like the ship was breaking apart. We still liked the room, but that's a fair warning.

Edited by k2excursion
distracted by a sharknado

The loud noises we had in the aft part of the ship, in room 2444 on Triumph, was all the time, day & night, even when sailing at consistent speeds in calm waters. Some of the noise was loud crashing sounds that sounded like the ship was breaking apart. We still liked the room, but that's a fair warning.

Oh no. No no no no. Thanks for this warning! As everyone is praising cabin 2444 we counted ourselves lucky to grab it. We will now release this baby as soon as that TA wakes up!!!!!!!

Oh no. No no no no. Thanks for this warning! As everyone is praising cabin 2444 we counted ourselves lucky to grab it. We will now release this baby as soon as that TA wakes up!!!!!!!

I have heard that the Triumph's aft on deck 2 is louder than on other ships though. For the cheap price that we got the room for, we did enjoy the room, and just dealt with the noise. The 2 picture windows is very nice, and the size of the room, not including the long hallway, is about 200 sq.ft. So those are the good things that you would lose. But if strange sounds is bothersome enough, I would recommend releasing it, unless people can confirm that Victory's 2444 is better with the noise than Triumph's.

Bear in mind that I was in 2217 on Glory to Bermuda from Norfolk. We took 2 (slow) days to get there but returned in 1-1/2. And we were in the Atlantic in mid-October.

So, YMMV, especially if you're in the Caribbean and it's calm.

But, yes, simply because of the shape of the hull, those forward cabins will get the waves. Aft cabins get more motion than mid-ship, but it's not the same as in the bow. Both forward and aft get vibration from thrusters when docking.

I will also post plenty of pics of 7345 on Conquest when I return. Sadly, all my old pics (including 2217 on Glory) are now just a small red x because they were hosted on Webshots, which turned into a worthless site. Hopefully, Flickr won't follow suit.

I loved room 2444. Beds on the floor, don't worry. They will also form a king. Large room with 2 windows. Nobody had to sleep in a bunk. No real noise I remember. Photos on CruiseLineRooms dot com. Please look and decide for yourself.;)

• 2 weeks later...

I know people have differing opinions on many things, but with regard to noise issue in cabin 2444 on the Triumph, K2play says "No real noise I remember," and k2excursion says "The loud noises we had in the aft part of the ship, in room 2444 on Triumph, was all the time, day & night, even when sailing at consistent speeds in calm waters. Some of the noise was loud crashing sounds that sounded like the ship was breaking apart."

I just booked 2445 after seeing pictures & reading how others just LOVED cabins 2444/2445 & because it's the price of an interior, but has 2 large picture windows, but I may have to re-think this. I can get an inside on deck 6 for only $20 more. I don't plan to be in the cabin much during the day & you can't really see anything out the windows at night anyway. I'm sure I'd have 5 very restless nights if I heard things that sounded like the ship was breaking apart. Eeek!

I know people have differing opinions on many things, but with regard to noise issue in cabin 2444 on the Triumph, K2play says "No real noise I remember," and k2excursion says "The loud noises we had in the aft part of the ship, in room 2444 on Triumph, was all the time, day & night, even when sailing at consistent speeds in calm waters. Some of the noise was loud crashing sounds that sounded like the ship was breaking apart."

I just booked 2445 after seeing pictures & reading how others just LOVED cabins 2444/2445 & because it's the price of an interior, but has 2 large picture windows, but I may have to re-think this. I can get an inside on deck 6 for only $20 more. I don't plan to be in the cabin much during the day & you can't really see anything out the windows at night anyway. I'm sure I'd have 5 very restless nights if I heard things that sounded like the ship was breaking apart. Eeek!

Perhaps K2play sailed the Victory & not the Triumph. Or if they were on Triumph, perhaps K2play had very smooth waters, which would help lessen the noise. Or perhaps the latest drydock for Triumph addressed things that caused the sounds. I'm guessing that K2play was on Victory, since they say that room 2444 has 2 regular beds. I've seen pics of that for Victory. I have not heard of Triumph doing that yet. It was only one bed and an upper on Triumph 3 years ago. I have seen a pic of Triumph 2444 with a rollaway in the room for the 2nd person. But if Carnival puts a 2nd regular bed in 2444/2445 on both ships, it probably won't be long before they re-categorize it as a higher-priced oceanview.

My experience with Triumph 2444 did have quite a bit of noise. The sounds would hit at random times, with no discernable cause, and some would be louder than others. A couple of times, there was a slamming/crashing-like sound that was very loud. But overall, I enjoyed the room, and would sail in it again. But I have heard that Triumph's aft on deck 2 is louder than on other ships, including Victory. If someone can say that they have recently stayed in those rooms (or that area) without any noise issues on Triumph, then maybe Carnival has improved on whatever was causing it 3 years ago. If they have stayed in 2444 or 2445, hopefully they will say whether there were 2 standard beds or not.

If you decide to switch rooms, be careful in picking your interior. Deck 6 has public areas below it, & some spots will be louder than others. You don't want to be above an area that's noisy late into the night. Some of decks 2's interiors are below the galley/kitchen, which is not a good place to be.

Edited by k2excursion

Perhaps K2play sailed the Victory & not the Triumph. Or if they were on Triumph, perhaps K2play had very smooth waters, which would help lessen the noise. Or perhaps the latest drydock for Triumph addressed things that caused the sounds. I'm guessing that K2play was on Victory, since they say that room 2444 has 2 regular beds. I've seen pics of that for Victory. I have not heard of Triumph doing that yet. It was only one bed and an upper on Triumph 3 years ago. I have seen a pic of Triumph 2444 with a rollaway in the room for the 2nd person. But if Carnival puts a 2nd regular bed in 2444/2445 on both ships, it probably won't be long before they re-categorize it as a higher-priced oceanview.

My experience with Triumph 2444 did have quite a bit of noise. The sounds would hit at random times, with no discernable cause, and some would be louder than others. A couple of times, there was a slamming/crashing-like sound that was very loud. But overall, I enjoyed the room, and would sail in it again. But I have heard that Triumph's aft on deck 2 is louder than on other ships, including Victory. If someone can say that they have recently stayed in those rooms (or that area) without any noise issues on Triumph, then maybe Carnival has improved on whatever was causing it 3 years ago. If they have stayed in 2444 or 2445, hopefully they will say whether there were 2 standard beds or not.

If you decide to switch rooms, be careful in picking your interior. Deck 6 has public areas below it, & some spots will be louder than others. You don't want to be above an area that's noisy late into the night. Some of decks 2's interiors are below the galley/kitchen, which is not a good place to be.

Thanks, I'm sure the differing opinions could be due to any one of the scenarios you mentioned. Hopefully I can find a review from someone who has stayed in this cabin since the 2.0 upgrade, etc.

Oh, and the interior cabin for $20 more I was talking about is on deck 7 (Empress Deck), not deck 6 - not sure why I wrote deck 6. I do usually always try to book a cabin on a deck that has cabins above & below for exactly the reasons you mentioned.

I'll do a little more research, but will probably end up keeping 2445 & see what happens :eek:

I've read some posts where people have seen a king sized bed in that cabin or had 2 twins on the floor, but I'll have to go back & confirm that was on the Triumph. Doesn't matter anyway if there's a bunk.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from my Conquest repo cruise in 7345. Will upload all my photos tomorrow and start my review, but I'll also come back and add photos of the cabin.

It was great. Absolutely no noise from the laundry room (occasional LOUD people standing in there in front of the dryer talking over the noise, but only during the day). Great location - 2 decks up to Lido, 2 deck down to Promenade.

Big bed (sailed solo), plenty of closet space and shelf space in the bathroom. Would definitely pick this cabin again.

Conquest 7345 - when you enter the cabin, the bathroom is on your right, the closets are on your left with the tv and desk past them. Bed is straight ahead. I slept on the left side (behind the bathroom wall) to keep the light from around the door from shining in my eyes!

Photos, as promised...

11101627324_1b314232a6_z.jpg

Looking into the cabin from in front of the bathroom door. Nice, big bed. The unused bunk is just above the blue painting on the forward wall of the cabin.

11101626954_18c9653854_z.jpg

Taken from the corner of the bed, against the bathroom wall.

11101609706_c3a83dfde3_z.jpg

From foot of bed looking back toward closets and door.

11101541305_c2de58d900_z.jpg

Usual shower - this is against the hallway wall.

11101722873_90276b993b_z.jpg

Goodies in the basket.

11101770073_a547451f85_z.jpg

My little surge protector w/USB ports fit! Was sure to unplug when not in the cabin. Yes, I'm paranoid about electrical fires on ships.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a hold on 7345 on Splendor. I searched the thread and the only couple of comments was that these three mid-ship 1As were NOT converted to 2 floor beds like they were on the Conquest class ships.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case? I specifically wanted this cabin because it's a 1A with two floor beds, since I have someone who may be able to join me. There's certainly enough room. I'll be disappointed if this cabin is just an upper/lower.

Going to go search for pics out there on the vast interwebs. ;)

We have had 1A' a few times and have always had a roll a way bed brought in. It is put next to the one twin bed and they are made up as one. Carnival has known this and we have always had the extra bed there when we get to the cabin. If its not there, find your room steward and they will put it there for that night!

Right, so I'm not finding much about Splendor. I know it is not identical to the Conquest class - it's close, but not identical. It has 1As midship that Conquest-class ships don't, and the three "special" midship 1As on Conquest class that have the 2 beds on the floor do NOT have two floor beds on Splendor and are true upper/lower cabins.

How about Splendor 1A porthole cabins, like 2217? Are those the same as Conquest-class ships? One single bed and one sofa bed? What little I can find makes me think they are the same. Since I may have someone join me and 7345 on Splendor does NOT have two beds on the floor, I may switch to a 1A porthole (2217 is already taken), just to prevent one of us from having to climb the ladder.

Confirmation of this??

I'm thinking 2216 & 2217 are just like the Conquest class - single bed and convertible sofa.

I had expected 2217 on Glory to have more room, but the bed wasn't over against the hull (yes, it curves, but there was a lot of space between the bed and the wall).

Is it possible to push the bed over under the portholes? That would free up a lot of space. If I'm solo, it's not an issue, but when there are two women in any cabin, the space is quickly eaten up by all sorts of stuff, know what I mean? :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone sailed on Triumph in room 2444 or 2445 since the drydock? Haven't found any pics of the room after and some are saying there are now two twins on floor and some aren't.

I have 2445 booked on the Triumph in April and would be interested in knowing this as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know where a listing of the "Dream" Class 1A cabin configurations might be? I have searched this thread and couldn't find it. My husband and I are planning a cruise in November and, having been in a 1A cabin aboard the Triumph previously, wanted to book a 1A on the Magic if possible. Just wanted to make sure of what the cabin configuration was before booking, though. Thanks in Advance. ;)

Edited by secretmaiden

Anyone know where a listing of the "Dream" Class 1A cabin configurations might be? I have searched this thread and couldn't find it. My husband and I are planning a cruise in November and, having been in a 1A cabin aboard the Triumph previously, wanted to book a 1A on the Magic if possible. Just wanted to make sure of what the cabin configuration was before booking, though. Thanks in Advance. ;)

Here you go. This is what is on mitsguy2001's thread, where he & I teamed up to provide all kinds of information on staterooms & categories. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590170&page=3. This list is from Post # 29 there. You'll see in there that there are some slight differences in the room numbers between Dream & Magic, which is why I separated them. The 1A rooms on the ship that I did not mention here are basic 1A rooms: 1 twin, 1 upper bunk, no view, not handicapped. I made the lists in that thread to specify the exceptions, such as these:

MAGIC & BREEZE: Decks 1 (fwd, mid, aft), 2 (fwd & mid), 6 (fwd & mid), 8 (mid), 9 (mid), 11 (mid)

Rooms with one regular bed, one upper, & 2 portholes: 1212, 1215

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & 2 portholes: 1210, 1211, 2211, 2212, 2216, 2217

Rooms with one regular bed, one sofa bed, & no view: 2203, 2204, 2207, 2208

Handicapped rooms: All 4 on Deck 11

• 1 month later...

When we have had cabins with one lower twin and one upper pull down we just ask for a roll-a-way. It is brought in, put next to the lower, then both beds are made as one bed. this is like any cabin where the two beds are put together. Granted you don't have a lot of floor space but you can walk around the beds. We have no problems with a 1A cabin for this reason. Many people don't know to ask for the roll-a-way but we do it when we book so they are together when we get on the ship.