Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

thank you! I read a ton of threads and someone had posted that on the glory it wasn't so was hoping to verify it. Yes, i heard the Splendor and Victory were different.

Just so you know, i'm going Aug 30th and the 1A JUST opened up. All we could get before were 4A's also, and we kept holding off and POOF, that room opened up just yesterday. Don't know how/why so maybe you'll get luck! I've been watching the cruise for about a month and they let a 1A on 2 become available a few days ago, then ti was gone and this one came open and the other gone, now this one opened up. All i can figure is someone had a hold on it perhaps and i got lucky and grabbed it as soon as it opened up after a 24 hour hold. Since we are way after final payment.... nothing else made sense.

Last minute girls getaway so this will be perfect.

Thanks again!

Kaki:cool:

• 1 month later...

I leave for a cruise in my first 1A cabin in a few weeks. I'm in cabin 1420 on the Splendor. I know it has 1 bed on the floor and I believe a pull down bunk bed, but since I'm rooming solo it doesn't really matter to me. Does anyone know if it has a sofa or chair in it? Even better, does anyone have pictures they could share??

Thanks!

Melissa

I'm currently booked in 1210 on the Breeze but would prefer to be on deck 2. I see that 2204 is available and the size of the cabin looks bigger on the deck plans.

Has anyone stayed in that cabin? And is it larger?

If it is not going to cost you any more money, then by all means make the switch. You're going from the Riv deck to the Main deck, which is better and the room may be slightly bigger.

I'm currently booked in 1210 on the Breeze but would prefer to be on deck 2. I see that 2204 is available and the size of the cabin looks bigger on the deck plans.

Has anyone stayed in that cabin? And is it larger?

I haven't stayed in it, but once upon a time, I saw a picture. It's not quite as big as the deck plans make it look, but the square shape makes it feel bigger than it is. But keep in mind that this room (2204) does NOT have portholes, while the 1210 does. For me, there's no way that I would take 2204 over 1210. One deck further up versus portholes. I would rather have the portholes.

I leave for a cruise in my first 1A cabin in a few weeks. I'm in cabin 1420 on the Splendor. I know it has 1 bed on the floor and I believe a pull down bunk bed, but since I'm rooming solo it doesn't really matter to me. Does anyone know if it has a sofa or chair in it? Even better, does anyone have pictures they could share??

Thanks!

Melissa

That's a standard 1A, so no sofa in the room. Descriptions say it has a chair, but those small chairs are not designed for comfort. You would be more comfortable sitting on the bed.

As for 1420 on Splendor, I had the comparable cabin on Triumph (1402) on a 2-night to nowhere cruise. I posted pics of it but they were on Webshots back then and are now show as just a small, red x in my posts. :mad:

That cabin did have a small sofa. It was an interesting layout. You walked in, bathroom was to the right, small sofa directly across from the door. On the left were the closets and the desk. The bed was opposite the desk, lined up fore to aft (so it was against the wall that backs up to the elevator shaft).

Honestly, I didn't like it. Lots of vibrations, you could hear the elevator humming up and down all night.

But the cabin on Splendor may not be the same as the one on Triumph. If it were me, I wouldn't book it. There haven't been many cabins I didn't like, but that was one.

Specifically the Glory... i read the thread (whew!) and seems that all the conquest ships are supposed to have the two twins in this room (the 3 midship 1A's) but want to verify with someone who has been on it please. We will deal with an upper but after a night at the piano bar, no one really wants to go UPSTAIRS to bed :D

Thanks!! Pics would be appreciated too

Kaki:cool:

Kaki:

I look to book 6393, 7345 and 8357 when I go solo. These cabins are a bit larger and the bed is in line with the ship's direction. There are indeed two twins in this cabin. I have 8357 booked for upcoming cruises on the Conquest and the Freedom.

Edited by evandbob

Kaki:

I look to book 6393, 7345 and 8357 when I go solo. These cabins are a bit larger and the bed is in line with the ship's direction. There are indeed two twins in this cabin. I have 8357 booked for upcoming cruises on the Conquest and the Freedom.

I believe the beds are only like that on the Valor. Otherwise they are on the wall across from the door. I have 6393 on the Glory this Sat. I'll be sure to post pics.

As for 1420 on Splendor, I had the comparable cabin on Triumph (1402) on a 2-night to nowhere cruise. I posted pics of it but they were on Webshots back then and are now show as just a small, red x in my posts. :mad:

That cabin did have a small sofa. It was an interesting layout. You walked in, bathroom was to the right, small sofa directly across from the door. On the left were the closets and the desk. The bed was opposite the desk, lined up fore to aft (so it was against the wall that backs up to the elevator shaft).

Honestly, I didn't like it. Lots of vibrations, you could hear the elevator humming up and down all night.

But the cabin on Splendor may not be the same as the one on Triumph. If it were me, I wouldn't book it. There haven't been many cabins I didn't like, but that was one.

Thanks for the info. Too late to change rooms now so I'll just have to make the best out of what I have. No biggie, don't spend too much time in the cabin anyway. Besides any cabin is better then being home [emoji12]

Regarding the sofas in 1As, there are many 1As that are designated to have a sofa. However, many of them make no mention of it. The 1As on Fantasy class ships certainly do not have one, and all 1As on those ships are exactly alike: upper bunk for the 2nd person, no outside views, no sofas, exact same setup. I've stayed in one. No sofa. My porthole 1A on the extinct Holiday also didn't have one.

On the larger ships, the 1As come in many shapes & sizes, some with portholes, some with 2 windows, some with 2 regular beds, some with small sofas, some with sofas long enough to also be a bed. You just have to research it, and even then, the research may not be correct. NCTribeFan mentions 1402 on Triumph as having a sofa, but the descriptions make no mention of it. But pics on cruiselinerooms dot com do confirm the sofa. So there's no telling if Splendor's 1420 has one or not, unless someone who has stayed in that exact room reports on here. For other 1A rooms, I would be careful not to imply that all 1As have sofas. That is something that is certainly not true. Many of them do, but not all.

Edited by k2excursion

I don't think this post should be closed. As long as there are questions, why close it?

Some 1A's have been re-categorized - what used to be upper/lower now has two beds, so things do change.

Totally agreed. This thread is for any & all 1A questions, for now & for any point in the future. This thread should never end, unless Carnival gets rid of all 1As. Until then, people will have questions about them, and this is the thread to come to.

Edited by k2excursion

The question about 1A cabins was posted on SEPTEMBER 8, 2008, FOUR YEARS AGO!! Think the question has been answered, don't you.

I see the heading of this thread and except for once, never opened it again until this morning. Who wants to go through 800 posts to get an answer?

Close the thread and start a new one with new information.

This has been a very useful, informative thread that I've used to select 1A cabins on various ships. And to report back on them once I've returned.

The whole point is that 1A cabins are NOT created equally, and the generic deck plans (and often TAs and PVPs) do not even know about these differences.

That hasn't changed in the years this thread has been around, so why should it be deleted or locked? These long threads, I simply start at the most recent and work my way back. And I use the search function! What a novel idea!

I happen to really appreciate the long (often old) threads about specific ships. I find them so much more useful than having a dozen new threads a day asking the same questions over and over (because people are too lazy to do any reading or use the search function).

I really wish the mods would create a "stuck" folder at the top of the boards and have the "All Things (shipname)" threads there as well as threads like this that span a long time and contain tons of useful info.

Starting a new thread just to repeat all this useful stuff is just silly.

Don't want to spend YOUR time reading it all (try searching)? But you want the people who have contributed to the thread to spend THEIR time repeating themselves? Really?

This is a very useful thread for those that are seeking information regarding the specific type of cabin that they are thinking about vacationing in. Many things have changed over the 6 years that the thread has been active and obviously it has valuable information for a particular segment of the Carnival sailing community, otherwise it would have died on the vine ages ago. People can search or skim thru the many pages to obtain the info that they need and can always post a follow up question if they need any clarification.

Has anyone staying in the Fantasy Class ships 1A's, elation, aft cabins used a roll-a-way bed instead of the bunk bed. I have tried searches and can't come up with an adequate answer. Thanks.:)

I have heard of people doing that before. I even saw a couple pics of the rollaway pushed next to the regular bed. Didn't really look like they fit, and probably didn't feel right at all, but the couple got to sleep next to each other. It would depend on whether there are any rollaways available once you get on board. Ask the room steward when you see them. If there is one available, they will likely bring one in, especially if you give them a tip for it. I don't think this can be arranged ahead of time, since the room is not designated to take an extra bed.

Those aft 1A cabins are pretty small, though. I would think the bed on the floor would totally eat up what little floor space you have!

I have pictures in Post 625 (page 16 on my computer) of E183. See, you can go back and find old, useful info! :p

The last pic in that post is from the doorway.

• 5 months later...

Thank you for posting the list.

CONQUEST CLASS

1207 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1208 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1211 fwd, starboard, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1212 fwd, port, 1 bed + 1 convertible sofa, portholes

1426 aft

1435 aft

2201 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS

2202 fwd, port, 1 bed and 1 CS

2207 fwd, SB, 1 bed and 1 CS