Your 1A Stateroom Guide (Everything 1A)

ebandive

Just returned from Carnival Breeze 1A interior cabin #11268 deck 11 forward. This is a handicap accessible upper/lower. There was only 1 cabin next to us so there was no noise leaking in from the other cabin and since it was handicap the bathroom was HUGE. Both my friend and I could be in it with no problem. Cabin was good size, but limited storage space. The upper bunk was hard so I asked for an egg carton pad which helped. I was worried because it is right under the splash zone, but really only heard kids running once in a while. Overall it was a good cabin.

Just returned from Carnival Breeze 1A interior cabin #11268 deck 11 forward. This is a handicap accessible upper/lower. There was only 1 cabin next to us so there was no noise leaking in from the other cabin and since it was handicap the bathroom was HUGE. Both my friend and I could be in it with no problem. Cabin was good size, but limited storage space. The upper bunk was hard so I asked for an egg carton pad which helped. I was worried because it is right under the splash zone, but really only heard kids running once in a while. Overall it was a good cabin.

I've stayed in 11275 on the Magic. It is also a handicapped 1A. Great room, HUGE bathroom. I had no problems with the beds. The closet space was 1/2 that of a normal room, but we managed without it.

• 3 weeks later...

Way back in post #652, almost two years ago, someone mentioned cabin 2106 on Sunshine.

I just booked this for one of the Journeys sailings (11 nights).

I had 2217 on Glory to Bermuda (I posted here about the waves slamming against the hull on our way back), but I went ahead and booked 2217 on Splendor to Bermuda for this October. I'm hoping it was just the sea conditions on Glory and my sleep won't be repeatedly interrupted again like it was on that trip.

So, anyway, if anyone has any comments about the 1A portholes on Sunshine, I'd like to read them. I'm assuming that since there's another passenger deck above Main, that the theater converting to a club at night won't be a problem, noise-wise. I won't be happy on an 11-night sailing if the cabin isn't quiet at night!

• 3 weeks later...
I have a 4J (7202) coming up on the Liberty. It's considered an interior with a walkway view- and it does have a large window at the front of the ship.

This is a thread for 1A cabins.

• 3 weeks later...

What ship, rene?

FTR, I changed cabins on Sunshine when I realized the fare I'd booked had 4B for the same price as 1A. I prefer to NOT be in the bow and don't really want a window. I like nice, dark inside cabins. ;)

What ship, rene?

FTR, I changed cabins on Sunshine when I realized the fare I'd booked had 4B for the same price as 1A. I prefer to NOT be in the bow and don't really want a window. I like nice, dark inside cabins. ;)

I'd guess that Rene is sailing on the Breeze in the middle of November.

At least that is what her signature says. I like the dark inside 1A cabins too, preferably on Upper, Empress or Verandah decks in the Conquest class ships.

I'd guess that Rene is sailing on the Breeze in the middle of November.

At least that is what her signature says. I like the dark inside 1A cabins too, preferably on Upper, Empress or Verandah decks in the Conquest class ships.

What ship, rene?

Totally forgot the ship but yes the Breeze in my signature! I like the price and that I get natural light. I just noticed there do not seem to be many portholes on the Breeze.

Edited by rene194215

Totally forgot the ship but yes the Breeze in my signature! I like the price and that I get natural light. I just noticed there do not seem to be many portholes on the Breeze.

I was in a porthole on the Breeze - cabin 2212 - which I believe should be very similar - if you check my Breeze Review (see link below near signature) you should be able to find some pics of the cabin (maybe page 2 or 3?) :D:D

I was in a porthole on the Breeze - cabin 2212 - which I believe should be very similar - if you check my Breeze Review (see link below near signature) you should be able to find some pics of the cabin (maybe page 2 or 3?) :D:D

Thanks!! Awesome review by the way. I cant wait to read it all!!!

I sailed on the Splendor in cabin 2216 earlier this month. I did a 1A guarantee which saved me a substantial amount of money. I was hoping for an upgrade to a regular interior, but no such luck for me. The only thing I was worried about was the sound of the waves crashing on the hull, as my child can be very scared of thunder.

The room turned out being OK and the two portholes were nice. The room is large enough to push two twin beds together-I don't know why they don't? The sofa bed was fine for my child, and this arrangement would be perfect for people who don't care/need to share a bed. The waves crashing on the hull were VERY loud and sounded like explosions and kinda rattled the cabin. We sailed through the tail end of TS Ana the first night and there was considerable noise. Not constant crashing, but enough to be slightly unnerving. I took half a sleeping pill and slept through it. My child asked what the noise was, and once I explained it, he seemed to understand (it did not bother him and he slept fine).

I was also worried about being sea sick, but I did not experience any sickness. I did have very bad sea legs (prob the worst I have ever had) for a few days after arriving home. The movement being so far forward was considerable. I did not hear ANY noise from the theater above. I thought there would be less foot traffic being so far forward, but I had a few groups/families around who would slam doors and talk loudly in the halls....Grrrrr.

There was also a crew door at the end of the hallway that I saw open a few times. My room smelled of cigarettes a few times and I attributed this to a possible crew smoking area behind that door? I also heard welding one afternoon while I was in my cabin, so there must be some type of workshop in that crew area? The cabin was convenient to the forward glass elevators. You could also walk down deck 2 all the way aft and go up one flight of stairs to the dining room there. The small fridge in the cabin was great and actually kept things very cold, which surprised me.

Overall, I would choose this cabin if sailing with my child and only if I was saving at least $250 over a regular interior. I would rather have the portholes and sofa bed vs a bunk bed and no natural light.

One other note on the Splendor-she is quite gaudy with all the pink and zebra print, but she has the retractable sun roof over the main pool that was awesome! We had periods of rain and bad weather on the cruise and having that roof closed meant we could enjoy the pool. The roof could slide back and forth while the ship was sailing, too.

I sailed on the Splendor in cabin 2216 earlier this month. I did a 1A guarantee which saved me a substantial amount of money. I was hoping for an upgrade to a regular interior, but no such luck for me. The only thing I was worried about was the sound of the waves crashing on the hull, as my child can be very scared of thunder.

The room turned out being OK and the two portholes were nice. The room is large enough to push two twin beds together-I don't know why they don't? The sofa bed was fine for my child, and this arrangement would be perfect for people who don't care/need to share a bed. The waves crashing on the hull were VERY loud and sounded like explosions and kinda rattled the cabin. We sailed through the tail end of TS Ana the first night and there was considerable noise. Not constant crashing, but enough to be slightly unnerving. I took half a sleeping pill and slept through it. My child asked what the noise was, and once I explained it, he seemed to understand (it did not bother him and he slept fine).

I was also worried about being sea sick, but I did not experience any sickness. I did have very bad sea legs (prob the worst I have ever had) for a few days after arriving home. The movement being so far forward was considerable. I did not hear ANY noise from the theater above. I thought there would be less foot traffic being so far forward, but I had a few groups/families around who would slam doors and talk loudly in the halls....Grrrrr.

There was also a crew door at the end of the hallway that I saw open a few times. My room smelled of cigarettes a few times and I attributed this to a possible crew smoking area behind that door? I also heard welding one afternoon while I was in my cabin, so there must be some type of workshop in that crew area? The cabin was convenient to the forward glass elevators. You could also walk down deck 2 all the way aft and go up one flight of stairs to the dining room there. The small fridge in the cabin was great and actually kept things very cold, which surprised me.

Overall, I would choose this cabin if sailing with my child and only if I was saving at least $250 over a regular interior. I would rather have the portholes and sofa bed vs a bunk bed and no natural light.

One other note on the Splendor-she is quite gaudy with all the pink and zebra print, but she has the retractable sun roof over the main pool that was awesome! We had periods of rain and bad weather on the cruise and having that roof closed meant we could enjoy the pool. The roof could slide back and forth while the ship was sailing, too.

Thanks for your report. I sailed Splendor last November, and I was right next door to your room: 2220. Although, my room was a PT and not a 1A. The only difference was that we had the 2nd regular bed in there. It was only about $20 each more to book the PT. But, if we had booked the 1A instead, we would have been able to get hundreds of dollars of OBC with Early Saver. The PTs were sold out early, but the 1As dropped in a major way & might not have ever sold out. That's the Early Saver advantage of 1As over the PTs. That's why it's nice that they don't have the 2nd bed in those 1As with portholes, even though there is enough room for it.

Our room did feel the motion of the ocean, but since we didn't have a TS or anything, it was no worse than any other ship in the same area. Splendor seemed to handle it as well as other Carnival ships. I loved the Splendor's gaudy decor. I don't get to see gaudy too much in everyday life, so it's nice for something different. The color scheme was a bit darker than I would do it, but I still liked it.

And thanks for your report of getting a 1A with a guarantee. Many people say that nobody will ever get a 1A with a guarantee. Some say that it's impossible, while others will say that while it's possible, it has never & will never happen. But with you, it did. And there are other reports of it as well.

My bow 1A/PH was 2217 on Glory to Bermuda. I have that cabin booked for Splendor to Bermuda next October.

I reported back about the waves-crashing-against-the-hull & noise issue (and we had no storms on the way back from Bermuda).

I had some folks who were obviously together but were on opposite sides of the ship. They probably didn't realize when they booked that odd # cabins are starboard and even are port and probably thought they would be next to each other. They'd stand there, one outside 2220 and one outside 2221 and shriek/bellow down that hallway. Good grief people. Either walk the few steps to talk to each other or go in your cabin and call the other and talk.

I hate adults who think it's perfectly fine to just yell and bellow to each other wherever they are in any situation because, well, you know, they're the only people on the planet and whatever they want to do is just fine and who cares if they're being inconsiderate? :mad:

Anyway, I prefer something midship, but when the 1A price is lower, I'll take one of these cabins. And when I think someone may be joining me in a 1A, I'll definitely book them so neither of us old women has to climb a ladder into a bunk! :eek:

As for 1As as guarantees, Carnival changed that policy several years ago. Used to be a "regular" inside but they're now included. Since there aren't that many on most ships, the chances of getting one as guarantee is probably lower, but it's always possible. I don't book guarantees.

P.S. I have signatures turned off.

Moved away from the wall? :confused:

I don't think any of the beds on the floor are permanent, are they? I mean, the beds in regular cabins obviously can be moved because they can be converted from single beds to kings.

I've never bothered to check to see if the single beds in 1As could be moved. I did think I would've preferred the bed in 2217 on Glory to be facing forward rather than back but never thought to see if it could be turned around (or moved closer to the hull wall).

Sorry. I know you want some "real" answers. ;)

Hi! Booked in the Breeze 6229 cabin with my son. He loves the bunk bed idea but I was wondering if the twin on the ground was "stuck" against the wall. Can it be moved away from the wall?

I also am interested in this. I don't like beds against a wall.

And thanks for your report of getting a 1A with a guarantee. Many people say that nobody will ever get a 1A with a guarantee. Some say that it's impossible, while others will say that while it's possible, it has never & will never happen. But with you, it did. And there are other reports of it as well.

I actually booked under a 1A guarantee, but was secretly hoping for an upgrade. Someone on my roll call booked the same 1A guarantee and was assigned a 4B inside cabin. I was browsing a few cruises for this summer and under their regular inside guarantee rate (not a 1A guarantee) it does say you can be assigned a 1A room. I wonder if anyone has been assigned a 1A. At least with me, I got exactly what I paid for (1A) and no free upgrade.

They'd stand there, one outside 2220 and one outside 2221 and shriek/bellow down that hallway. Good grief people. Either walk the few steps to talk to each other or go in your cabin and call the other and talk.

Ugh, how incredibly rude!! :mad:

Regarding the twin bed moving, I would imagine it would move-every bed I have ever slept in has the ability to move. I actually tried to move the sofa bed but it was either bolted to the floor or I was not strong enough to move it!

We indeed are booked in the same 1A cabin on splendor. The savings was worth it. No upsell phone call yet but we should be fine with it.

we actually saved a total of 500 from the price of regular Inside cabin

We indeed are booked in the same 1A cabin on splendor. The savings was worth it. No upsell phone call yet but we should be fine with it.

we actually saved a total of 500 from the price of regular Inside cabin

That is an amazing savings and I would be quite pleased with that. I saved about $250 for a 5-day sailing and I was OK with the cabin. I saw your other thread regarding the upgrade to an aft cabin. I find there is much more vibrations back there and also some noise from the dining room above. Personally, I would probably take it, because I really did not care for all the wave crashing and motion being that far forward.

Hello and thank you for all the useful info and pics. It has been said that Carnival Conquest 8357 has twin beds but I cant find anywhere if the beds can be separated or not. anyone know the answer to that?

Thank you very much!

Hello and thank you for all the useful info and pics. It has been said that Carnival Conquest 8357 has twin beds but I cant find anywhere if the beds can be separated or not. anyone know the answer to that?

Thank you very much!

They should be able to, however, it could be a very tight squeeze along the side where the fridge/vanity is because of the way it is laid out. This is 6393 on the Glory. Take note of where the bed ends - it's past the fridge and into the vanity area where the phone is. The chair that is in the corner would have to be relocated to where the table is at the foot of the bed. Again, another tight squeeze.

I think if I were needing 2 separate beds, I would choose another cabin. Even if one person has to sleep on the couch. My mom said she liked the couch better than the bed anyway. c67cecfd8b65b5a86e68edc6a6c6ac92.jpg25fa9cc63bfed77c458e8889b5f6c5b8.jpg94f37b249a7f4bb75e1edb66562b0022.jpg

Edited by firemanbobswife