Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

If we're leaving from San Pedro, and driving in (except the last time, we hired a car service), then it's those last minute details, the trying to reduce the amount that I've packed (my hubby always thinks I've overpacked), trying to set aside time to do my nails (which is hard for me as I'm constantly moving...and I can't stand when someone works on my nails), printing out our itinerary (if I haven't already) with dates, etc., and getting a copy to at least one of our neighbors and the moms...

We always go to the port city the day before we sail. That way we have no stress the day of the actual cruise.

We will spend the day walking, talking, and having a nice dinner then to our room to rest up for a fantasic trip the next day.

The day before the day, I am usually still at work, then I get home take the dog to the K-9 Country Club(unless hubby is home and he does this), pack, check our docs, water my plants, recheck our docs, go to bed and toss and turn cuz I am to excited to sleep!

Re check flights to set up flight notifications. Make sure house is set (mail taken care of, water shut off, windows locked, heat turned way down) Make sure we have all docs and passports. Turn out of office on with some phase that says "I am on a cruise and really do not care what your emailing me about at the moment as I am having a drink on the Lido deck" Drive to Grandma and Grandpa's house, spend and evening with them and get DD all set up for her week "vacation" with grandma and grandpa.

Like OP, we always fly in at least one day before we sail. We have not found a cruise we can easily drive to. If we were driving, the day before we would do the same thing as we do the day before we fly, pack and double check that we have all the necessary stuff.

I usually work the day before (very distracting) and hope to get out of work early to make the nail appointment. Constantly going over in my head whether I really want to go to the nail appointment or just do them myself. (Could buy a couple of drinks onboard for the savings! ;)) Also I'm usually packing. DH is the early packer and I wait to the last minute. :rolleyes: Never sleep well the night before with all the excitement (and packing until midnight). :o

We do enjoy sailing from our home port! That way we can over pack all we want. :p

we go into the port city a day ahead of time last 3 cruises we have driven to to the port and stayed and parked when we flew we always went a day or 2 early never know about weather ect, prior to we triple check docs .. on cruise back in the 90s we forgot our birth certs , lucky for us we sailed with the line alot and the said no worries , aslong as we had them bye the end of our trip . that was pre 9/11 now lol u cant do that , i used to toss and turn .. now i take a sleepy pill and get some rest ,, so im not so wired the day of the cruise

Since I normally don't leave until the day of the cruise, the day before is busy with last minute stuff. I make certain the house is clean, all the laundry is done and put away, I take the dogs to the kennel, wash the car, fill up with gas, and do last minute packing. Whew, by the time I make it to the ship, I'm exhausted.

Thanks for all of the replies...It is great having the prot close by but I think flying forcesyou to be ready sooner and have a day before to unwind...Here we are the day before we are cruising..and I am cleaning, packing and working couldnt sleep last night...forget tonight...and reading CC ...and doing it all with a smile :):) :) :) :)

caribbean princess to newengland yeah!!!

Take the cat to the vet to be boarded.....get misty eyed when I leave her......told that she is a sweet cat and that they love her there and that she will be fine.......feel guilty for leaving her although she is in quite capable hands and she does just fine there..........come home and miss the cat...........do final check of luggage.............call parents...........read the paper...........miss the cat some more.............try to get some sleep and miss cat hogging the bed (do you see a theme here? LOL)..........wake up a lot during the night due to excitement and miss the cat looking at me and thinking "what you up AGAIN?"............finally get up cause no sense in staying in a lonely bed............read...........breakfast and off to the ship!

We live in Southern Cal, a cruise fron San Pedro is easy...Alimo ride for 40 min and done. For cruises from Florida we do NOT! like going the day before because we take to kids with us it makes no sence to drag all the luggage to a hotel unpack a little etc.... way too stressful. We like to grab a red eye so when we arive we can go straight to the cruise port. On our next cruise out of FL we have a 10pm nonestop that lands at 10 in the mourn, a stop for breakfast then then to the ship. This format works for us.:cool:

I will have two full days in FLL before I cruise in Nov. Will try to enjoy the extra time by taking advantage of any hotel amenities. Am actually excited about having the extra time to leisurely await embarkation. Also will be meeting up with others on cruise.

We live on the far north coast of California, just 100 miles from Oregon. For us we have to leave a day earlier even if we're sailing out of San Pedro. Only because we can only fly out of where we live on a 18 seater United Express flight to San Francisco, where we then get on a larger plane. With the risk of fog and delays on the coast, it's always safer to leave a day before because we don't want to miss the ship! So... I spend my day in the air or sitting in a terminal. a

Archived