Stock Obc Not Combinable Anymore

jmezmom

Check out the offer details for the WOW Sale Oct.2nd………..WOW…..if you have a future cruise booking or a stock credit it’s not much of a sale!:confused: :mad:

The One Day WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit Offer (the "Offer") is applicable to all Royal Caribbean International® cruises that sail January 1, 2009 through December 25, 2009. Offer applies to new individual bookings with deposit only. All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on October 2, 2008 by 11:59 p.m. Local Time to qualify for the promotion. Bookings made on October 2, 2008 without deposit will not qualify for this offer. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Crown & Anchor, Shareholder Benefits, Future or NextCruise offers. Offer is valid for Cruise Tour packages but not combinable with other Cruise Tours Onboard Credits.The Oasis of the Seas sail dates do not qualify for this offer. In the event that a guest has more than one applicable offer for the same sailing, guest can choose the offer he or she wishes to apply. Any existing booking that is cancelled between September 27 - October 2, 2008 and is rebooked for the same sailing on October 2, 2008 will not be eligible to receive the offer. Any eligible reservation that is cancelled after October 2, 2008 and is reinstated will not be eligible to receive the offer. Onboard credit is in US dollars and will be applied to qualified booking by Royal Caribbean International within 3 weeks of the Sale. The 50% reduced deposit and onboard credit offer is applicable to on-line bookings; however, the on-line booking confirmation will not reflect this reduced deposit or onboard credit. The WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit offer is good until October 2, 2008, 11:59 pm, Local Time, based on availability and is subject to change without notice. Government taxes and fees are additional. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. ©2008 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registered in the Bahamas. Brilliance of the Seas is operated by RCL (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

I e-mailed the Shareholder Benefit area yesterday specifically asking if the shareholder benefit could be used with the balcony discount. I received an e-mail today from Linda stating:

"No, the shareholder benefit will not be combinable with any other onboard or loyalty offers. Enjoy your cruise."

That sounds pretty definite to me! icon9.gif

With the financial crisis the gurus in marketing at RCI must figure that there will be lots of people out of work who will have more time for cruising. With full ships there will be no need to reward shareholders and other loyal RCI cruisers. :rolleyes:

As a former marketing professor I am appalled that they would want to dump on loyal customers. It is very difficult to create a base of customer loyalty and these customers should be treated very well.

Our previous cruise on RCI was nearly a complete disaster and it is unlikely that I will ever sail with them again. We have been very well treated by Celebrity and that is where we wish to continue to obtain reasonable benefits. I paid US$ 4345 for 100 RCCL shares so getting something back would be nice! Bill

I e-mailed the Shareholder Benefit area yesterday specifically asking if the shareholder benefit could be used with the balcony discount. I received an e-mail today from Linda stating:

"No, the shareholder benefit will not be combinable with any other onboard or loyalty offers. Enjoy your cruise."

Funny I called C & A not more then an hour ago and was told "yes, the only thing NOT combinable" was the WOW sale booking. She even called and asked investor relations. She then told me to go to the investor webpage but the wording sounds like a direct contradiction to what I was told by C & A.

I didn't read this whole thread but bits and pieces. What is the general consensus? I was considering it while the price is so low.

With the financial crisis the gurus in marketing at RCI must figure that there will be lots of people out of work who will have more time for cruising. With full ships there will be no need to reward shareholders and other loyal RCI cruisers. :rolleyes:

As a former marketing professor I am appalled that they would want to dump on loyal customers. It is very difficult to create a base of customer loyalty and these customers should be treated very well.

Our previous cruise on RCI was nearly a complete disaster and it is unlikely that I will ever sail with them again. We have been very well treated by Celebrity and that is where we wish to continue to obtain reasonable benefits. I paid US$ 4345 for 100 RCCL shares so getting something back would be nice! Bill

Sorry Bill but if your cruising with Celebrity you’re still cruising with RCL. It’s a step above but Celebrity will eventually follow their lead.

Sorry Bill but if your cruising with Celebrity you’re still cruising with RCL. It’s a step above but Celebrity will eventually follow their lead.

Hard to say. The affinity perks are much better in C&A than Captain's Club. There are lots differences between the operations, even though they share ownership. RCL has to treat the brands differently if they want to appeal to different market segments.

I booked a Celebrity cruise last week for October 2009 and was told that the on-board open-jaw booking SBC and the shareholder SBC would both apply.

Hard to say. The affinity perks are much better in C&A than Captain's Club. There are lots differences between the operations, even though they share ownership. RCL has to treat the brands differently if they want to appeal to different market segments.

I booked a Celebrity cruise last week for October 2009 and was told that the on-board open-jaw booking SBC and the shareholder SBC would both apply.

Good news!

It seems to me that the trend over the years has been for some businesses to be much more focused on short term rather than long term gains. Maybe that is the equivelent of "new math" that is being taught in business schools?:confused: Perhaps it is also the reason why so many companies seem to come onto the scene and then fade away over a relatively short time.

I have always operated under the premise that it is better to keep an existing customer happy than to try to recruit a new one. New customers are great but if they are only replacing existing customers you are not making any gains. Gee, isn't that a shocking newsflash. I have debated on these boards in the past the need for cruiselines to have some "loyalty" to existing customers. We had some good economic times when ships were sailing full and the cruise lines really seems to have the idea that they could do whatever they wanted because if you didn't book there would be someone else to take your place. I predicted that type of attitude would eventually bite them in the butt when a downturn arrived. Well, the down turn is here. And, gee, isn't that another newsflash.

I have three cruises coming up on the Monarch.....starting with the 3/4 run, and then the Panama Canal.

I received some great deals that were posted on their site.......and got the shareholders OBC for all three cruises.

I know that if I book something on the Oct 2nd WOW deal......that I would not receive a shareholders OBC.

Rick

It seems that [almost?] everyone who has asked if they can combine has been told NO, but if you just ask for the OBC you get an affirmative. I'm in the later category. I'll truly believe what the answer is AFTER I receive and spend my OBCs:) (or not:().

Thom

So since most of us agree that the future cruise booking credit is not worth while for those of us with stock...

Has anyone asked RCI to pls void the lousy $$ given for the future booking thus allowing us to get a larger credit through the stock holders benefit? This would be on existing bookings.

I have three cruises booked... all with future cruise certs and have not yet applied for the stock holders benefit. Waiting for my statement.:eek:

I leave in 11 days for my Liberty cruise. I got the Diamond Balcony discount, used a next Cruise to book it, and have a confirmation from Sept. 12. 2007 for the stockholder OBC!

I will report back and let you know how I made out. The most they can do is NOT give me the stockholder OBC! Then you can bet your sweet a$$, I will be at the pursor's desk in a heartbeat, with a copy of my email for the confirmation from SEPT, 12th 2007! When the rule wasn't in effect at that time!:)

I leave in 11 days for my Liberty cruise. I got the Diamond Balcont discount, used a next Cruise to book it, and have a confirmation from Sept. 12. 2007 for the stockholder OBC!

I will report back and let you know how I made out. The most they can do is NOT give me the stockholder OBC! Then you can bet your sweet a$$, I will at the pursor's desk in a heartbeat, with a copy of my email for the confirmation from SEPT, 12th 2007! When the rule wasn't in effect at that time!:)

I wish the best 4 you!

:o :rolleyes: ;) :p :eek:

I leave in 11 days for my Liberty cruise. I got the Diamond Balcony discount, used a next Cruise to book it, and have a confirmation from Sept. 12. 2007 for the stockholder OBC!

I will report back and let you know how I made out. The most they can do is NOT give me the stockholder OBC! Then you can bet your sweet a$$, I will be at the pursor's desk in a heartbeat, with a copy of my email for the confirmation from SEPT, 12th 2007! When the rule wasn't in effect at that time!:)

Wait at least until day 3 or 4 because it won't show up before then. I am betting that you will get all of the credit you deserve.

jc

Archived