Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hey Maureen, I am a neighbor to the north of you (near Dulles airport)

your review starts off great.. Love the food and drink idea of a cruise.

the ship looks beautiful.

Have you looked into any of the cruises out of Cape Liberty? The Anthem is doing one next May to Bermuda and Boston. May14 I think, we have a thread started if you want to take a look.

This new ship has single balcony cabins that are not that pricey!!

Happy sailing everyone.

Fisherlady aka Kathleen

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2205057

Have you looked into any of the cruises out of Cape Liberty? The Anthem is doing one next May to Bermuda and Boston.

This new ship has single balcony cabins that are not that pricey!!

They tend to sell out VERY far in advance, so book early!! I'm on the Anthem next February and it has been sold out for months. They just opened up the studio interiors and they are actually MORE expensive. (just a little)

Anthem of the Seas, November 20, 2016 from NJ. The have a good rate for studio with balcony 1,074(1,214 with all the taxes). Its a 7 day Bahamas cruise.

You can also get the cruise right before that one a 10 day cruise going to San Juan,St Thomas,St Kitts and St Maarten(5 sea days to enjoy all the amenities) for 1501.21 total, in a studio balcony cabin.

Edited by DaytonCruiser

Anthem of the Seas, November 20, 2016 from NJ. The have a good rate for studio with balcony 1,074(1,214 with all the taxes). Its a 7 day Bahamas cruise.

I just booked this sailing and I'm so excited!! My price was higher since I did Canadian funds but I'm looking forward to it. Because of my cruise in September, I won't be able to pull off the 10 night sailing.

I've just checked this. For me, in the UK, it works out at $1921!

I don't think I could go anyway. I don't get back from a Transatlantic until 4 November!

Hey Maureen, I am a neighbor to the north of you (near Dulles airport)

Thanks to you both. Unfortunately, I don't plan that far ahead. When I want to cruise, I want to cruise NOW! :D I'm actually looking for a good deal for my birthday, late September, but, haven't found anything yet. I know the prices will go down for Sept, but, not yet. I'm thinking of just going to Orlando for the week, I love Universal, they'll be doing the Halloween Horror Nights, etc. The funny thing is although I love to cruise solo, the idea of going to haunted houses solo seems kind of sad. What's the point of screaming your fool head off if there's no one there to laugh at you? :(

<sigh> I'm looking for a cruise to the Caribbean, leaving from Florida (I'm in Ohio) and am flexible to go late Sept, Oct, or Nov, but am getting frustrated trying to find something that's not going to gouge me as a solo traveler. :(Someone had posted before that Carnival told them they would be offering good solo rates in July, so that's what I'm hoping for. Other than this, I'm looking at Apple Vacations for just an all-inclusive resort. <sigh> Anybody have any thoughts or advise?

Maggie

My PVP gave me a better rate than the on line rate.

OK, I posted twice about the "no single supplement" cruise I am taking and it has been taken down twice. WHY? There wasn't anything inappropriate about it. The information might have been helpful to someone. Some kind of communication about these decisions would be helpful. Otherwise, why bother to post???

OK, I posted twice about the "no single supplement" cruise I am taking and it has been taken down twice. WHY? There wasn't anything inappropriate about it. The information might have been helpful to someone. Some kind of communication about these decisions would be helpful. Otherwise, why bother to post???

It's probably because you are naming the travel agent, which is a big No-No. You can name the cruise line, dates, etc., just not the name of any agent.

It's probably because you are naming the travel agent, which is a big No-No. You can name the cruise line, dates, etc., just not the name of any agent.

OK, thanks for the clarification taznremmy. I think I did say the name that shall not be mentioned here. :eek: Problem is, that's how I found out about the great deal in the first place. Oh well.

ANyway ... Norwegian Gem, sailing out of New York, November 23-December 3, stopping in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, NO SOLO SUPPLEMENT. Got an inside cabin for $699. The ship has a ton to offer. I even got a $100 specialty dining credit thanks to (they who shall not be named).

Yes that is the reason you will notice they also appear to have taken down Sungolds to they are really against the naming of TA and Facebook pages etc... That why I just put up hints for the people rather than details..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes that is the reason you will notice they also appear to have taken down Sungolds to they are really against the naming of TA and Facebook pages etc... That why I just put up hints for the people rather than details..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For some reason this reminds me of that episode of All in the Family where Archie forbade Edith from repeating the words "cling peaches." So she had to say "the can of mmmm mmmm" instead, as in "and the can of "mmmm mmmm" flew out of the shopping cart and hit the car."

So I guess I'll say I got my ticket through "mmmm mmmm" from now on. :D

A thread for single supplement/solo bargains is very helpful for solo cruisers. :)

There used to be one, but it disappeared :confused: ...maybe it got too big.

So let's start another one and see what happens. :rolleyes:

:D Post all those great deals everyone! :D

But remember, you can't mention specific travel agencies, just general info like:

"Cruise line .... currently has good prices for solo occupancy on .... sailing".

As the very first post in this thread( and board guidelines) states,we can't mention specific agencies.

What we all do is just post the rates we find,as long as it's available on the cruise website we can all benefit from it.

Welcome to cruise critic and hope you have a great cruise. I know that deal has been mentioned a few times in this thread, so you should have lots of other solos on your cruise.

I wasn't advertising for the travel agency. Someone's post was taken down and someone else asked, I just repeated what he had said. How do I know if that deal will be matched by another TA, or by the cruise line itself? It's hard to tell people where to look if you can't mention the names. Maybe we could use initials? Pidgin English? Charades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't advertising for the travel agency. Someone's post was taken down and someone else asked, I just repeated what he had said. How do I know if that deal will be matched by another TA, or by the cruise line itself? It's hard to tell people where to look if you can't mention the names. Maybe we could use initials? Pidgin English? Charades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only place we are allowed to tell people to look is on the cruise line websites. Even if you use initials it's against board policy.

It's the same as on any other board on this site.

Many years ago this site use to allow the mention of TA sites,trust me it was a huge mess. Far too many TA would come on and try to get people to book with them using underhanded tactics. That's the reason why the board is so strict about it now. Plus it eats into their advertising $$

Researching cruises is so much fun and easier than in the past(pre internet) .....while it's time consuming to find great deals,it so rewarding when you locate that solo bargain...wishing all happy hunting.

Edited by DaytonCruiser

If you find a deal do a bit of research to check scope.

(should have been done to get the deal anyway if booked).

Is the cruise line offering something similar or close to the best price you found.

if it is then it become a shop around to get the best set of extras as every TA should be able to offer it, by saying what deal you got compared to cruise line that gives others a target to get a match.

if not a cruise line deal, are any of the other majors offering the same, people know the biggies and those that headline on CC adverts if one of them has something similar, people will find it again if your agent has the "best" deal then that gives other a target.

Cunard 12-day roundtrip London leaving Dec 17, 2015 (Med Christmas Cruise)

Q2 Master suite Queen's Grill (1100 square feet)

$6,969 including taxes and tips ($580 / day) - next cheapest Queen's Grill per-day on any Cunard cruise is $793 / day for a cabin half the size.

If interested, book quickly as smaller Queen's Grill cabins on this cruise are twice the price. Shows on cruise line website with $175 OBC.

Couldn't resist the 21 day Norwegian Epic sailing 11/27/16. $1500 total in a studio. Great itinerary.

Sun Barcelona, Spain

Mon At Sea------

Tue Tangier, Morocco

Wed At Sea------

Thu Las Palmas, Canary Islands

Fri Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands

Sat Funchal, Madeira

Sun At Sea------

Mon Granada (Malaga), Spain

Tue At Sea------

Wed Barcelona, Spain

Thu At Sea------

Fri Cagliari, Sardinia

Sat At Sea------

Sun Messina (Sicily), Italy

Mon At Sea------

Tue Naples, Italy

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Thu Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy

Fri At Sea--

Sat Palma, Majorca, Spain

Sun Barcelona, Spain

I have trying to decide to book this one. My concerns is the choppy sea's this time of the year and weather.

You can't beat the price, but to be at sea, and the rough waters, cold and rain, is scary.

Have you traveled these months to the Mediterranean? If so, what was the weather like?

I would like to book tomorrow when my PVP at NCL returns.

Thanks

I have trying to decide to book this one. My concerns is the choppy sea's this time of the year and weather.

You can't beat the price, but to be at sea, and the rough waters, cold and rain, is scary.

Have you traveled these months to the Mediterranean? If so, what was the weather like?

I would like to book tomorrow when my PVP at NCL returns.

Thanks

I've done a Med cruise in mid-November as well as transatlantics that started in the Med at that time of year. You can get a bad day of weather, as you can any time of the year. On my Med cruise Athens was cold and windy. But I'd take that time of year, even with a risk of cold weather, over the really hot and REALLY crowded summers in the Med...no contest. I'd highly recommend it. If you are worried about rough water, bring a seasickness remedy...and bring an umbrella and raincoat just in case! :)